Sign in to follow this  
Jake Blood

Come on DEVs, talk to us....

I know you see the complaints, you hear the issues... I know you are in the game and checking on things. I know you see the carnage of barrel bombs, I know you see the farm houses are not working, the SOTD are broke, submarines are glitching when you drop them and pick them back up, sunken ship frames are stuck in the water... I understand this is prerelease and I need to expect issues, but at least let us know you hear us, you see the issues, you are working on something... Anything? You have a patient community, but we need to hear something from you. 

• Like 7

Barrels,  I assume are working as intended, just not as youd prefer. I'm with you, but not a fair complaint as it is actually working.

Sunken ship frames, spot on. How the hell did that become a problem again?

Farms are working amazing though, wtf are you talking about?

On 8/22/2020 at 6:12 PM, Jake Blood said:

I know you see the complaints, you hear the issues... I know you are in the game and checking on things. I know you see the carnage of barrel bombs, I know you see the farm houses are not working, the SOTD are broke, submarines are glitching when you drop them and pick them back up, sunken ship frames are stuck in the water... I understand this is prerelease and I need to expect issues, but at least let us know you hear us, you see the issues, you are working on something... Anything? You have a patient community, but we need to hear something from you. 

I agree,  we are all beta players, we are patient. We want the servers to be playable, without the errors you mentioned. We do not have an answer if a correction is being worked on, these errors have long been in the game.

New content is this games only hope imo.  On DasAtlas server we added an Alpha Whale hunt. "Why am i doing 11knts and the whale is still gaining on me?", Its Moby thats why!

On 8/22/2020 at 5:12 PM, Jake Blood said:

you think this is starcitizen?  no way in hell they gonna show you transparency

On 8/24/2020 at 11:10 AM, Megalithic said:

you think this is starcitizen?  no way in hell they gonna show you transparency

As if transparency helped Star Citizen.  It's taken so long that I think most people have forgotten about it lol

On 8/25/2020 at 3:42 PM, Thayxen said:

As if transparency helped Star Citizen.  It's taken so long that I think most people have forgotten about it lol

The actual work being done in Star Citizen is light years ahead of Atlas in terms of technology.  I am kinda hoping that CIG can perfect some of its server technologies and license it out to other companies.   Imagine Atlas with no server walls and smoother transitions into overbuilt areas.   Not saying it will be used here, but other companies serious about developing games can potentially use it for cool stuff down the road. 

Edited by DocHolliday

That is because every year the $capital behind star citizen grows, they've the funds because people believe in a game that has direction. Atlas is just on the sea and fighting, nothing else.

Until they give the unofficial servers the option to have both SOTD and pirate ships on the water and dropping loot this game is pretty much going no where. That is disappointing.

Wait until Atlas starts dropping more DLC, when they do that then you'll know they need more funds.

Lets be honest did they ever really have Q&A? No.

They obviously looked through the forums, noted the reoccurring gripes people had with the game, chose a handful they were willing to answer and gave an answer trump would be proud of.

They ignored and failed to comment on every single one of the major questions and issues.

• Like 1

OK !   

I use to play this game stopped for a year. Saw a bunch of things on here was getting better..  Thought Why not give this game a try again..

DAY 1 Wow what happened to my toon?  Lvl 1 WTF?  All that work All them hard Days Farming lvling GONE!  Oh wait i remember thats why i left I got Smashed into the Ground and Chopped up and spit back out to the sharks.. 

Damn i have some Balls to come back here..  After all that this game did to me.. I had SO MUCH! GONE!

DAY 1 Build a ship.. looking around map Wow map looks Cool lets check out a few places..  Looking around I see a ton of Ship Shells.. I mean Alot of them GOD! whats going on why all these ships just sink or something?  lol  While i sail around i start to see each server has Ships of the damned But wait They are not moving.. time and time again more ships of the damned Same thing Not moving..  Ahhh look out ones shooting at us from within the Dead ones... Whats this a Twister! no more Twisters.. and the water starts to Go over my head then my sails are under water 1/2 way But we are not sunk just gliching out or the water is gliching out over us it looks like.. lol! 

OK another server Ahh land hooo..  Wait a ton more Ships bones all over near the shores lol Wow what happens going on with this game i am thinking..  So i jump off the ship to farm and explore the new found Lawless map..  Wow THE LAG!!  As i am walking around its like i am getting Hit back and have to restart my walk time in and time again! This is Bad!

But i still Run on and this is nonstop the rest of the run around on this server..  So it's time to leave this server.. And its So nice out love the Sky and everything! oh cant wait to drop the sails and cast into this nice day..  So i Drop the sails and BAM! Starts raining on me Winds pick up and BE HOLD! Whats that Its Alive! I knew it its back to hunt me down again Many Twisters! Shit..  So i turn around back to that Bad lag server to drop the ancor and did then Bam twisters gone.. rains gone..  15 mins later.. Ahh wow what a nice day this is going to be to sail away from this lagging server.. Drop the sails and start to sail..  BAM! Fog again!  WTF cant see anything!..  ok so soon i see more Ships of the damned and again they are not working and one i went right threw the ship.. LOL! Thinking to my self why the hell did i come back to this game its So busted!.. Hours later day later another lawless server later.. Same Deal! Same lag 4 islands now 3 lawless servers.. starting to see how this games going to be you know got a good feel of it again by now..

DAY 2  Run around same Lag 2 new islands again lawless servers.. Trying to get ore and things not much around.. But you know what i do see alot of are these new builds that are sucking up the Ore and they are Everyplace i look.. on top mountains 1/2 way under water (Working have you)  And on cliff sides.. I cant find a damn ROCK! Sailing to another Server on F4 logged out then about a few hours later try to log back in.. and I Keep getting stuck at loading screen.. Wont start the game..  I try again 5 times now same thing Stuck at the loading screen..  I try Steam File thing and fix my game but no luck..  I try joining the online game by clicking on the other option and it works Yes i'm in WAIT! I cant click on anything.. I'm Stuck on my Ship and cant Click E on anything.. Not even my ship window I'm Locked inside my Ship! AHHH HELP CANT GET OUT.. I log out again Try to load back in wont work.. but the other option works but i cant click on anything!  I'm now Starting to rethink why i ever came back to this game..