Sign in to follow this  
Aegis

Treasure strength question

I just started to play Atlas, and got some treasure map, I see on YT that all people have tamed animal with them to do maps, so do I need to have tame able to beat the soldiers or can I do a common map with just basic weapon, like a flintlock, sword, hide armor, and crossbow

Each map have it's own level. Right now you basically can easily do all maps around lvl-3 or less with your weapons. Also as far as this damned solders now got swivel cannons damage back, you probably can just surround their spawn position by walls, put there a balcony with guns and shoot them. But I never try this out.

Anyway. If you do it without walls, all higher level maps require a tame. Till lvl-12 - just good tamed bear is fine. Higher one - required either few people with bears, or, if you wanna do it solo - a tiger with bleed attack and GROG or any other alcohol that reduce incoming damage.

The only issue you should keep in mind. Damned solders need to swing their weapon. They do it near you. If they not swing for like 10 seconds - they buried underground and then rise up full health. So the strategy with tiger is simple. You hit bleed attack, knocking solders back. Then you allow some of them get close to you and swing their weapon. You can either hit them while they swing weapon so they knock back and miss (unsafe way), or just move backward. In this case - they'll miss. Anyway, for best survival - you should take almost all in "Beast mastery tree" especially lvl-3 nature cry and touch.

You basically choose one army solder at time and allow him to swing, and at the same time dodge all solders. If you catch a lot of damage - don't hesitate to kite damned solders, and wait till Nature touch CD is finished.

And yeah. One more thing. Sometimes the maps leads you to treasure location in top of really high cliffs. You can't reach there with tames, so you have only 2 options. To build ladders chain (and it can be really high), or just throw map away and go for another one.

(Or maybe try this wall and swivel options, but I'm not sure how it does work).