Sign in to follow this  
danobob81

Barrel bombs and Armor stacking

The game is definitely going to die without some quick fixes.

Armor stacking is insane and should be at the top of the priority list for fixes. 

As for  barrel bombs. If they're going to stay as is the weight needs to be increased to at least 200kg each

• Like 1

Going to die? They are sitting on a pile of ashes. It's dead and no one that lost all their shit this weekend is coming back. The worst part is that they don't even own their mistake and revert, they just let it ride and watch it burn. Fuck that pisses me off.

P.S. There is no such thing as an alpha game. You get one release. "It's still in alpha" is a bullshit excuse for incompetence and mismanagement.

to PVE players: As the barrels are shoot able out of now where i just got an idea: Can you test barrels on other players structure or tames thrown with catapult? I mean the far this game gets "forward" i would just bet on a possible bug. Maybe you get rid of some lawless structures like this now? Maybe the splash damage can hit something? 

PvP: Now you def your swivel horse with a cannon horse and barrels. Oh wait, you don't need swivel anymore. You can attack now with only using cannon horses and don't need to defend them. But of course you can defend now against tames with cannon barrel towers. Can NPCs shoot barrels too?

Edited by Nacona

Barrels take a few  seconds before they detonate after leaving the cannon/catapult & landing.

Swivel horses are still relevant as ground is still best way to rush a Barrel/Cannon tame & bop it.
Even Crabs are still useful just have to move immediately when you hear that ticking sound.

Server Lag is a big issue for massive PVP.. when it gets to 255+... that is when barrels break..
Some detonate instantly..  many just sit there ticking for ever..  some can be shot with a gun to stop it... most people stay away from the dud shots as they fear it might blow up when they get close like a proximity mine.

Barrel changes are 100% dumb. Extra Weight, Removing them from Cannons & removing bonus damage from boats & BPs..  would be my suggestion.