TurpentineCrow

Barrel Bombs, Barrel Bombs, Barrel Bombs

This is what the devs get when focusing on PvP. They make so bad changes that nobody of all this PvP Players is writing feedback into their forum.*

Well this would be the first time to think about using a catapult besides of trowing rats. But even small canons with barrels are insane stupid. This cargo horses with a 250% canon will wipe everything in minutes. Any you only need one single for it with that splash radius.

*maybe the youth of today is not aware of forums anymore and spamming the sozial media feeds? Or just spamming discord? Who will go to all this posts in one feed and reviewing them off topic?

You're somewhat correct, most of the third party discussion takes place on Reddit.

I'll take a swipe at it though.  The new Barrel Bomb mechanics have achieved the following:

1. Made speed sail Schooners the only viable combat ship.

2. Made ship blueprints inconsequential.

3. ^ ...therefore nullifying the trade / transport economy, as it'd be foolish to use anything except common planks, etc.

4. Turned naval combat into a boring fps / game of chicken, when beforehand it was quite complex and exciting.

5. Sent more player ships to freeport. Kept fewer people on the ocean.

This is my first season. These forums have always been negative which I feel is a shame, because Atlas is probably in my top 5 games in the past 20 years.  Coming from 1600 hours on Ark, there are a lot of design choices to appreciate.  BUT ... this patch was poorly thought out, poorly tested, and poorly implemented.  (Warehouses included.  Farmhouses are fine.)The smartest thing the devs could do is roll back, and then schedule a conference with the original development team.

• Like 2

Barrel bombs have been an issue for as long as i can remember.  The community has pleaded to you guys to nerf them, and even remove them from the game.   Instead they have been buffed.  Able to toss them from a glider.  Shoot them out of cannons and catapults.  Being able to shoot them from the back of a horse.  

PvP is dead in atlas now.  Boat pvp is done, there is no longer any reason to have a BP'd ship anymore since a common ship with barrels will just 1 shot your planks.  Land PvP has just devolved into who can drop more barrels.   Tames get 1 shot.  Players get 1 shot. Bases get ripped apart by naked's on gliders.   

Bottom line.  The game is not fun anymore.  LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY PLEASE! There will be no future for Atlas if these recent changes arent reverted quickly.  Just completely remove barrels please.  Let the players have some fun and actually engage in battles.   

One shotting someone with a barrel is not fun.  Its not a battle.  Its not PvP.  It doesn't get the heart racing.  There is no skill involved.  It's not fun.    

• Like 3

Barrel bombs were able to fired from cannons like a season or two ago, and even then it was a bad idea and was disabled. What has changed all of a sudden that made the Dev's think this failed PvP mechanism was gonna work? I don't remember anywhere on this site, Reddit or your Discord that anyone lobbied for this to be a thing. How about optimizing the game. How about adding more ship classes.........

• Like 1

Yes Atlas is a very great game and it's so easy to get past 1000hours in there learning new things every day. But the frustration to play this game is very much as well. The game makes fun but it is work after work that you think to often about do i really want to "play" this today? But you must to compete and stay alive. There is no chance of taking a break. And in the end you ask yourself for what do i play? The harbor you build gets crashed by some enemy galys and 1000 torpedos. The Base you build on the highest mountain gets wiped by barrels or grenades from some guys sitting on an other climbing up and all your ships are gone again and again and again. And You know it.... 80% do not sink in a seafight. You farmed 50k gold a week to pay your  NPCs on puckles and ships and  just 10-15guys with 3 horses can wipe all this in two hours. The only time i really enjoyed this game was in my holidays when i had time to play the hole day to feel some kind of i can protect this.

With barrels and the map like it is now the game will not get any new PvP Players to stay in it other than playing the freeport life.

• Like 1