Jump to content

ATLAS

8/14/2020 Hotfix

Recommended Posts

Pathfinders,
We hear your concerns about the Explosive Barrel changes. We’re introducing some server side fixes to help balance the issues that we can now. We will continue to look at and address further issues into the next week. We will not be rolling back servers at this time.

Please find the patch notes for tonight's hotfix below:

  • Catapult reload time for explosive barrels increased significantly  (Reload time may not match animation until next major patch)
  • Fixed bug where NPCs were spawning with Puckles
  • Fixed bug where explosive barrels would drop instantly when thrown while on a ship
  • Temporary Fix: Made explosive barrels get destroyed when thrown onto a ship until we can completely address bugs with intended functionality
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

what about the bug with the gold being use up like theres no tomorrow

a island that cost 1000 Gold a day with crew are now more like 10000 a day atm after the 409.1 update

 

Edited by oCOMM4NDOo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you fix Ships of the Damned being completey broke ?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They didnt listen to anyone.. literally roll back the server! This barrels being shot out of anything is insane and will ruin this game. Start LISTENING!

  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol its pretty obvious they have never played the game and are just making random changes.

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ahoy, 

Please fix the warehouses, in my opinion it is far more important than any changes to explosive barrels.  From what players are experiencing the best course of action would probably be to have the structure placement parameters something very similar to the crew silo, one per island per company. Please start paying more attention to the pve aspects and less on the pvp. 

Edited by EDGE EXILEDWATERS
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree Atlas devs..roll your shit back and get the game back to where it's not completely busted..then move forward 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

get rid of Explosive Barrel fired off of ships way too much damage of a shot gun schooner.... I would say leave it on the bear cannon but i bet they cannt change how the cannons are loaded on different placements

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have concerns as does every single other player. First off, there are loads of people that enjoy land pvp, so please don’t try to abolish that or make it more difficult. I realize your goal is to get more ships on the Sea and more ship battles and I think the farmhouse was a great help to that goal. A very nice addition that was reasonably balanced. But does it really need to be expanded on with warehouses?  And then the barrel bomb issue which has concerned most, what reason is there to change the barrels in the first place? Let alone make them 10x more dangerous and applicable. I’ve heard several people say if they may quit after this update, and I myself have questioned my motive to keep playing. Balance is key, and the scales seem to be tipped against all players. Please take into consideration the opinions of those in this chat and the rest of the player base. The true loyal player base of this game really do love the game. We all want it to grow and expand, but worry that it may change for the worse. Never less we appreciate the time and effort that the team puts into the game. Just don’t forget about us. 
 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No point in playing when devs dont take any feedbacks from their player, this whole barrel update is wrong in every way, and they are to stubborn to remove it. No one wants the barrels ingame, we asked for them to be removed, you guys give it 100 times more use. 

 

Rollback the servers and forget this update ever existed, and please never ever let a idea like this get into your head again, this update made your playerbase drop signifily, whoever came up with this idea should never get a vote of anything ever again

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reeking cannonbait said:

an on screen in game message would have been fantastic bet my ship is sunk when i get back in by sods.....thanks for that 

From what I'm seeing the SotD are broken anyway and possibly won't attack you or anyone else at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Many SotDs are broken, Appear, stasis, disappear. But have u played it since yesterday @Bluestone? There are many SotD actice too. The lvl 56 galleon, that almost sink my brig yesterday was real and active. And when there would have been an unmassaged update and a login close to this ship or the other groups of schooner and brigs i saw and fought yesterday. it would have been sunk. So dont say, they are all broken and wont attack anyone.

 

Edited by Secochan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope I'm done, good luck to you all. Another long break for me again to focus on other games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EDGE EXILEDWATERS said:

Ahoy, 

Please fix the warehouses, in my opinion it is far more important than any changes to explosive barrels.  From what players are experiencing the best course of action would probably be to have the structure placement parameters something very similar to the crew silo, one per island per company. Please start paying more attention to the pve aspects and less on the pvp. 

I agree. FIX the WAREHOUSES please.
1 warehouse per company and per grid/island. 
So many of us can not place a warehouse at all...some islands can only fit 1 so the guy who placed his first gets it and no one else.
THIS is simply just wrong!
Also, it will take a day for you to fix spawns! iF IT LOOKS LIKE A STRAWBERRY, MAKE IT A STRAWBERRY!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oCOMM4NDOo said:

what about the bug with the gold being use up like theres no tomorrow

a island that cost 1000 Gold a day with crew are now more like 10000 a day atm after the 409.1 update

Not fixed

3 hours ago, Jeheil said:

Did you fix Ships of the Damned being completey broke ?

No

3 hours ago, redbillieTTV said:

So you don't think you should fix us not being able to purchase npc's?

No

3 hours ago, Melo6783 said:

They didnt listen to anyone.. literally roll back the server! This barrels being shot out of anything is insane and will ruin this game. Start LISTENING!

No

3 hours ago, Pant said:

Lol its pretty obvious they have never played the game and are just making random changes.

Yes

3 hours ago, EDGE EXILEDWATERS said:

Ahoy, 

Please fix the warehouses, in my opinion it is far more important than any changes to explosive barrels.  From what players are experiencing the best course of action would probably be to have the structure placement parameters something very similar to the crew silo, one per island per company. Please start paying more attention to the pve aspects and less on the pvp. 

No

3 hours ago, I3lack I3eard said:

I agree Atlas devs..roll your shit back and get the game back to where it's not completely busted..then move forward 

No

3 hours ago, Lord Mayson said:

get rid of Explosive Barrel fired off of ships way too much damage of a shot gun schooner.... I would say leave it on the bear cannon but i bet they cannt change how the cannons are loaded on different placements

No

3 hours ago, Reeking cannonbait said:

an on screen in game message would have been fantastic bet my ship is sunk when i get back in by sods.....thanks for that 

No

3 hours ago, Concerned hardcore player said:

I have concerns as does every single other player. First off, there are loads of people that enjoy land pvp, so please don’t try to abolish that or make it more difficult. I realize your goal is to get more ships on the Sea and more ship battles and I think the farmhouse was a great help to that goal. A very nice addition that was reasonably balanced. But does it really need to be expanded on with warehouses?  And then the barrel bomb issue which has concerned most, what reason is there to change the barrels in the first place? Let alone make them 10x more dangerous and applicable. I’ve heard several people say if they may quit after this update, and I myself have questioned my motive to keep playing. Balance is key, and the scales seem to be tipped against all players. Please take into consideration the opinions of those in this chat and the rest of the player base. The true loyal player base of this game really do love the game. We all want it to grow and expand, but worry that it may change for the worse. Never less we appreciate the time and effort that the team puts into the game. Just don’t forget about us. 

TLDR

2 hours ago, Bluestone said:

From what I'm seeing the SotD are broken anyway and possibly won't attack you or anyone else at all.

No

2 hours ago, Secochan said:

Many SotDs are broken, Appear, stasis, disappear. But have u played it since yesterday @Bluestone? There are many SotD actice too. The lvl 56 galleon, that almost sink my brig yesterday was real and active. And when there would have been an unmassaged update and a login close to this ship or the other groups of schooner and brigs i saw and fought yesterday. it would have been sunk. So dont say, they are all broken and wont attack anyone.

Yes

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

Nope I'm done, good luck to you all. Another long break for me again to focus on other games.

Please Enjoy

21 minutes ago, Nutty Grandad said:

I agree. FIX the WAREHOUSES please.
1 warehouse per company and per grid/island. 
So many of us can not place a warehouse at all...some islands can only fit 1 so the guy who placed his first gets it and no one else.
THIS is simply just wrong!
Also, it will take a day for you to fix spawns! iF IT LOOKS LIKE A STRAWBERRY, MAKE IT A STRAWBERRY!

No

 

Keep up the great work devs, we can really tell you're listening.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chillmatic Airwaves said:

Not fixed

No

No

No

Yes

No

No

No

No

TLDR

No

Yes

Please Enjoy

No

 

Keep up the great work devs, we can really tell you're listening.

Will do, many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ATLAS said:

Pathfinders,
We hear your concerns about the Explosive Barrel changes. We’re introducing some server side fixes to help balance the issues that we can now. We will continue to look at and address further issues into the next week. We will not be rolling back servers at this time.

Please find the patch notes for tonight's hotfix below:

  • Catapult reload time for explosive barrels increased significantly  (Reload time may not match animation until next major patch)
  • Fixed bug where NPCs were spawning with Puckles
  • Fixed bug where explosive barrels would drop instantly when thrown while on a ship
  • Temporary Fix: Made explosive barrels get destroyed when thrown onto a ship until we can completely address bugs with intended functionality

this shows once more u have your priorities set so wrong its starting to look like a benny hill show., keep this up and u'll loose whatever player base u have left faster then the previous incompetent devteam. it also shows again that u have no clue about your own game because u don't play it yourself.

- fix your garbage servers, your game lives or dies with solid foundations, one of those foundations is are stable servers that doesn't become unplayable the moment it crosses 50 players. y're pushing sea play yet u cant even do sea play properly because of your garbage servers.

- fix the SOTD (no explanation needed) if u do see the tip at the bottom.

- Clean up lawless, allowing people to build sky scrapping pyramids or walls that donald trump even can dream off is what makes it impossible for even xbox players to login on there own base is a joke. (PvE C7 f.e) 

-U decided to reduce the map to 11x11 and put NA and EU together for , (whoever came up with that one should be fired on the spot) at least put a limit on islands owned per company to 1 so more people have a chance on there own island and not forced to live on lawless wich is resulting in lawless being unplayable and a mess.  having 1 island per company is more then enough. if they need resources or anything from other biomes they can sail for it,  helps achieve your agenda for more seaplay aswell 😉

-  fix your farmhouses/warehouses, even tho its ecstatically pleasing to look at they really don't do/add much other then being used as a griefing tool on pve. for island owners they only should be placable by themselves or allies., for lawless limit it to 2 per company. best is to get rid of both at all cuz they don't add anything to the game.

- lit a fire up those behinds who are your so called support ticket team, reports being closed instantly with solved without even being looked at is a joke.  remember, those reports are for u to make the game better!

-stop adding new stuff and fix the tons of issues first. with every update u do u breaking the game even more.

-  tip: make a character and start playing the  game so u get a feel about whats wrong with your own game. 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about the sotd that are bugged and wont despawn just sit there?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shoo72 said:

this shows once more u have your priorities set so wrong its starting to look like a benny hill show., keep this up and u'll loose whatever player base u have left faster then the previous incompetent devteam. it also shows again that u have no clue about your own game because u don't play it yourself.

- fix your garbage servers, your game lives or dies with solid foundations, one of those foundations is are stable servers that doesn't become unplayable the moment it crosses 50 players. y're pushing sea play yet u cant even do sea play properly because of your garbage servers.

- fix the SOTD (no explanation needed) if u do see the tip at the bottom.

- Clean up lawless, allowing people to build sky scrapping pyramids or walls that donald trump even can dream off is what makes it impossible for even xbox players to login on there own base is a joke. (PvE C7 f.e) 

-U decided to reduce the map to 11x11 and put NA and EU together for , (whoever came up with that one should be fired on the spot) at least put a limit on islands owned per company to 1 so more people have a chance on there own island and not forced to live on lawless wich is resulting in lawless being unplayable and a mess.  having 1 island per company is more then enough. if they need resources or anything from other biomes they can sail for it,  helps achieve your agenda for more seaplay aswell 😉

-  fix your farmhouses/warehouses, even tho its ecstatically pleasing to look at they really don't do/add much other then being used as a griefing tool on pve. for island owners they only should be placable by themselves or allies., for lawless limit it to 2 per company. best is to get rid of both at all cuz they don't add anything to the game.

- lit a fire up those behinds who are your so called support ticket team, reports being closed instantly with solved without even being looked at is a joke.  remember, those reports are for u to make the game better!

-stop adding new stuff and fix the tons of issues first. with every update u do u breaking the game even more.

-  tip: make a character and start playing the  game so u get a feel about whats wrong with your own game. 

 

 

Every thing they said I love this game but its getting unplayable!!!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

sometimes the Ship of the Damned are just standing around on the ocean and you can drive through them that's since patch v409.1 or v409.2 but there are also ghost ships that work properly is that a bug or is it because of my atlas? 

screenshot: https://ibb.co/qCMT3fw

 
Edited by Lenetwor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this a month and a half ago, but...

Quote

Feels like a last gasp before the strategy shifts to attrition and strangulation of the playerbase in preparation to shut down entirely. The last team seemed like they were more than willing to do so.

Here's hoping they prove my negative outlook wrong.

 

nTrFJjg.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shoo72 said:

this shows once more u have your priorities set so wrong its starting to look like a benny hill show., keep this up and u'll loose whatever player base u have left faster then the previous incompetent devteam. it also shows again that u have no clue about your own game because u don't play it yourself.

- fix your garbage servers, your game lives or dies with solid foundations, one of those foundations is are stable servers that doesn't become unplayable the moment it crosses 50 players. y're pushing sea play yet u cant even do sea play properly because of your garbage servers.

- fix the SOTD (no explanation needed) if u do see the tip at the bottom.

- Clean up lawless, allowing people to build sky scrapping pyramids or walls that donald trump even can dream off is what makes it impossible for even xbox players to login on there own base is a joke. (PvE C7 f.e) 

-U decided to reduce the map to 11x11 and put NA and EU together for , (whoever came up with that one should be fired on the spot) at least put a limit on islands owned per company to 1 so more people have a chance on there own island and not forced to live on lawless wich is resulting in lawless being unplayable and a mess.  having 1 island per company is more then enough. if they need resources or anything from other biomes they can sail for it,  helps achieve your agenda for more seaplay aswell 😉

-  fix your farmhouses/warehouses, even tho its ecstatically pleasing to look at they really don't do/add much other then being used as a griefing tool on pve. for island owners they only should be placable by themselves or allies., for lawless limit it to 2 per company. best is to get rid of both at all cuz they don't add anything to the game.

- lit a fire up those behinds who are your so called support ticket team, reports being closed instantly with solved without even being looked at is a joke.  remember, those reports are for u to make the game better!

-stop adding new stuff and fix the tons of issues first. with every update u do u breaking the game even more.

-  tip: make a character and start playing the  game so u get a feel about whats wrong with your own game. 

 

 

Couldn't agree more!!  I'm sick of losing tames while sailing because of the lag, I'm sick of foundation spam, I'm sick of trying to find a place to settle, everything you said in this post is the way most feel, and you're right, the devs don't bother to play to actually see the problems.  This game has potential that they are just throwing it  away. What small player base they have they will lose and the game will die if they don't fix the freaking problems with the game, to do that, they need to listen to the players, play the game themselves and see for themselves how hard it is to lose so much time invested in taming and building, the other day, we were sailing our ships to another region and the boats were going under the water and coming back up above the water, constantly!  When we zone in from another zone, the tames will be behind the boats in mid air above the water and you have to stop the boat and let them catch up. Also Sotd's weren't even responding yesterday, and make a better system for sailing, like it's so frustrating trying to sail and no wind, afk sailing isn't fun!   Please please please fix the issues that are there and have been there for over a year now before adding more stuff! New stuff is nice but damn fix the problems first then add new stuff!  The dev team needs to really pay attention to the above player, put more into your servers, they're bad, they're laggy and glitchy, fix the problems, and be more serious about making the game better.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...