Sign in to follow this  
MightyMonte88

Warehouse is a fail?

I know it was just released but it is totally broken, it doesn't work at all. This kinda feels like the icing on the sheet cake, being that you're giving us bogus content updates, mixed with nerfs, and you all continuing to turn the ultimate blind eye to the MASSIVE, and i mean, MASSIVE, amount of bugs that have been left completely unchecked.

In fact, the only notable bug fix you've actually put out recently, has been the "fix" for dupping barrels, and even that was a outright bandaid. Barrels just simply despawn when you enter water while carrying, like really? That's a 0 effort fix, a bandaid.

Also, the game will still freeze up to the point, that you have to open another desktop to get the task manager open to force close the game, while attempting to place a large wall, or gate, and allowing the silhouette to clip ONTO a ramp/roof. This is just one of so, so many. Galleons can still become perma-anchored if you DC while operating them in water that is just barley deep enough not to be able to anchor. Both of these glitches have been around since winter of 2018,  is the dev team behind this game really this bad??

Edited by MightyMonte88

I think it would be a big improvement if they got rid of the "fuel" requirements altogether and still allow random people to turn them off and popcorn their inventories so it requires management. This would open up farmhouses in areas that dont have trees as well as allowing the warehouse to gather wood and thatch which is HUGE!!!

I recon they should just bin it all. Its a lot of hassle.

Delete windmills altogether or incorporate the two together into 1 building. Just have 1 building that passively collects all the resources available on that island up to X amount. It will save windmill spam because people just place more windmills in different areas to collect those resources they are missing.

If you placed 1 warehouse then job done. Everyone only needs 1 and there will be no mass spamming all over the island.

I get what they are trying to do but its not compatible with the islands or how resources work. Its just encouraged land grabbing etc.

IMO the warehouses are an epic fail, and the farmhouses need to be fixed immediately!

1.  The warehouses are way too large of a building
2.  Warehouses can only be placed along the shores, so many of the farmhouses can’t be harvested by the warehouses
3.  There is such a huge radius between allowed warehouses (no matter who owns them) that only 1-5 farmhouses will be possible per island.  This is already causing major conflict between settlers and owners.
4.  Warehouses don’t collect any wood or thatch from the farmhouses, but they need wood and thatch to run on.  This means they require so much maintenance that they really don’t give much benefit.  I’m just fine with getting the resources from my farmhouses as it’s less time consuming.
5.  Warehouses should be a smaller building and act similar to crew resource silos – one per company per island , and no radius restrictions to other warehouses
6.  The change to the farmhouses where you can only withdraw one stack at a time needs to be reversed immediately!!!!!! I used to be able to empty my farmhouses quickly, but now it takes forever.  Quite frankly it might even be faster to go back to the old way and collect resources with animals!!!  This is a change that would make me consider quitting the game.

Devs, you may want to consider getting a small focus group of players and running prospective changes by them to get their opinions.  Any one of the players could have written what I did above as 90%+ feel the same way, and you could avoid major disappointments to players by doing this.  I’ll volunteer to be the first member of the focus group.

Also why is there a 50k weight limit when a tiny resource chest next to it is infinite?

1 hour ago, Manga said:

4.  Warehouses don’t collect any wood or thatch from the farmhouses, but they need wood and thatch to run on.  This means they require so much maintenance that they really don’t give much benefit.  I’m just fine with getting the resources from my farmhouses as it’s less time consuming.

WTF?  Did they seriously do this - the whole point of warehouses was get rid of the cargo train but to make them require manual fuel they made it so they do not collect their fuel unlike windmills that do?    Thatch and Wood is most needed for repair and build resources yet they are not including them in warehouses?  So you still need to go to the damn windmill to get the wood and thatch even though the invisible NPC already went there to get the other resources?

1 hour ago, Manga said:

6.  The change to the farmhouses where you can only withdraw one stack at a time needs to be reversed immediately!!!!!! I used to be able to empty my farmhouses quickly, but now it takes forever.  Quite frankly it might even be faster to go back to the old way and collect resources with animals!!!  This is a change that would make me consider quitting the game.

They misread my enhancement request for all infinite stack storage which includes ship boxes.  What I wanted was click gets one stack rather than one item, wheres T still gets all you can carry.

They contradict themselves, they've said "we want to move away from land based content and move onto the sea" yet they are giving us more buildings for land and automated resources. I thought Jat and Dollie were bad but this lot, whole new level.

The farmhouse does the same job as a warehouse could do but they've got 2 separate buildings, they must be paid peanuts to be working there.

3 hours ago, DannyUK said:

They contradict themselves, they've said "we want to move away from land based content and move onto the sea" yet they are giving us more buildings for land and automated resources. I thought Jat and Dollie were bad but this lot, whole new level.

The farmhouse does the same job as a warehouse could do but they've got 2 separate buildings, they must be paid peanuts to be working there.

To be fair that is exactly what automating the land functions are doing, gets players to spend more time on the sea.  They certainly was not going to delete the islands to do this.

Edited by krazmuze

Surely the island owners who are able to put these down have more than enough wood to fuel their warehouses. They’ve spammed the island with farmhouses now they are complaining about putting wood into a building. What more do you want? Self built boats? Automated ship sailing? 

6 hours ago, Voromja said:

Surely the island owners who are able to put these down have more than enough wood to fuel their warehouses. They’ve spammed the island with farmhouses now they are complaining about putting wood into a building. What more do you want? Self built boats? Automated ship sailing? 

You misunderstand what they complain about.   It is that the warehouse whose entire point for existing was indeed to eliminate the need for cargo beasts to run around and collect things from windmills does not collect wood/thatch that it needs for fuel - even though the windmills are self-fueling.   This means that you need to go collect wood/thatch from your windmills to keep your warehouse running.   Which defeats the entire purpose for the warehouse even existing, which was collecting from windmills.    Like it or not the intent of these changes is to automate land functions (gathering/taming) so that people spend more time at sea, and the complaint is that the warehouses which are intended to do that very thing, are not actually going to accomplish that.     

You are much better off putting a ship storage box at your windmills, making your rounds and dropping what you do not need right then into the ship storage box.  Yes you then have to go out to the windmill when you do need that stuff later, but that is not any different than having to go out to windmill to gather the thatch/wood to get the fuel to run the warehouse.  It is actually a better solution because the ship storage boxes are bottomless, and you go to the windmills only when you need it and not when the warehouse needs it.

It is so badly implemented it clearly was some junior programmer that had made the warehouses pull wood/thatch then QA said hey my windmills stopped for no fuel.   Rather than think about it for a second and make a change to not pull all the fuel from the windmills and just leave some to keep the network runnning, the stoopid programmer just said I will fix it by not pulling fuel.  It smacks of a serious lack of design forethought.

Edited by krazmuze
  • Like 2

Farmhouses and warehouses are fine if they actually make it work. I think assigning crew to increase their gathering speed would add another gold sink and it makes sense. Weight needs an increase also. My main issue is that the warehouse I placed dosent even work to begin with so what's the point.  The building does look well made though I like the art. 

Edited by Sancticus

get this... placed a warehouse down last night. came back this morning and had resources growing all through it and looked like shit so i demo'd it and build a floor for it. tried to place back down and it wouldn't snap to floor, at all. destroyed floor and tried to replace in it's original place... despite the blue highlight i get Warehouses in area 1/1 when i try to place... again, this is with a blue structure outline with no conflicts. so i try moving down the beach 50m, 100m, 200m away and still the same 1/1 warehouses conflict.

so how the hell was someone able to place their warehouse down near mine but i am not able to place mine down back in it's original location or anywhere near the area despite not having any conflicts. and no, it's not because they put it down in the 10 minutes i had mine up because i would see a red structure highlight. 

Yet again it looks like there is no-one in the Dev team who has ever played any Multiplayer game or roleplaying type game. (they certainly haven't played Atlas)

Instead of making the game playable and fixing the following:

the terrible lag issues on most zones,

the graphics glitches,

lack of stability when sailing with cargo'd Tames,

lack of stability when transiting zones,

the lack of any product support, 

the solidity of the base building blocks (I hate spawning inside a floor block and having to free all the chickens and sheep which have sunk into the floor 

the rubber-banding at sea and land,

The lack of pirate feel to the whole package, since being packaged into such a small world. I cant imagine any hidden pirate base being on island so overpopulated they make Mumbai slums look like millionaires row.

They introduce Farms and Warehouses, without any real consideration of how. 

Both Farm houses and Warehouses have their place in the game. But, to effectively restrict the use of warehouses to the few players who don't have employment and can download and log on first after the patch release, seems to be a terribly short sighted strategy. Lets be honest, unless it is changed they may as well not exist in the game for the majority of players. By making the area restriction so large, all the Devs have done, is caused the majority of players to be, yet again, disappointed.

Just like island ownership and the end game quests this is probably another part of the game the employed and those who don't want to be in a large guild will never experience.  

Well done Atlas team for trying but please employ someone with gaming experience or try making a toon yourselves and run around for a bit (you will never find anywhere to build a ship so you wont be sailing) you never know it may give you the incentive to fix something.  

3 hours ago, Meerkat said:

get this... placed a warehouse down last night. came back this morning and had resources growing all through it and looked like shit so i demo'd it and build a floor for it. tried to place back down and it wouldn't snap to floor, at all. destroyed floor and tried to replace in it's original place... despite the blue highlight i get Warehouses in area 1/1 when i try to place... again, this is with a blue structure outline with no conflicts. so i try moving down the beach 50m, 100m, 200m away and still the same 1/1 warehouses conflict.

so how the hell was someone able to place their warehouse down near mine but i am not able to place mine down back in it's original location or anywhere near the area despite not having any conflicts. and no, it's not because they put it down in the 10 minutes i had mine up because i would see a red structure highlight. 

Exactly, that's what happened to me. You've removed it and someone else has placed one down somewhere, the area of the warehouse is that large that it's literally 1 per island. I have the exact same problem, gave up with it though, time for another long break from the game.

• Like 1

it doesn't make sense that the range limitation is so large and needs to be near the coast, warehouses don't do anything but gather from YOUR farmhouses and your farmhouses already have a range limitation. this seems like a quality of life addition that's turned into a big headache. here are my suggestions in balancing farmhouses/warehouses...

nerf the collection rate of farmhouses (again) - should be a slow resource gain over time (with a range limitation) so you aren't killing tames all together

remove the building limitations on warehouses so you can actually use them near your base - actually make them a QOL structure that compliment farmhouses

And here we are, days later with not even a mention of a hotfix. I think i'll be taking a break from this game again for the last time, cheers.

I just wonder - do they have any statistic? Do they have any admins on the servers? Do they see, that only one player per island built his warehouses and other players for some reason don't do that? Do they even ask themselves what the reason so all warehouses are that unpopular?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George Catcher said:

I just wonder - do they have any statistic? Do they have any admins on the servers? Do they see, that only one player per island built his warehouses and other players for some reason don't do that? Do they even ask themselves what the reason so all warehouses are that unpopular?

You would think some of them actually play the game and get a feel for it themselves, I know I would if I was working on the game. I'd want to know first hand what these problems are. The guy next to me must have stayed up until the minute the server went live again because he is the only one who has a warehouse on my island, quick I will give him that.

You would think some of them actually play the game

It's funny but I always see message: "Player 123 has joined the region". Wherever I go - this 123 guy is always there too! Maybe that's an admin?

10 hours ago, George Catcher said:

It's funny but I always see message: "Player 123 has joined the region". Wherever I go - this 123 guy is always there too! Maybe that's an admin?

We are 123 for tracking reasons, even in PVE many renamed their steam to it. Steam and the game doesnt really allow privacy.

Only pussies change thier names to 123. I know, it says a lot about the world, realizing how many people lack true grit. I leave mine as is, come at me or dont. It is a PvP game afterall.

10 hours ago, Kummba said:

We are 123 for tracking reasons, even in PVE many renamed their steam to it. Steam and the game doesnt really allow privacy.

Legit question, why do the rename in pve?

1 hour ago, Gindorf said:

Legit question, why do the rename in pve?

So people don't stalk them on steam and discord?

By the way Gin, did you get those pictures I sent you? Why don't you send any back?!  ROFL