ATLAS

Patch V409.1 - Warehouses Available Now!

For the love of the game make farmhouses collect all available resources on a island and limit to one per company per island.

They are littering every island in the game blocking others from building. I love the idea hate the litter.

the mechanics has been added and think everyone loves it but now they are just spam in my eyes. Since people are gonna litter islands with them just make it collect all resources from the island so they are not such an eyesore blocking you everything. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Reeking cannonbait
  • Like 2

I remember watching an episode of Kitchen Nightmares where Gordon Ramsay walks into the kitchen and the chef is boiling a burger patty. I had the same reaction when i read the barrel changes in this patch.

I honestly can't tell if these Devs are just dumb AF or trolling us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s a game. It is fantasy. Nothing about it is real. 

1 hour ago, Gomez Addams said:

Devs: We are going to examine the amount of fantasy in the game

History: During The Golden Age of piracy many pirates fought Hydras, Drakes, Gorgons, Dinosaurs, Krakens and various Damned Creatures while they built factories on various islands to help automate their ship construction. They also rode and tamed many animals. A common catchphrase was, “Argh, we pirates love farming” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, PiszkosFred said:

It should work like the Crew Silo: one per island per company and should collect resource from EVERY farmhouse on the island. Why?

First,  in PVE no more million bed+shipresbox+foundation trio around every farmhouse. In PVP, more valuable target to loot or guard, take care.

Second, if your warehouse stores your materials, you could craft your ship or ship parts faster and easier, so less time on insland more time on the ocean. Is that the goal, right? Spending time on the water, no on the land.

Three, no need manage the logistics of the materials from Farmhouse to your base.

If its too easy, then assign some pirate npc to the Warehouse, as workers/operators. Like the Thralls in Conan. For example, you needed one npc for one farmhouse/connection, two for collecting from two farm, etc. These npcs should assigned to the warehouses passivly (for example, you bring the npcs near the warehouse, then with the command wheel you should have "assign as operator to the warehouse" option, then the npc should "board" the house). Of course you need feed them and pay them like the other active npc.

Should work that way with farmhouses also, they spam the island me now blocking building and players. Now that it’s been added just make it collect all resources so we don’t have companies with 6 farmhouses on a island and people like me managed to find a spot that collects some wood berries and stone. Just dumb they are littering the severs. 

The warehouse radius is way to large. We have about 20+ farmhouses on our island from all kinds of clans but we have two warehouses. 1 of which is from a new person that moved in last week they just happened to be up when the patch dropped. I did a respec to make them and can;t place one. One warehouse literally covers more than half of our island and it is not a small island. Please adjust this. A radius of 100m would be better. Just make them twice the radius of farmhouses.

sooooooo?

just totally killed the game? 

one gally side of barrel bombs can level an entire base now? everyone duping NPCS from the puckles, NPCS costing a fortune every 2 hours. my defenses will be gone come combat timer drops.

GREAT UPDATE :/

This is getting worse.. some dude placed a warehouse In the middle of the island and it takes resources from everybody’s farmhouses.lol. You have to link it to OWNED farmhouses only. And distance between warehouses must be company only

gooood luck

• Haha 1

some dude placed a warehouse In the middle of the island and it takes resources from everybody’s farmhouses.lol.

I dunno why, but I feel so-o-o-o funny about all this mess with warehouses.

• Like 1

Jup, warehouses did not work.. but hey! Let’s add a automated dock and a rocket launcher!

23 minutes ago, ZimBack said:

but hey! Let’s add a automated dock

One that docks my boat for me? Im in!

Reality: ship docks, but the system doesnt get the water height right and either sends the ship to space, or the center of atlas...

Edited by Gindorf
  • Haha 2

The bad about whole situation - we still don't have any fixes. I mean usually it happens fast, especially with so many messages on all social media. I guess current team really have lack of resources.

Game Devs be like ... 

*makes world map so small that overcrowding is a problematic issue from day 1*

“we want to give players farmhouses and warehouses to make harvesting resources easier so that players could spend more time doing pirate stuff.

*makes placement restrictions so huge on farmhouses and warehouses that only a small fraction of players could use farmhouses, and a small fraction of farmhouse users could use the warehouses*

Seems like the biggest trolls in Atlas are the Devs 😅

Je suis sur le serveur pve en g6 et voilà impossible de placer un entrepôt il y en a 3 sur tout l ile et les autre ne peuvent pas les placer déjà que j ai eu du mal a trouver 1 emplacement pour y déposer une ferme car l ile en ai blindé vous devriez faire comme les silo 1 par ile et qui récolte la totalité des ferme 

Notes on the new Warehouse:

1 - The idea of putting a 2km range (or any one) did not work. This meant that, in the vast majority of islands in the game, only one or two tribes will be able to install it.

2 - If you go through problem number 1, you will see that your struggle was in vain, because, to solve the location of your installation, you will probably not be in the range of your own Farmhouses.

3 - Going beyond question 2, you will see that the Warehouse collects items much more slowly than your Farmhouse can produce, in addition to not collecting wood. That is, your Farmhouse will soon be full and shut down.

In summary, Warehouse has not solved the "tedious collection problem" of its Farmhouse resources. Not only that, it created another tedious problem of having to start connecting your Farmhouse and collecting the wood and thatch that was not collected. In addition, it created the work of taking the wood to the Warehouse, remembering that it is consuming a lot of wood, I spent 9 packs of 500 to collect the resource of only 2 Farmhouse and it was not completely enough.

Suggestions:

a) Allow a tribe to have a single Warehouse per island (completely forget about the idea of range, as it doesn't make any sense)

b) Do not modify the range of Farmhouses, this is not necessary to correct the problem and will create new ones, because if a farmhouse is demolished it will probably never be able to be replaced, given the large number of them. To resolve limit to a maximum of 5 Farmhouse per tribe per island

c) Connect all Farmhouses on the island, from the same tribe, with the limit proposed in item b.

d) Enable a resource selector from which items will be collected. Select the item to be used as fuel and define a minimum of this item, so the Warehouse can collect everything that is available in the Farmhouses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SargentoTainha said:

Notes on the new Warehouse:

1 - The idea of putting a 2km range (or any one) did not work. This meant that, in the vast majority of islands in the game, only one or two tribes will be able to install it.

2 - If you go through problem number 1, you will see that your struggle was in vain, because, to solve the location of your installation, you will probably not be in the range of your own Farmhouses.

3 - Going beyond question 2, you will see that the Warehouse collects items much more slowly than your Farmhouse can produce, in addition to not collecting wood. That is, your Farmhouse will soon be full and shut down.

In summary, Warehouse has not solved the "tedious collection problem" of its Farmhouse resources. Not only that, it created another tedious problem of having to start connecting your Farmhouse and collecting the wood and thatch that was not collected. In addition, it created the work of taking the wood to the Warehouse, remembering that it is consuming a lot of wood, I spent 9 packs of 500 to collect the resource of only 2 Farmhouse and it was not completely enough.

Suggestions:

a) Allow a tribe to have a single Warehouse per island (completely forget about the idea of range, as it doesn't make any sense)

b) Do not modify the range of Farmhouses, this is not necessary to correct the problem and will create new ones, because if a farmhouse is demolished it will probably never be able to be replaced, given the large number of them. To resolve limit to a maximum of 5 Farmhouse per tribe per island

c) Connect all Farmhouses on the island, from the same tribe, with the limit proposed in item b.

d) Enable a resource selector from which items will be collected. Select the item to be used as fuel and define a minimum of this item, so the Warehouse can collect everything that is available in the Farmhouses.

This is a great outline of how this should work. I hope the devs see this. I cant use warehouse currently because well others have them. the above is pretty perfect overall. 

• Like 1

Noticed that wood and thatch are not being collected in warehouse. And yes limit 1 per company per island. Also island owners are being real jerks and dont want over crowded. Need to rethink the small map with less islands. Too many players not enough room.

2 minutes ago, drewbee2383 said:

Noticed that wood and thatch are not being collected in warehouse.

Yes the notes specifically say the warehouse won't remove those fuel sources from farmhouses.

Placed a warehouse and it dosent work . Connected to 5 farmhouses but harbors nothing. The fact that they cant collect wood and thatch defeats the whole purpose of the thing anyway.  

any news on when the green screen bed glitch will be fixed?? i have been waiting around 3 weeks for a reply from the dev's on it deleting my char.. just curious when you are going to be taking on community feedback instead of just implementing your new system?? The old Dev's did leave some room for improvement i agree.. but shouldn't long term old issues be main priority over new ways to be lazy?  

"Increased distance requirement between Farmhouse placement from 120m to 200m"

So, you guys did this could you please increase the gather radius? 

You nerfed the farmhouse.... it barely supplied enough resources at a decent rate to build a flippin schoony!, these devs start to make progress in the right direction to get more willing to play the game then its like they panick cause "oh no, building a decent ship is easier now" so they nerf it. What part of the fact that few players actually enjoy spending days / weeks building stuff just to have it wrecked in seconds either by npcs or players do you "NOT" understand! I guess the game is just an other sad title that had potential but thanks to the blundering of the people making it is a bust.

О каком реализме ты говоришь ?? Где вы видели сами фабрики, которые собирают деревья, камни, металл и в то же время упаковывают и каким-то волшебным образом отправляют пакеты на склад ?? Что вы там курите администраторы ?? НЕ трогайте существующий контент, а развивайте существующий !!! Игра заявлена как MMO-песочница !!!

Edited by Vill777

Фэнтези составляющая в Атлас это главное, что привело сюда многих и продолжает удерживать в игре! Не убивай, а совершенствуйся и развивайся дальше в этом стиле! Добавляйте квесты, NPC, добавьте более сильную и разнообразную систему крафта! Дарите подводное содержание! Есть куда переехать !!!

Edited by Vill777
  • Thanks 1