Methode

Unplayable for small Tribe

Unplayable for small Tribe

We are a small team (7 players) and we can't play because we can't challenge the islands all occupied by the big teams. Isn't it possible to create small islands only for companies with less than 10 players? They could be raided by all companies but not occupied by teams above 10 players.
Or we could create flags for small tribes to be placed in low less that would allow us to protect a small defined area.

In low less we can't leave our boats, otherwise we will see them sinking while we are not playing. And staying in freeport is no fun for us or others.

Reducing the number of players per team and the number of possible alliances could also be interesting. There would probably be more wars instead of big full-player alliances.

My English is bad, so I apologize for that bad translator....

• Like 1

you're right !

1 tribe = 1 island, it should be like this.

Big tribes keep 2 or 3 island for nothing. Since farmhouse update, it's completly useless to keep them,but they do.

Small tribes are forced to play in Law Less, without being able to capitalize or reinforce to take an island, it is a viscious circle.

That's make this game completly unplayable and infuriating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey if your Company needs an island to settle on we have a couple near us that are free. If you're interested add me on steam - https://steamcommunity.com/id/GreasyRat/

• Thanks 1

unfortunately this game is not made for the small tribe. Unless its a small tribe filled with no lifers. But, there is always Freeport and you can annoy the hell out of those megas that hold the islands. Not like they can harbor run ya in FP..........................

The devs added a "new" map. The islands claimable are much less and their quality is nerfed very much. Most islands are that small you can't build a harbor. Also they have probably 2 resources less compared to the same island last season. For example my island is missing crystal and coal… but coal is there but it just give you stone^^ 

So what did the devs wanted to achieve? They want combat in the center of the map in the golden ages. But they did not correct the broken loot from the season 3 change = you don't find good sails and only low medium planks but better gun ports etc. […] So your reward for going golden Age to grind is less while your chance is high to be sunk.

Also they make the lawless islands more attractive as they are larger and have more resources. But if you play there you have 24h PvP = no safe time without grifing. As everybody say ships and bases are not safe there at all. Even for megas. So you have the claimable grids with reduced islands…. some only have 1 island…. and the quality of this most islands is not good for PvP. No Bay for harbor, no pillar for base,... 

And than a mega has to claim the other islands. Why? Because enemy could build there glider tower and barrel you. Well now they just need one horse and a raft to barrel you. So everybody is spamming fences to avoid enemy can build on their island which allows enemy to build glider or canon/mortar towers. Underwater FOBs are very common.

This game is not about raiding somebody for loot but only for the sake of destoying the enemy.(BPs will be dropped if the base gets overruned) If you are less than 10 players you spend month on building base and harbor to get to the point you can build mystical ships yourself. But you have to be lucky that you don't get attacked during that. Well with Season 3 map it was possible.

• Like 1

I'm not so dramatic as to say its unplayable. I play it almost every day. 

However I much preferred the old map. One of the most appealing aspects to me was the vastness of the map.

• Like 1

lawless needs to go in the lawless area they should go back to season one claims so we all can have a bit of fun there while still having a home base island claimed further away. 

Here we play on the pvp server The Shark's Frenzy, we are 5 players between lvl 50 to 60 and we have just been wiped by the Black Maiden big team with lvl 100+ players in low less. If still it was small team that attacked us.... 
Well we leave the game....

Good game and good luck to you.

Edited by Methode

The answer is be a settler. There are a quite a lot of companies that accept settlers, and is a nice way to play like small company

Coming from a somewhat large company, there are many ways small companies have made huge thorns in our side. There is many strategies for them to stay alive important loot intact but the simple big fort and surround it option mega tribes do is not the way to do it for EVERYONE. Small companies have more freedom in that sense I think, multiple outposts and shared islands, build hidden, out of sight, multiple outposts again. 

Lastly, if you want it simple just find a big tribe to take you on their island, they should protect it and you if they are decent.

Hey come all and live in my house.

You are safe and protected there.

Until i unilaterally decide to murder you in your sleep.

You can do whatever you like.

As long as you ask for my permission first.

And i don't decide to revert everything you did.

And if you pay some rent.

And you don't mess with anybody i like. Which may change at any moment without further notice.

Or you befriend anyone that i am on bad terms with. Which may change at any moment without further notice.

You can eat everything that's in my fridge.

As long as i don't need it. Or it is one of my favorites.

So you better not rely on it as an available source of food.

In return, i only ask that you refer to me by the term "master".

Edited by user1

Finally, if the number of players and alliances per company could be reduced, there would be more teams, which would make the game more active in the wars, trade and diplomacy. 

You don't leave the game on the spur of the moment. We've been going through this for a while now, but we're tired of having our bases or ships opened without being able to defend them, even if they're still consumable. 
Being raided when you're there to defend yourself is great fun, doing naval combat and then doing gluglu is great.
But when you're off it's sad....
And I think that we should not be the only ones to leave the game given the number of ships sunk in freeport.

Colons we have already tried but you soon see the limit;

Island not adapted to protect your ships.
You cannot put up the defences of your choice, mortars.
After you have settled you are fired because the company requisitioned the island.

It's a pity this game has a lot of potential but is very badly exploited.

Sorry for my bad English. I use a translator.

Edited by Methode

On 9/1/2020 at 1:01 PM, Methode said:

And I think that we should not be the only ones to leave the game given the number of ships sunk in freeport.

Freeport living, on the way out. The devs have implied they will be doing more to discourage free port squatters. Good for them. I tried it and its an incredibly lame play style.

Living on lawless is easy for small groups. You just have to realize what your limits are. You certainly wont be keeping a ship, so schooners in a box are you friend. Before you log off, may as well give your ship to someone else and hope you make a fried that might not raid you.

And build, build, build. 99% of everything I build is decoy. That's right megas, you so strong, keep working on breaking in that tower, there's nothing in there.

Take you valuables, and hide em under the water, the deeper the safer.

And always remember, your gunna lose it all anyways, so better off stealing it than making it. 

The solution to such problems is: More Official Servers.

The solution to paying for such additional servers is: stop breaking the game with updates and, develop a proper cosmetic in-game merch revenue stream.

Or . . . play on an unofficial server . . .

• Thanks 1

Gotta Make the End game more attainable for Smaller companies. Megas get to 120 with in days, or hours, while the smaller guys can't. Maps are hard to come by since most of hte islands are pillared off. Hard Kraken and Yeti you need large groups to complete.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Strider said:

Gotta Make the End game more attainable for Smaller companies. Megas get to 120 with in days, or hours, while the smaller guys can't. Maps are hard to come by since most of hte islands are pillared off. Hard Kraken and Yeti you need large groups to complete.

Even worse is that you can only get large groups with your own mega tribe, because the one single kind of emergent gameplay that even exists in the game is the good old kill on sight.

There is nothing to be gained from not showing the utmost hostility to literally everyone who is not part of your own corp.

Not a single friendly encounter is to be expected, because ZERO incentive for that is given by the game.

Guest VirMortalis

I am not sure this is correct. I have been in a small tribe since arriving in game, we started on lawless but quickly started to sail out to try get an island.

You are right the bigger clans soon take them and defend them to the point you find it hard to get on land to settle.

But that said we did manage to find a clan that was willing for us to settle and set up island security and been co-existing ever since.

So yes a small tribe can do something if you are willing to compromise on expectations, we get to play our game the way we want and the island owners get to know their island is safe and looked after.

On 9/4/2020 at 3:54 PM, Guest VirMortalis said:

I am not sure this is correct. I have been in a small tribe since arriving in game, we started on lawless but quickly started to sail out to try get an island.

You are right the bigger clans soon take them and defend them to the point you find it hard to get on land to settle.

But that said we did manage to find a clan that was willing for us to settle and set up island security and been co-existing ever since.

So yes a small tribe can do something if you are willing to compromise on expectations, we get to play our game the way we want and the island owners get to know their island is safe and looked after.

That is nice, but it can still change at any time.

Because the megas don't rely on you.

If you decide to leave them, there is virtually zero drawback for them.

The one single thing that keeps them from raiding you is pure philantropy, not economic necessity.

If they would be on the brink of falling apart when all their tenants decide to leave, it would be a totally different story.

But smaller groups are systematically kept from having any kind of influence on the direction and/or outcome of this game.

7 active players is more then enough to snag a island. This game is about more then brute force pvp. Forge some allies learn the game if you are active and know what you are doing you vacancy be a island owner. 

Oh yes! There are so many small companies that have islands I don't even know why I started this topic.

Hell most of the time you can't get a chance to try to take over a island cause there are structures built around the flag stopping from contesting it and most of it is due to the pc players that due it rather it is in PvP or Pve so the game is a shit show worse then cancer cause no one can build anywhere the devs do not give a shit about the community all they care about is the money so on this matter I will be doing a stream on twitch about the state of the game . and warning people about this matter and also on everything else that needs fixed like the single player.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:01 PM, Acemac said:

Forge some allies

Get lost.

I do not want to forge some allies.

This goes only to prove that you can't do shit in this game when you are not the one with the larger number of players.

I do not want to be forced into desperately having to ally with virtually everyone just so i do not auto lose every single encounter.

I want to be part of a SMALL(!!!!!) group of skillful veterans and i want us to be able to sustain ourselves like that.

Nobody should be entitled to raze us at their discretion just because they are allied with more motherfuckers than we are.

This game is only for people who are absolutely incapable of achieving literally anything on their own and always rely on having 49 people at hand for whatever challenge may arise.

None of the devs ever had any idea about a perspective for smaller tribes, hence there is none.

We are meant to be cannon fodder by design, or lack thereof.

Edited by user1
  • Like 2

On 9/14/2020 at 6:27 AM, user1 said:

Get lost.

I do not want to forge some allies.

This goes only to prove that you can't do shit in this game when you are not the one with the larger number of players.

I do not want to be forced into desperately having to ally with virtually everyone just so i do not auto lose every single encounter.

I want to be part of a SMALL(!!!!!) group of skillful veterans and i want us to be able to sustain ourselves like that.

Nobody should be entitled to raze us at their discretion just because they are allied with more motherfuckers than we are.

This game is only for people who are absolutely incapable of achieving literally anything on their own and always rely on having 49 people at hand for whatever challenge may arise.

None of the devs ever had any idea about a perspective for smaller tribes, hence there is none.

We are meant to be cannon fodder by design, or lack thereof.

It does not sound like you want to play this game. 80% of this game revolves around a strong political presence. Maybe try a pve server that sounds like it is more your speed

On 9/15/2020 at 1:31 PM, Acemac said:

It does not sound like you want to play this game.

You are damn right i stopped playing this abysmal piece of shit game in early 2019.

80% of this game revolves around a strong political presence having more click-monkeys on your side.

There, fixed it for you.

Maybe try a pve server that sounds like it is more your speed

Maybe try doing something without hiding behind 49 other people for once.
The so called "PvP" in this game is made for weak idiots who excel in literally nothing but can get one man's job done by using 50 people to do it so that they can feel better about themselves.
Now return to the circle jerk that is your corp.