Sign in to follow this  
shinishini42

Claiming / Ship Decay - PVE

We have been trying to build a farmhouse and there was no space and no one had theirs unlocked near us. We noticed a dingy and a farmhouse belonging to a user we hadnt seen in game (same with the other inhabitants) and noticed they had a claim timer or 6 days. So we waited and today we were finally able to claim their farmhouse and delete it (to place ours closer to resources we need) but the dingy is still there with no timer or way to claim it. how do we get rid of it? Their name is Baneleon Waylander company ID# 436387193

Decay timers have always confused me. Pre last wipe we had a galleon outside our base for months.. easily over 40 days.

I read somewhere that by boarding the ship it resets its timer? Is that true? So by anyone coming along and boarding a ship it resets the timer and could be there indefinitely if enough people were being nosy. 

You will have to wait 2 weeks at least for the dingy to vanish I think, will be less now you have waiting for 6 days. I personally think the timers are bugged or broken for ships, I remember reading patch notes at the time and said 14 days but I also had 2 galleons in my base near end of wipe about year ago and I waited and waited but never vanished. Took just over around 4 weeks to vanish.

1 hour ago, Ghost Pirate LeChuck said:

Decay timers have always confused me. Pre last wipe we had a galleon outside our base for months.. easily over 40 days.

I read somewhere that by boarding the ship it resets its timer? Is that true? So by anyone coming along and boarding a ship it resets the timer and could be there indefinitely if enough people were being nosy. 

I believe so yes, I think this might have been part of my problem with galleons, I stepped on them occasionally not realising. I always thought you had to physically move the ship or at least interact with it like being on the wheel etc but yes I believe all you need to do is just be on it, anyone can do this.

There is a sign up on server I am on, ship been there ages and someone put a sign up "do not board ship to reset timer" 

A dinghy you say?  Easy fix for that.  Put a dinghy hangar on your own ship, but don't build a dinghy in it.  Sail close enough to their dinghy and use the hangar to retrieve their dinghy.  AFAIK dinghies don't obey the same decay timer as other boats, BUT they're the only ship in the game where you can take someone elses in PvE

source: Me - I've done this a few times where people have kindly left them in my shipyards

• Thanks 1