FatalCrazy

Situation PVE server !!!

What's happening? almost all servers with delay and a lot of lag. It's time to fixing it, PVE servers weren't that way. Why is this happening?

We have already sent tickets reporting the problem and nothing to fiz this problem lag.

See below, how is the servers, character goes back and forth from so much lag.

PvP servers no have  problem, while players server PVE  are giving up because nothing fix the LAG.

After the launch of the farm houses, the servers were horrible.

Edited by FatalCrazy
  • Like 1

Yeah this how it was in my I7 PVE for a weeks now. 

But yesterday I've entered the game to refill my food storages for crew and horse, and got smooth 40 ping and NO LAG at all. It felt strange : )

Edited by George Catcher

Imagine two massive continents, such as Europe and North America. Now put those two continents together... now half their living space. Voila.

It doesn't happen on PvP because they still have dedicated EU and NA servers. PvE is crammed in together. It's that guy walking around in trousers two sizes too small... 

Edited by Ghost Pirate LeChuck

The lag is horrendous and almost unplayable in many regions.  Free for all farmhouses...they're everywhere.  They should have the same rules applied to them as crew silos. One per tribe per island with a 7 day decay...speaking of decay, its so busted and this goes back a long time...why can't the devs address this?  A thatch foundation can be demolished BUT if someone places a storage box on it you get to wait over a month before you can destroy it. I'm not sure why the decay timers can't be fixed...this should include ships as well.  We have a Harbour full of abandoned ships...tickets in to devs, no response and ships sit here a month later. It wasn't so bad before they combined the pve servers because there was lots of space to build in lawless but now its frustrating and ruining the gameplay. 

• Like 2

They won't fix it either!  Because they have "future plans"!!! LOL  So nothing that is happening now they care about....only thing they care about is their "future plans".  But I will admit this....most of those "future plans" will seem to fix most of those problems we are seeing now....i.e.  new ship designs in the making.....new structures in the making....all these things sooner or later will reduce most of the lag due to less structure loads on pc/consoles therefore reducing lag.  Also.....one other big thing most of you all seem to have forgotten....their "future plans" of changing PVE into something else.  What would that be you ask?  Well I'm glad you did ask (LOL)....you've already heard it....merging Pvp with Pve!....most likely making some tiles on the map pve and some pvp.  So basically they are taking the ideas of private server stuff and implementing them.....now some of you will be like "NO they are not going to do that ever!".....WATCH....LOL   just wait and see....I'm betting that is what they will do.....will it be good, or bad?  I think it might be good over all in the long run.  Cuz just think of it like this....those players on PvE server that just seem to rub you the wrong way by spamming stupid traps all over the place because they have no clue how to tame yet......or those people that spam farmhouses every where cuz they "think they can" because placing it is what you do.  If that was on a pvp tile....you can take care of the problem yourself by wiping his base off the map!!!! Now wouldn't that be fun? LOL.  Just wait and see...then you all can come back here and give this a thumbs up 😛

38 minutes ago, warloki41 said:

They won't fix it either!  Because they have "future plans"!!! LOL  So nothing that is happening now they care about....only thing they care about is their "future plans".  But I will admit this....most of those "future plans" will seem to fix most of those problems we are seeing now....i.e.  new ship designs in the making.....new structures in the making....all these things sooner or later will reduce most of the lag due to less structure loads on pc/consoles therefore reducing lag.  Also.....one other big thing most of you all seem to have forgotten....their "future plans" of changing PVE into something else.  What would that be you ask?  Well I'm glad you did ask (LOL)....you've already heard it....merging Pvp with Pve!....most likely making some tiles on the map pve and some pvp.  So basically they are taking the ideas of private server stuff and implementing them.....now some of you will be like "NO they are not going to do that ever!".....WATCH....LOL   just wait and see....I'm betting that is what they will do.....will it be good, or bad?  I think it might be good over all in the long run.  Cuz just think of it like this....those players on PvE server that just seem to rub you the wrong way by spamming stupid traps all over the place because they have no clue how to tame yet......or those people that spam farmhouses every where cuz they "think they can" because placing it is what you do.  If that was on a pvp tile....you can take care of the problem yourself by wiping his base off the map!!!! Now wouldn't that be fun? LOL.  Just wait and see...then you all can come back here and give this a thumbs up 😛

PVE players choose this server precisely to build houses and creative buildings.
It's not like in PvP, nobody does it in PvP because they know it's going to be destroyed.

This game is a sandbox, people have free choice to do whatever they want on the map.
It is not the players' fault that the buildings overload the servers, but the developers come in to improve the graphics engine.

The PVE server has precisely this proposal, the problem of the game being poorly optimized, makes it overload the servers.

Do not blame guilds with large bases, if the game limits you to construction, today it already has a certain limit. But what is wrong is players encircling half an island with wide gates.

If the idea is to transform only into PvP in the future, expect to see results in the numbers of active players, which has already been falling. It's hard !!!

Edited by FatalCrazy

Shh shhh shhhhh ...dont fight it silly friendly pirates who cant pirate.

Devs, your doing great. Just wait a little longer for the bubbles to stop and we'll all be past this PvE nonsense once and for all.

34 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

we'll all be past this PvE nonsense once and for all.

Oh if only you realized how much pve is done on pvp servers...

If you want to get rid of pve, might as well switch this game over to a Pub-g w ships bc thays what youd basically have.

3 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Devs, your doing great. Just wait a little longer for the bubbles to stop and we'll all be past this PvE nonsense once and for all.

Pve nonsense eh? LOL   Your welcome to play blackwake buddy.  OH wait its a dead game, hmm imagine that.  Its almost like the market is SWAMPED with pvp trash games. 

Everyone was crazy over HUNT now its barely played. 

Last Oasis was a big HIT! for like 2 weeks LOL  community is barley there anymore. 

Just a couple of examples, hell I could go on there are so many DEAD pvp games.  

I mean look at ark.  Why do you think Ark is still popular as it is?  ROLFMAO do ya really think its because of the pvp community in ark?  Its the pve content and modded content ( all pve creatures and building blocks) That keeps people playing and using their  imagination.   

39 minutes ago, Zelloss said:

Pve nonsense eh? LOL   Your welcome to play blackwake buddy.  OH wait its a dead game, hmm imagine that.  Its almost like the market is SWAMPED with pvp trash games. 

Last Oasis was a big HIT! for like 2 weeks LOL  community is barley there anymore. 

I mean look at ark.  Why do you think Ark is still popular as it is?  ROLFMAO do ya really think its because of the pvp community in ark?  Its the pve content and modded content ( all pve creatures and building blocks) That keeps people playing and using their  imagination.   

Exactly, what is successful here at ATLAS, are creatures, fantasy style, pirate style all together.

Everyone is concerned with the success of the PVP, the number of players is higher in the PVE. Many players are stopping because, ARK style with pirate in ATLAS, is what really draws attention from this game.

I would pay for DLCs with skins for different boats to help with development. It can even be like in conan exilesm, skin for construction.

Nothing is defined yet, we don't know what the end game will be like, then they stop releasing new mounts. Many bugs from the beginning without fixing it, we are waiting anxiously, we know that perfection can be achieved over time.

My biggest concern is to change the essence of the game, today it is a pirate fantasy theme. If it starts to change that a lot, we can make it a pure pirate game looking like a battle royalle.

10 hours ago, FatalCrazy said:

Everyone is concerned with the success of the PVP, the number of players is higher in the PVE. Many players are stopping because, ARK style with pirate in ATLAS, is what really draws attention from this game.

Except the PvP servers have almost 3 times the amount of players the PvE server have...

Problem with mixing the islands with PVE and PvP  is the pvpers will live in the PVE areas to avoid getting destroyed. Again still the same as living in a Freeport but without the penalty of decreased decay making it even easier. 

If the maps do merge then I think when a company is created it’s set as either PvP or PVE. No changing. Not even for gold. Because once companies accumulate enough gold players will abuse the system to turn off PvP.  

I never played season 1 but from what I’ve seen that system would work a lot better. But make the radius either oblong or square and allow space for all buildings and shipyard placement. Only 1 area per company. One farmhouse per company and warehouse collects from all farmhouses on the island. If you decide to log off when visiting an island you can put your ship into a bottle for safe keeping. PvP currently is too restrictive. You can‘t venture for long distances because you have to park your ship somewhere safe so it doesn’t get destroyed whilst your offline. Chances are when you log back in your ship and everything on it has gone resulting in being stuck in one spot. Prison, springs to mind.

When designing a game you have to think how will a player abuse the game and work around it to avoid abuse.  

It is really difficult to recommend ATLAS, the game is very good, but as I invite some player to join my guild if the servers are with a lot of lag and some even unplayable.
It is very difficult to navigate in the sea, this situation has been going on for some time, this was not happening very often.

So far, developers have not manifested themselves in the face of the problem. More and more we lose players.
Respect our time, we know it is beta, but at the very least put the servers to work correctly for everyone.

PvP doesn't have the lag issue to this extent because there is a natural process of despawning bits of player-built structures: the PvP itself.

They destroy each others RP disney castles so the server does not lag out from having to deal with some bullshit 10 million piece care bear utopia.

If you want to get rid of the lag, here is what you do:

Randomly select and destroy pieces of your base until the lag is gone.

If you see some of those entitled, ignorant egocentrics who built themselves a bullshit 10 million piece care bear central, tell them that they are consuming all the server power that was meant to serve hundreds of other players for only themselves and their 10.000 worthless bears.

You can thank me later.

58 minutes ago, user1 said:

PvP doesn't have the lag issue to this extent because there is a natural process of despawning bits of player-built structures: the PvP itself.

They destroy each others RP disney castles so the server does not lag out from having to deal with some bullshit 10 million piece care bear utopia.

If you see some of those entitled, ignorant egocentrics who built themselves a bullshit 10 million piece care bear central, tell them that they are consuming all the server power that was meant to serve hundreds of other players for only themselves and their 10.000 worthless bears.

You can thank me later.

This, also, the Islands in the PvP servers aren't surrounded by a solid ring of indestructible Gallys, which ship structures ALSO contribute to the lag.

On 8/13/2020 at 11:50 AM, Zelloss said:

Yeah it’s funny how that guy was saying pve was for people that can’t pvp when in reality atlas in general is a place for people that can’t pvp well because this isn’t even real pvp to begin with.

2 hours ago, user1 said:

You can thank me later.

I thank you now, great post.
I was allways thinking its GS who reduced the HW of the servers the grids are running on, oh men how wrong i was.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kummba said:

I thank you now, great post.
I was allways thinking its GS who reduced the HW of the servers the grids are running on, oh men how wrong i was.

If a car manufacturer makes a new, smaller car, and you eat 200 double cheeseburgers with fries every day, the problem is not the car being too small. It is your ass being too fat.

So maybe the servers are weaker, but your frickin big ass disney castle never should have been built in the 1st place.

I agree that GS should have implemented a sensible building limit in accordance with the server power.

Your ridiculous abomination is not only slowing down the server, but also any client who has the misfortune of having to cross your grid.

You want enough server power to host a 10.000.000 piece barbie palace?

GET. YOUR. OWN. SERVER. THEN.

Edited by user1

20 hours ago, user1 said:

If a car manufacturer makes a new, smaller car, and you eat 200 double cheeseburgers with fries every day, the problem is not the car being too small. It is your ass being too fat.

So maybe the servers are weaker, but your frickin big ass disney castle never should have been built in the 1st place.

I agree that GS should have implemented a sensible building limit in accordance with the server power.

Your ridiculous abomination is not only slowing down the server, but also any client who has the misfortune of having to cross your grid.

You want enough server power to host a 10.000.000 piece barbie palace?

GET. YOUR. OWN. SERVER. THEN.

If i like my disney castle, how about you go single player if you dislike it.
If you dont like to play with other people, or only want them to play like you prefere it, maybe an MMO isnt your type of game.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Kummba said:

If i like my disney castle, how about you go single player if you dislike it.
If you dont like to play with other people, or only want them to play like you prefere it, maybe an MMO isnt your type of game.

I want other people to behave and not take more than the world can supply for.

We see the result of all those fools building all they want,and it is frikkin disney castles all over the place and in turn servers lagging like hell.

There is a certain threshold up until where everything stays manageable, but *some people* went way, way beyond that.

Those people clearly took more of the server resources than what they deserved.

And in order for the game to stay playable, they need to give some of it back, or contribute financially to upgrade the server network.

Your disney castle is not one bit different from all the foundation spamming.

Your totally unnecessary exaggeration of narcissistic boasting is giving everyone else a miserable experience.

So. If you want to terrorize other people and stop them from being able to properly enjoy their game, apparently this is exactly the right game for you.

Everyone else has to suffer just so that you get to show off your stupid disney castle, but evidently, that is a sacrifice you are willing to make, right?

Hey i have a suggestion for you: I come to your house and keep eating all of your food. If you run out of food, how about you move out if you dislike it?

Edited by user1

6 hours ago, user1 said:

I want other people to behave and not take more than the world can supply for.

We see the result of all those fools building all they want,and it is frikkin disney castles all over the place and in turn servers lagging like hell.

There is a certain threshold up until where everything stays manageable, but *some people* went way, way beyond that.

Those people clearly took more of the server resources than what they deserved.

And in order for the game to stay playable, they need to give some of it back, or contribute financially to upgrade the server network.

Your disney castle is not one bit different from all the foundation spamming.

Your totally unnecessary exaggeration of narcissistic boasting is giving everyone else a miserable experience.

So. If you want to terrorize other people and stop them from being able to properly enjoy their game, apparently this is exactly the right game for you.

Everyone else has to suffer just so that you get to show off your stupid disney castle, but evidently, that is a sacrifice you are willing to make, right?

Hey i have a suggestion for you: I come to your house and keep eating all of your food. If you run out of food, how about you move out if you dislike it?

Oh. You must be the New Guy. Welcome.

Every time we Had lag-free Servers they reduced the Server-capacity Further down so it was laggy again.

What makes you think, that they would Stop doing that before everyone has a shitty 4x4 with a bed and ressbox inside and it's still lagging?

Yeah, you are definitely New to this Game.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2020 at 12:06 PM, user1 said:

Then i call the police and you get arrested for theft.
What twisted brain you got 🤔

• Like 1

6 Years of thousands of people ask if ARK could be fixed.

This game is not even getting close to that amount.

Come back in 5 years, maybe it will be 10% better by then.

But if they keep on nonfixing bugs, even create more each patch, this will likely (like on ARK atm) never be fixed too.

TBH I think they know whats wrong and they just cant fix it.

Its too embedded in the game that to fix it would mean undoing too much work. They've built so much on top of existing bugs to the point they cant undo it.

I'm pretty sure the latest SOTD, Ship Frame Decay etc bugs that have shown up in the latest patch are all related but to fix them would mean a wipe or rolling back the servers which they cant do now as that window is well and truly gone.

I'd like to say it will be fixed and tbh it has to because the SOTD is game breaking. Was in Center Maw on Saturday night and they were EVERYWHERE!!

But probably going to have to wait for a wipe to see it. But then on the other hand, bugs from phase 1 are still present today so... who knows.