Sydhart

I'm sorry, but I'm done giving you chances

I've played from the beginning. I suffered through 3 seasons of doing the exact same crap over and over. We've begged for fixes and we've received some but now, a year and a half later and cobras still glitch through stone floors and walls and are able to kill tames.  This WAS fixed at one point but it's broken AGAIN! How the @#$%^ do you do that? 

A year and a half later and tames still glitch into walls and foundations and get stuck.

A year and a half later and tames still disappear off ships while sailing. 

A year and a half later and LAG is worse than it's ever been. 

A year and a half later and taming is worse than it's ever been. It was improved (feeding box was adjusted) but that was reversed? 

A year and a half later and there are MORE bugs than when the game was released.

A year and a half later and the Developers don't acknowledge their players concerns or wants and needs.

I'm a pretty easy going person but this game doesn't deserve any more chances. It's become apparent that they really don't give a shit about the community and at this point are just trying to make a few more bucks with Steam sales and hoping they can get a release to PS4. A roadmap was presented but just to placate and dangle out there to get more people to purchase. Nice bait and switch tactic.

I'm done. There was one employee that actually gave a damned from what I could tell so a big thanks to @Voodoo. The long standing PC community that built and bred and explored is really the only thing that made this game good so thanks to you guys as well for a semi-fun ride. But to the Developers, thanks for very little. 

20200811201536_1.thumb.jpg.4d633d6e507cabe59f6627929d0d859d.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

wait a minute...

you know for 1,5yrs about the noodles clipping through walls and killing tames... and yet you still build like it does not happen and being surprised that it STILL does...?

you know for 1,5yrs that the tames get dropped of the ships... and yet you not make a head count when you change servers...?

you know for 1,5yrs that walled-in-taming/obstructed glitches the animal and moves hit box AND that the animal is more aggressive against you when you made the damage in the first place...? 

this is like "Yeah, it says on the microwave to not dry my cat in it, but I still do and expect different results, because Karen!!!"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

This is like "Yeah, it says on the microwave to not dry my cat in it, but I still do and expect different results, because Karen!!!"

Besides his Mistakes he did, his critics are valid.

With the Last Wipe Atlas Made 2 Steps Back in Developement.

Bugs that have been fixed Long Time ago have been brought Back, but Hey we got a farmhouse...

I usually leave something on neutral inside the barn for such occasions. Usually its a horse wandering about or a seagull flying around the room but never know.

Always headcount.

And while your points are valid ones there's bigger problems with this game lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheepshooter said:

wait a minute...

you know for 1,5yrs about the noodles clipping through walls and killing tames... and yet you still build like it does not happen and being surprised that it STILL does...?

you know for 1,5yrs that the tames get dropped of the ships... and yet you not make a head count when you change servers...?

you know for 1,5yrs that walled-in-taming/obstructed glitches the animal and moves hit box AND that the animal is more aggressive against you when you made the damage in the first place...? 

this is like "Yeah, it says on the microwave to not dry my cat in it, but I still do and expect different results, because Karen!!!"

I don't know where you have been going for your microwaves but I suggest you go there no more.

• Haha 1

wait a minute...

Today i learned that the game breaking down because of critical software bugs is actually the user's fault for not working around them.

He did not put his cat in the microwave.

The microwave blew up and irradiated the whole neighborhood because of how shitty it was made, despite only being used as intended.

Do you seriously oppose the bugs being fixed in your overzealous white knight's crusade?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

wait a minute...

Apparently you missed this part?  "This WAS fixed at one point but it's broken AGAIN!" 

And WHY are there cobras in almost every single biome now anyways?  There shouldn't even be any in the my server. I mean, they are even in the cold zones now. Must be those new hot blooded cobras. What's next, murder bees?

1 hour ago, Sydhart said:

What's next, murder bees?

Too late man, those are alrdy all over the place XD

• Like 1

WOW...

Okay this stuff is DAM entertaining!!  New Dev team takes over and makes a "New World"..... 

All you guys did was "PRAISE THE DEVS"!  When there was a complete reversal of ALL the fixes the old Devs had completed.  For the first 2weeks you all STILL praised them for making changes when all they ever did was 3 fixes and NONE of it was an actual FIX!!!  Yet you ALL still praised them!  WHY???? I was dumfounded.....

For crying out loud the old Dev Team made in the first month almost daily fixes to the bugs that we found.....yet none of the "new Dev Team" has even dared attempt any fixes saying that more changes are in the future...<-----excuses!  I said from the first week that the new Dev Team was fu-barred!!!! But nooooo....you all said,  "Give them some time......give them a chance!"......ROFLMAO   HAH....now you all are seeing the light!  You were all blinded sheep being led by LIES! 

At least you all are finally seeing what REALLY is happening here......

bottom line....old dev team got fired due to lack of funds to pay them....New Dev Team comes in meaning they are not making that much money!  So you think they're gonna fix the bugs? Hell no!   They are just gonna keep making changes until the bugs disappear!  In the mean time this "Ship" is sinking!!  And if you believe that crap about "future plan" , then I guess your just gonna have to see for yourself once you get there!   I know how this is gonna go!  I'm 52 yrs old this year and have been playing online games since 1996.  I've seen this crap over and over and over....so I know what to expect!  But I do like this game atm....I will continue to play it till its gone or another game comes out that peaks my interest.  Till then......lets play!

On 8/12/2020 at 12:50 PM, user1 said:

The microwave blew up and irradiated the whole neighborhood because of how shitty it was made, despite only being used as intended.

And yet, knowing what would happen, he used it as "intended", expecting a different result... and got radiated as expected...

At this point everyone should have learned that there are bugs and they getting fixed is unlikely and that they are getting worse is more likely...

Yeah, I don't like the bugs either... And I am frustrated that ladders in water are bugged AGAIN... but rather than to want to talk to the manager, I carry a grappling hook all the time, so to get on  my ship every time... adapted, overcome...

Somehow don't lose tames to clipping noodles since S1... build accordingly as everyone else...
who ever loses tames to them that way can only fault himself at this point of the game development...
Sydhart did something stupid and got punished for doing so...

43 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

And yet, knowing what would happen, he used it as "intended", expecting a different result... and got radiated as expected...

At this point everyone should have learned that there are bugs and they getting fixed is unlikely and that they are getting worse is more likely...

Yeah, I don't like the bugs either... And I am frustrated that ladders in water are bugged AGAIN... but rather than to want to talk to the manager, I carry a grappling hook all the time, so to get on  my ship every time... adapted, overcome...

Somehow don't lose tames to clipping noodles since S1... build accordingly as everyone else...
who ever loses tames to them that way can only fault himself at this point of the game development...
Sydhart did something stupid and got punished for doing so...

Even if there are workarounds does not mean it is in any way, shape or form acceptable to not have them fixed!

Even if you were capable of walking bare-footed over lava, doesn't mean anyone else has to do it.

People refuse to rely on workarounds to get even the most basic shit done, and for good reason.

And no, what Sydhart did was NOT stupid, except for maybe expecting the devs to show any sign of competence or believing any of the crap they keep telling us.

The devs did something stupid. And misled white knights like you refuse to have them being held accountable for their mistakes.

We are paying(!) customers(!), not some cheap QA slaves.

We absolutely, positively, do not have to put up with this kind of crap.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, user1 said:

The devs did something stupid. And misled white knights like you refuse to have them being held accountable for their mistakes.

We are paying(!) customers(!), not some cheap QA slaves.

We absolutely, positively, do not have to put up with this kind of crap.

I don't think I refuse to hold them devs accountable... no white knight here...
But I also refuse to be stupid to lose my tames in the current (since almost 2 years...) state of the game to known bugs...
Especially if I can work around that... it is not game breaking...

If you think you "absolutely, positively, do not have to put up with this kind of crap" you can either stop playing, or continue to lose your tames to year long, known bugs...

Stop playing would be my suggestion for you... survival games seems not to be for you anyway, if you do not want to survive by avoiding the buggy dangers the game world put you up against...

Pro-tip to you PVE players.... better play single player and set wild dino damage to ZERO... problem solved... no noodles killing your tames through your RP-bases, no griefing of your building space by others... and no lag from servers loading in your giant useless RP-castles that you spam all over the place... thankfully in PVP we can "remove" your stuff if needed...
But let me guess, you will "not put up with" the game engine not being able to support your structure spam... even if you know about the limitations and it breaks your game...

🙄

I don't think I refuse to hold them devs accountable... no white knight here...
But I also refuse to be stupid to lose my tames in the current (since almost 2 years...) state of the game to known bugs...
Especially if I can work around that... it is not game breaking...

If you think you "absolutely, positively, do not have to put up with this kind of crap" you can either stop playing, or continue to lose your tames to year long, known bugs...

Stop playing would be my suggestion for you... survival games seems not to be for you anyway, if you do not want to survive by avoiding the buggy dangers the game world put you up against...

Pro-tip to you PVE players.... better play single player and set wild dino damage to ZERO... problem solved... no noodles killing your tames through your RP-bases, no griefing of your building space by others... and no lag from servers loading in your giant useless RP-castles that you spam all over the place... thankfully in PVP we can "remove" your stuff if needed...
But let me guess, you will "not put up with" the game engine not being able to support your structure spam... even if you know about the limitations and it breaks your game...

🙄

I spotted you, a pvp player right off the bat you know? The one that got OUR NA server that has hardly any of the issues that the EU one does?

Real smart and bright of you to throw down comments that don't genuinely help anybody or anything except maybe your overblown ego which to the rest of us looks like a lowly smarta$$ that offers nothing but shite to a comment, seriously, you offered nothing so why don't YOU keep your trap shut when you have none of the problems us PVE players on the crappy EU server have, that wasn't a question.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 8:44 PM, Sydhart said:

I am hanging on by a thread, I have now started playing Ark again full time since I didn't beat all of the bosses or join in beating all of the bosses but, I do get on and TRY to update my base that is if the old Atlas Albatross known better as ( You have been kicked by Battleye ) yeah, that one which has been a long, LONG time issue that us players absolutely cannot fix so while there are work arounds for certain things there are not for others like the Albatross, nothing that any player can do to fix this only on the side of Atlas devs team can do this I wondered, why doesn't Atlas devs make their own anti-cheat program like 7dtd and Conan and many other game devs do so they don't have to deal with the overload of tickets that come in like this but I was told in a big discussion a few of us players were having privately that that would cost money and that, is not going to happen not only because of the development OF the program but, for it to be monitored yeah, not happening.

This game has so many things to offer, the game not the devs, as far as I am concerned the devs do nothing and, say nothing.

I heard that two of the Wildcard members went back to Ark this is ONLY hear say I have no facts on this but, it would stand to reason why now days when you submit a ticket you no longer get a confirmation on said ticket and that if they need any additional info they will contact the ticket holder....wow, those were the days when they actually cared enough to at least, shut us up.

FIX THE BATTLEYE ISSUE DEVS, SO MANY IN B GRID AND IN H GRID CANNOT PLAY DUE TO BEING KICKED BY YOUR ANTI CHEAT PROGRAM, only cheating I see going on is y'all not letting us play for what we purchased. Still would like to see those TOS I have not found those yet and please before someone opens their gob it is NOT the same as code of conduct sigh.

I remember seeing Voodoo on here briefly and seemed to help and most def responded.

To the poster, looks like your place fell apart? I have had that happen several times unfortunately but, I have never lost anything, I always keep my animals on neutral, always have and always will, I am sorry you lost so many really, that was a lot of time and effort put into a hard lesson learned 😞

20200811201536_1.thumb.jpg.4d633d6e507cabe59f6627929d0d859d.jpg

Edited by SusanT

4 minutes ago, SusanT said:

I spotted you, a pvp player right off the bat you know? The one that got OUR NA server that has hardly any of the issues that the EU one does?

Real smart and bright of you to throw down comments that don't genuinely help anybody or anything except maybe your overblown ego which to the rest of us looks like a lowly smarta$$ that offers nothing but shite to a comment, seriously, you offered nothing so why don't YOU keep your trap shut when you have none of the problems us PVE players on the crappy EU server have, that wasn't a question.

They removed servers across the board. Both the EU and NA PvP have less servers then they did pre season 4. Despite common belief we do infact have lag issues, tames falling off boats and all the same issues you have on your PvE server. 3 out of the 4 things hes brought up I can live with no problem if they work on actual issues instead.

The only concern OP brings up that i would consider an issue is the lag. Constant 2x gathering, reduced NPC cost, farmhouses and 50% of the servers removed. Somehow people spamming the grids into a coma with npcs and buildings causes lag who would have thought?

I'd gladly sacrifice a couple of tames a day if it meant fixing lag, barrel duping \ bombing, weapon balance, claim system, progression system and other issues.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

You should be happy to know that i stopped playing this crap long ago, before it became even greater rubbish.

I still like to show up every now and then just to let GS know about the colossal failure that they, as a software and gaming company, are.

I have never had to witness such massive heaps of totally bone-headed design decisions or outright complete and utter bullshit, along with the occasional smoke and mirrors, as with this game.

Nothing else i have ever played does even come close to the complete disaster that is this "game".

2 hours ago, SusanT said:

LOL, how are we responsible that there a less PVE player...? in a game that does not work as a PVE anyway...?
And again how are PVPs responsible that you lose tames on PVE which is a no-issue on PVP...

Somehow PVP play the game as is, PVE pretend to play something different than it is and do not survive...

This game needs to be shut down and moved back over to Ark as an expansion. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

PVP play the game as is

Oh you mean by cheesing their way out by having larger strength in numbers and offline raiding everyone they can get a hold of?
Those truly are some brave PvP players.

Imagine what epic battles would ensue if they were online at the same time as the people they're fighting.

You can return to barrel-bomb griefing offline newbies now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, user1 said:

Oh you mean by cheesing their way out by having larger strength in numbers and offline raiding everyone they can get a hold of?

Imagine what epic battles would ensue if they were online at the same time as the people they're fighting.

You can return to barrel-bomb griefing offline newbies now.

Lol someone got pwnt in season 1 wanna talk about it?

1 hour ago, user1 said:

show Dr. Sheepy on the map where living in Lawless hurted you...😷🤕😱

4 hours ago, Pant said:

They removed servers across the board. Both the EU and NA PvP have less servers then they did pre season 4. Despite common belief we do infact have lag issues, tames falling off boats and all the same issues you have on your PvE server. 3 out of the 4 things hes brought up I can live with no problem if they work on actual issues instead.

The only concern OP brings up that i would consider an issue is the lag. Constant 2x gathering, reduced NPC cost, farmhouses and 50% of the servers removed. Somehow people spamming the grids into a coma with npcs and buildings causes lag who would have thought?

I'd gladly sacrifice a couple of tames a day if it meant fixing lag, barrel duping \ bombing, weapon balance, claim system, progression system and other issues.

The game is supposed to hold a lot more than what actually plays on it but, it is not geared up for that and I don't think it ever will be.

Ohhhh I was under the understanding that they moved PVP players to NA actually, I saw that once when logging in but that was right after the last wipe that was promised to never happen again. When trying to get around that batteye issue WHICH IS HUGE and one may not think that until they themselves get it and trust me, you will get it sooner or later but, sorry got off point, the point was is that I tried to log into a pvp server, I saw two but tbh I didn't even pay attention to whether it was EU or NA servers as I knew what my only server was but, there were two pvp servers.

3 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

LOL, how are we responsible that there a less PVE player...? in a game that does not work as a PVE anyway...?
And again how are PVPs responsible that you lose tames on PVE which is a no-issue on PVP...

Somehow PVP play the game as is, PVE pretend to play something different than it is and do not survive...

OMG who said anything about you or any other pvp'er being responsible?!<rhetorical.

PVE is the same as PVP only we don't have a need to go shooting people and we don't have a need to go destroying what others have built.

We are pretty tame people until, we get riled that is 😉

• Like 1

If people didn't buy this game for pve as well as pvp, then this forum and Atlas probably wouldn't exist, due to the severe lack of finances the company would have got. Yeh the devs seem to have forgotten this fact, much to their detriment, but the fact remains. Yeh maybe they are running a business that doesn't need income....then again, maybe not.

• Like 2

The damage to the game is irreversible, there is no chance they could pull off something like No Man Sky did. They don't understand the code to change things around so what you see now is pretty much what you will see forever with a few tweaks here and there.

Lets be honest, how much has changed in the 2 years since release? Not alot has changed, most of it has stayed intact and that should tell us everything. The game needs building from the ground up but it won't happen. Their main priority is Ark which I've never played and I don't want to either. 

• Like 2