Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Pirate LeChuck

Please Mark Treasure Spawns

Treasure isn't hard to find with the map, you have a massive beam of light marking it.

It's not helpful making them invisible to people. I have been in my spot since the last wipe but today i've logged in to find tames dead because someone spawned a treasure map inside my base which I didn't even know was there... and as I was offline I still don't know where exactly the spawn is so what can I do about it..

Mark them or something.  Like a scattered pirate corpses or a pile of skeleton bones on the floor. That way we know there is a spawn and we wont build on it. Or even better put a no build radius around them so you physically cant...

There's no reason not to... You may get idiots building around them and holding them to ransom but that's easily dealt with by admin via griefing etc.

Its frustrating.

• Like 3

Make them unbuildable. Like lootdrops on ARK. Couldnt get any easier. So many people have asked for this.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr
  • Like 2

you can do
- collect low level maps on neighbour island. You will know very well were maps spawn on your island after like 20-30 maps for your island.
- build on pillars

Also, if someone spawns a low map in your barn, you will most likely not notice, bc your natural defences kills them. A harder map tho, will break your defences.

Also antihax's map has a button to show treasure spawns.

But I agree, blocked building would be the best solution

Edited by Gindorf

39 minutes ago, Gindorf said:

Also antihax's map has a button to show treasure spawns.

But I agree, blocked building would be the best solution

I use the Antihax map but its not entirely accurate.

Just checked where my base is and compared to the map and according to Antihax there is no spawn exactly where I am, its marked a bit further north but obviously there is as they were inside.

15 minutes ago, Ghost Pirate LeChuck said:

I use the Antihax map but its not entirely accurate.

Just checked where my base is and compared to the map and according to Antihax there is no spawn exactly where I am, its marked a bit further north but obviously there is as they were inside.

Well thats good to know... though that might be an issue with the game map not being fully aligned with where islands actually are.. I know there are a bunch that the map shows further north than where they are really placed in game.

Yeah i've found that too. Looking at the map and the player location isnt always spot on. My map shows me pretty much on the edge of the beach when actually i'm a little further in land etc.

Too many maps I have quested only to find player built structures preventing access to all the SOD's to complete the map.  Not a fault of the players.  the games treasure spawning mechanism does not interact with player actions move/restrict/relocate the spawn so that it is not "blocked".

If they mark the spawns people will for sure wall around them and gate them in just to be a*******s.  No matter if you make it unbuildable people will still be able to wall them in even if it means they have to wall off 1/4 of the island.

Edited by McDangles

Can't they make it so the Army of the Dead ONLY aggros on to the player (and their tames?) who has the map? If the player moves out of a specific range, the AoD could disappear. If the player decides the AoD for that map is just too hard for them, and drops the map, the AoD disappears...something like that so that somebody else's tames don't get harmed/killed because of a blocked spawn, or too high of a level for the map holder. I've seen many players' tames killed because of this.  Just a thought.

8 hours ago, UnderTaker905 said:

Can't they make it so the Army of the Dead ONLY aggros on to the player (and their tames?) who has the map? If the player moves out of a specific range, the AoD could disappear. If the player decides the AoD for that map is just too hard for them, and drops the map, the AoD disappears...something like that so that somebody else's tames don't get harmed/killed because of a blocked spawn, or too high of a level for the map holder. I've seen many players' tames killed because of this.  Just a thought.

The AoD already REALLY has a problem with disappearing.  They just sink back into the ground unless you kill them really quickly.

I think treasure maps don't even really pay well enough for how much of a pain in the dick they are.  Even if they are'nt in a player's base they can just as easily be on top of a spire, in which case I'm not even going to fuck with it.  I climbed one spire just to be met by a tiger at the top.  No thanks.

If you just care about gold diving is a much safer proposition.

Edited by McDangles

25 minutes ago, McDangles said:

The AoD already REALLY has a problem with disappearing.  They just sink back into the ground unless you kill them really quickly.

I think treasure maps don't even really pay well enough for how much of a pain in the dick they are.  Even if they are'nt in a player's base they can just as easily be on top of a spire, in which case I'm not even going to fuck with it.  I climbed one spire just to be met by a tiger at the top.  No thanks.

If you just care about gold diving is a much safer proposition.

I think the AoD is meant to be killed quickly. I'm with you on the markers that are on top of those towering spires.... I hate sailing to a destination only to find that I've gotta be Spider-Man to even get to it. Waste of time. I really enjoy when I get the chance to dive. Maps have mediocre payouts, but give a bit of experience too. Only some shipwrecks are a waste (3.0 quality with maybe 50 gold and grey bp's...oh, and a touch of food).

I also don't understand why diving pays better than taking out SotD.  I have a brig and go out and kill SotD sometimes but the payout is so low I am just like what's the point.  Yes plans are a thing but if I can make enough gold from diving I can buy them from the many shops around.  SotD should pay out huge in gold.  

Speaking of sunken treasure, I would like to have the quality number removed from the wreckage. This would force an exploration and not just a fly over. More wreckage respawns would happen if people didn’t have a choice to ignore all the Lower numbers. And more importantly,   The broken ones are the biggest drag in the world.

7 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

Speaking of sunken treasure, I would like to have the quality number removed from the wreckage. This would force an exploration and not just a fly over. More wreckage respawns would happen if people didn’t have a choice to ignore all the Lower numbers. And more importantly,   The broken ones are the biggest drag in the world.

Added to list: "ToDo for 2022, S11"

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

But it was asked for from the players, they wanted to know if it is even worth to go down.
Who would have guessed that nobody does the shit job?

• Haha 1