Sign in to follow this  
Pooter

Things aren’t looking good

Wow, I just went on to the steam charts and realized even though there was a small increase last month after the wipe Here we are just a month out and there is already a decrease in numbers. I didn’t come back after the wipe but does anyone know why the numbers are already dropping?

is the new dev team just as bad as the old one?

Less people are playing because it’s not even playable in some regions of PVE. We went to H5 because I wanted to see it and I almost  didn’t make it out. The Monster Of The Blue Lag-goon is the best boss yet. You can defeat him with a fast PC and low ping but he’s always there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ere we are just a month out and there is already a decrease in numbers. I didn’t come back after the wipe but does anyone know why the numbers are already dropping?

There are because most of servers are just unplayable right now. Even my I7 now in this state, because every 16 seconds it stops for 2 seconds (you can perfome any action while stops period) and then warp everyone back to where all were before stop. So gameplay looks like that:

- You run your pier, then jump to the boat, then find yourself flying from pier to waters 50 meters back from your boat.

- You run to your house, open door, get in, open chestbox, then find yourself 50 meters from your house.

- You go for trees, your horse with cargo harness following you. You approach the tree, start to hit it. Then you find yourself 50 meters back hitting your horse staying there.

- Your ship do full stop every 16 seconds. Waves runs back at those stops. You waste alot of cannonballs trying to fight, because you can shoot and then all stops and warped back. All but not your cannonballs for some reason : ))

- You waste alot of projectiles because you can shot something and next second it will warp back. Not sure if it's possible to dig a treasure in our region anymore. And... well hunting fish with spear launcher go in to very expensive state.

- Because of those rewinds, day/night cycle sometimes not following the clock. You may see daylight at 22:29 (10:29pm) and then 22:30 (10:30pm) it's turn dark like within 0.1 second. Same with morning. It might be darkest night and next second - bright shiny day.

But most annoying are warps. It's just pisses me off to go somewhere and then find myself in to another place, pointing walls, flying from the pier etc. That's why I became so angry about ppl, who came here to play "minecraft" creating their arty designs, building palaces, pyramids etc (and all creations ARE THE REASON). They destroyed my game experience. That's why I happy and really HOPE that game goes to "prefab" buildings state.

Edited by George Catcher

I noticed a reduction in players on server I am on also. The novelty wears of quickly if you've been around since the beginning.

We have been through wipes many times, trouble is they are not adding enough content to draw people back.

Then you have the griefers blocking and trolling to the point where people give in and just don't play it. I will be very surprised if this ever got to full release.

Three to six weeks is a normal amount of time for a wipe to die down. Its got little to do with servers or lag.

People get bored, they move on to other games for three to six weeks, they come back.

Not a new concept.

I just wanna add that current online my I7 (Official PVE) is around 5 ppl (there were average 20-25 ppl first week). And lags are still there.

2 hours ago, George Catcher said:

I just wanna add that current online my I7 (Official PVE) is around 5 ppl (there were average 20-25 ppl first week). And lags are still there.

My bet is they have multiple grid are interfering on the same physical server.   Just like less grids saves money.  More grids per server saves money.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 1:01 AM, George Catcher said:

There are because most of servers are just unplayable right now. Even my I7 now in this state, because every 16 seconds it stops for 2 seconds (you can perfome any action while stops period) and then warp everyone back to where all were before stop. So gameplay looks like that:

- You run your pier, then jump to the boat, then find yourself flying from pier to waters 50 meters back from your boat.

- You run to your house, open door, get in, open chestbox, then find yourself 50 meters from your house.

- You go for trees, your horse with cargo harness following you. You approach the tree, start to hit it. Then you find yourself 50 meters back hitting your horse staying there.

- Your ship do full stop every 16 seconds. Waves runs back at those stops. You waste alot of cannonballs trying to fight, because you can shoot and then all stops and warped back. All but not your cannonballs for some reason : ))

- You waste alot of projectiles because you can shot something and next second it will warp back. Not sure if it's possible to dig a treasure in our region anymore. And... well hunting fish with spear launcher go in to very expensive state.

- Because of those rewinds, day/night cycle sometimes not following the clock. You may see daylight at 22:29 (10:29pm) and then 22:30 (10:30pm) it's turn dark like within 0.1 second. Same with morning. It might be darkest night and next second - bright shiny day.

But most annoying are warps. It's just pisses me off to go somewhere and then find myself in to another place, pointing walls, flying from the pier etc. That's why I became so angry about ppl, who came here to play "minecraft" creating their arty designs, building palaces, pyramids etc (and all creations ARE THE REASON). They destroyed my game experience. That's why I happy and really HOPE that game goes to "prefab" buildings state.

It really sounds like the dev team though man. All of those things are the result of a bad dev team.

On 8/10/2020 at 6:25 AM, DannyUK said:

I noticed a reduction in players on server I am on also. The novelty wears of quickly if you've been around since the beginning.

We have been through wipes many times, trouble is they are not adding enough content to draw people back.

Then you have the griefers blocking and trolling to the point where people give in and just don't play it. I will be very surprised if this ever got to full release.

I get you totally. I would be fine with wipes as well but if you “just want me to do the same damn thing over again(except build a couple different buildings) then no, I’m done” lol.

On 8/10/2020 at 11:01 AM, PeglegTheAngry said:

Three to six weeks is a normal amount of time for a wipe to die down. Its got little to do with servers or lag.

People get bored, they move on to other games for three to six weeks, they come back.

Not a new concept.

I am a little confused. Where exactly is the “they come back” part? In terms of total player count only like 2k or so came back after it’s all time low. Sure you are right that they got bored, but that only means the 2k got bored after that amount of time. 

the other 10’s of thousands got bored over a year ago and never came back. And what I mean by over a year ago is that almost a year and a half ago which the funny part is the game is only a year and a half old.

PC’ers are in their 4th season. They came on, did what they needed to do to get to max level. Because they have the game play knowledge. Saw nothing new was added and left. Simple as that. Now those who are still around have to wait for their spam and boats to despawn. 

The servers run bad in PvP because of the Stone structures and giant walls and defences everywhere and PVE runs bad because of the densely populated Lawless islands. 
Breeders from both sides don’t kill off enough tames or breed too many. Everything accumulates and causes a sh!t gaming experience for everyone. We are our own worst enemy. 

Edited by Voromja