DannyUK

Warehouses

I've gave up with it for now, i've got to that point again where I just can't be bothered with it anymore, knew it wouldn't take long. I will log in every few days to reset timer but that is it. I'm done with it for now until next season again to see what has changed, if it's the same I won't be playing.

Total piss take this game, one big troll. What they do behind the scenes I will never know because they certainly don't test anything. 1 person allowed to put a warehouse down per island on lawless? That is ridiculous, it wouldn't even let me place it anywhere, stupid.

There is one thing they are good at and that's turning players away, that's all they're good for.

23 hours ago, DannyUK said:

I've gave up with it for now, i've got to that point again where I just can't be bothered with it anymore, knew it wouldn't take long. I will log in every few days to reset timer but that is it. I'm done with it for now until next season again to see what has changed, if it's the same I won't be playing.

Total piss take this game, one big troll. What they do behind the scenes I will never know because they certainly don't test anything. 1 person allowed to put a warehouse down per island on lawless? That is ridiculous, it wouldn't even let me place it anywhere, stupid.

There is one thing they are good at and that's turning players away, that's all they're good for.

While I certainly share your frustrations, perhaps early access isn't for you, especially with this company. These warehouses are an easy fix. In fact many of the things that became broken with this patch other than the overall barrels (which don't seem well thought at all) can be easily fixed. None of us here paid for a complete game experience and with some of the boundaries this game is pushing, there's going to be a shit ton more things that go wrong before they go right. Regardless, ranting about it each week here and on Twitter isn't really constructive and your coming off as a cry baby. Quit already or STFU. No one cares if you're storming off and going to your room to pout. Clearly your expectations for this company will never be met because they're pretty shitty as a whole and put out substandard gaming software. I for one have come to understand this and enjoy playing the game for what it is, not for what I wish it were and when they fuck up like they have this week, I offer some solid constructive feedback instead of empty threats that I'll leave, only to say I'll log in every few days so I don't lose my shit.... Lol 

1 minute ago, CaptBlackSparrow said:

While I certainly share your frustrations, perhaps early access isn't for you, especially with this company. These warehouses are an easy fix. In fact many of the things that became broken with this patch other than the overall barrels (which don't seem well thought at all) can be easily fixed. None of us here paid for a complete game experience and with some of the boundaries this game is pushing, there's going to be a shit ton more things that go wrong before they go right. Regardless, ranting about it each week here and on Twitter isn't really constructive and your coming off as a cry baby. Quit already or STFU. No one cares if you're storming off and going to your room to pout. Clearly your expectations for this company will never be met because they're pretty shitty as a whole and put out substandard gaming software. I for one have come to understand this and enjoy playing the game for what it is, not for what I wish it were and when they fuck up like they have this week, I offer some solid constructive feedback instead of empty threats that I'll leave, only to say I'll log in every few days so I don't lose my shit.... Lol 

I don't think you understand though, I've played since day 1 and bugs from day 1 still remain.  You say these are easy fixes, don't you think we all now that? You are telling this to the wrong person, you need to tell the dev team which we've been saying from day 1.

When they can't fix something from 2 years ago you know it's destined to fail, I'm sorry if you have your heart set on a fully release game but it isn't going to happen I'm afraid.

As for you, I couldn't care less whether you hate me posting here or not, I will continue to do so, sorry to disappoint. This is a forum and yes you are welcome to post here also. When you've got over 1000hrs in the game I might take more notice, until then enjoy the game. Some of us have tested the game from the beginning but I'm guessing from the amount of input in the forums you are late to the party.

For some reason our warehouse doesn't collect the wood or thatch. It collects super slow. I do love the idea of farmhouses and warehouses as my opinion it will increase ship use and battles. The constant grind especially for those of us in small crews can be boring. It really should just be a connected building on individual farmhouses. Not a giant radius and possibly not a giant building that looks cool but doesn't need to be that big. 

4 hours ago, RaspyScorpion said:

For some reason our warehouse doesn't collect the wood or thatch. It collects super slow. I do love the idea of farmhouses and warehouses as my opinion it will increase ship use and battles. The constant grind especially for those of us in small crews can be boring. It really should just be a connected building on individual farmhouses. Not a giant radius and possibly not a giant building that looks cool but doesn't need to be that big. 

In the announcement it says it won't collect those from farmhouses because the farmhouses use wood and thatch for fuel.

Honestly its a pointless building and would have been better to put limits on farmhouse numbers while increasing their radius and capacity instead.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bluestone said:

In the announcement it says it won't collect those from farmhouses because the farmhouses use wood and thatch for fuel.

Honestly its a pointless building and would have been better to put limits on farmhouse numbers while increasing their radius and capacity instead.

Lolwut. Pointless? Nice.

Anyway, hopefully tames and breeding get buffed. @DannyUK how is your silo going?

5 hours ago, Bluestone said:

The farmhouse could have just stacked more just like the warehouse and you wouldn't need to put both down.

I don't get why they need both, warehouse just takes more space on island. Hopefully they remove them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DannyUK said:

The farmhouse could have just stacked more just like the warehouse and you wouldn't need to put both down.

I don't get why they need both, warehouse just takes more space on island. Hopefully they remove them.

I said the same thing. You can put a resource box next to your windmill and achieve the same thing plus you gather wood and thatch, two of the biggest resources in the game.. you have to tend to your windmill now and again anyway and it really doesn't take long to transfer mats over. I know they implemented the warehouse to help you transfer mats over distance but that's assuming your windmill is even close to your base as everyone else has spammed them.

24h after putting down the warehouse I have no use for it. It's mega slow to accumulate mats and it burns crap loads of wood to fuel it. It's a pointless building. 

IMO they should merge the two together and have a building that you can put down like the silo and farms all available resources on that specific island. 1 per company per island. It collects slowly and caps at something like 10k a stack. Would solve a lot of issues and fix the problems the windmill and warehouse have created i.e windmill spam.

• Like 1

I have to question "why" there are farmhouses and warehouses at all. Solo players would probably benefit most from them, but even small companies like mine can churn out a galleon every hour if we decide to get our asses in gear. A really good giraffe, bear, and elephant cuts down gathering by huge amounts. My company slapped down a bunch after the update and within a couple days already unlocked them all because we simply had no reason to use them anymore.

I mean, the purpose is for players to sail around more often... but for WHAT? There's nothing new out there.

Edited by Xantria
beep boop boop

50 minutes ago, Ghost Pirate LeChuck said:

I said the same thing. You can put a resource box next to your windmill and achieve the same thing plus you gather wood and thatch, two of the biggest resources in the game.. you have to tend to your windmill now and again anyway and it really doesn't take long to transfer mats over. I know they implemented the warehouse to help you transfer mats over distance but that's assuming your windmill is even close to your base as everyone else has spammed them.

24h after putting down the warehouse I have no use for it. It's mega slow to accumulate mats and it burns crap loads of wood to fuel it. It's a pointless building. 

IMO they should merge the two together and have a building that you can put down like the silo and farms all available resources on that specific island. 1 per company per island. It collects slowly and caps at something like 10k a stack. Would solve a lot of issues and fix the problems the windmill and warehouse have created i.e windmill spam.

Yeah it's stupid isn't it, that's what i've done from the beginning just put a resource box down and manually transfer it across. I've got loads of resources in the chest, more than I know what to do with.

I've never had the chance to test the warehouse because it won't let me place it, saying 1/1 already there. I went looking around the island and I saw 1 which was nowhere near me and I'm thinking why is it not letting me put it down then? So must be a massive radius. Could they not just have let us use resource boxes like we are but they automatically go in there? Link them to the farmhouse, would have been easier and save space.

I've gave it a break for awhile, I did last time until the wipe but I just can't get into it like I once did. I will log in to keep timer going just incase they pull something out of the hat unexpectedly but I very much doubt it. 

Wow, Ffs there are some whiney bitches in here.

First off,  big applause to the new direction. Farmhouse is the single best addition to this game since launch. Wharehouse is really promising. I know that there is more comming that will build on the synergy and I'm excited to see it unfold. Still realizing its EA and enjoying the process.

It appears that the farms and wharehouse are using a sphere to determine what is in range. Not a circle.

So does the entire sphere of the farm have to be in the radius of the wharehouse or only a part of the sphere? I have 1 farm at the edge and it looks like it should sync up but doesn't.

Also, at the very least can we change the wharehouse to collect thatch? Wood would be preferable too, but I can live with 1 resource being excluded but 2?! Also, I dont see why there is a limit to what it can hold. Its super expensive compared to a ship chest and those hold unlimited. The balance just seems off, especially since anyone can access it.

Now, for those of you who havent had the chance to own a wharehouse yet. It collects super slow. Honestly at 5% it's almost too slow, I'd like to see 10%. But I get how with max farmhouses that could run away. It doesnt seem to be collecting from any farmhouse that isnt also collecting. So there is a decent amount of legwork to keep it running at top efficiency. For a solo like myself, its way better than trying to keep tames, if there were 3 or 4 of me, tames are 100% easier and faster. So keep that in mind, let the solos have to WHs as you wont want to use them if you have manpower. It can easily be better to have a crafting station between 2 or 3 farms.

-CS

5 hours ago, Chucksteak said:

Wow, Ffs there are some whiney bitches in here.

First off,  big applause to the new direction. Farmhouse is the single best addition to this game since launch. Wharehouse is really promising. I know that there is more comming that will build on the synergy and I'm excited to see it unfold. Still realizing its EA and enjoying the process.

It appears that the farms and wharehouse are using a sphere to determine what is in range. Not a circle.

So does the entire sphere of the farm have to be in the radius of the wharehouse or only a part of the sphere? I have 1 farm at the edge and it looks like it should sync up but doesn't.

Also, at the very least can we change the wharehouse to collect thatch? Wood would be preferable too, but I can live with 1 resource being excluded but 2?! Also, I dont see why there is a limit to what it can hold. Its super expensive compared to a ship chest and those hold unlimited. The balance just seems off, especially since anyone can access it.

Now, for those of you who havent had the chance to own a wharehouse yet. It collects super slow. Honestly at 5% it's almost too slow, I'd like to see 10%. But I get how with max farmhouses that could run away. It doesnt seem to be collecting from any farmhouse that isnt also collecting. So there is a decent amount of legwork to keep it running at top efficiency. For a solo like myself, its way better than trying to keep tames, if there were 3 or 4 of me, tames are 100% easier and faster. So keep that in mind, let the solos have to WHs as you wont want to use them if you have manpower. It can easily be better to have a crafting station between 2 or 3 farms.

-CS

Thanks for providing your pow. It was refreshing to read.
Every solo player should get his autofarm set up as properly as you, i hope the none solo companies realise that tames are better.

On 8/15/2020 at 6:24 PM, DannyUK said:

I don't think you understand though, I've played since day 1 and bugs from day 1 still remain.  You say these are easy fixes, don't you think we all now that? You are telling this to the wrong person, you need to tell the dev team which we've been saying from day 1.

When they can't fix something from 2 years ago you know it's destined to fail, I'm sorry if you have your heart set on a fully release game but it isn't going to happen I'm afraid.

As for you, I couldn't care less whether you hate me posting here or not, I will continue to do so, sorry to disappoint. This is a forum and yes you are welcome to post here also. When you've got over 1000hrs in the game I might take more notice, until then enjoy the game. Some of us have tested the game from the beginning but I'm guessing from the amount of input in the forums you are late to the party.

I'm day one as well with more than 1,200 hours of playtime as well as running my own server grids (3x4) for people to play on and not something server hosted either but my own machine. I've also created mods for the game so don't assume because I don't come here and spend every waking moment ranting like you that I know less than you buttercup. 

And I wasn't responding about day 1 bugs, but to your whiney post about this current issue. You openly admit to having no faith in this game ever being released in some form of final product, again then why are you even here? You setting out for some forum post record for a game you have no faith in?

I commented to you directly because even though I don't come to the forums as often as you, your name sticks out. Why? Because all you do is bitch and say you're gonna leave or you've had it. Please do so then. We both see eye to eye in the failings of this company. The only difference is I'm not here crying. I leave the game without a whimper and come back after a few months when they actually update it. I then post something constructive and move on. People don't know my name as that one guy who cries every day in the forums. You're obviously wasting your time and after a while you're only known for what you repeatedly do and aren't taken seriously. But hey it's your time, waste it. I'll just keep trolling your ass every time I see tears. 

Edited by CaptBlackSparrow

Petty recriminations and childish insults are not what this forum was made for as far as I know, Also If someone wishes to moan about Atlas on the Atlas forum then that is their business. If you don't like people whining then don't read it. Also I have bought all this companies other games and not one of them has left ea yet, and Dark and Light is over three years old. And if the op is wasting his time moaning, then how much time are you wasting reading it? Yeh I agree if someone gets personal in a post then we have the right to answer back, So I do understand at least part of your retaliation. But trolling? No.

• Like 1

Alright now I wanna show you something. Recently I posted a screen that show 2km radius from my base. Here it is:

QtFd1it.jpg

I just repeat I measured it by combining 2 screenshots I made on my pier. I stood one side made screenshot then go 50 ceilings away and took another screenshot. Then photoshop helped me to draw this one above.

But today, while on my supply log in, waiting my food cooked, I was wondering - how many warehouses in my island anyway. So I took my horse and did beautiful evening ride. I was surprised to find 3.

One - here:

ZuvRFQ8.jpg

Another one here:

Zne63p9.jpg

And third one here:

bb2ukNQ.jpg

Even if I fall to measure all right in 1st picture, those 3 warehouses definitely WAY CLOSER to each other then 2 km. So my guess - the radius from another player warehouse should be those 500 meter which it gather resources.

But anyway. Each time I log in I try to put one in to my base. I still seeing "to many warehouses in the area" messages, despite the fact that I don't have any.

• Like 2

The warehouses are totally boned.  I spent so many points just to get one and I can't find anywhere to put it.  I'm just right back to where I started just now with wasted skill points.  I'm going on my third outing to find a place to put one but it's starting to seem like I'm going to have to put one on the other side of the island.

• Like 1

I don't play it anymore but I do log in every few days to reset timers so when I saw the update of changing the range of warehouse I took the opportunity to try and place it again. I still could not place it down, saying another warehouse in close range and the distance from me and that warehouse is large distance. I gave up with it and put it back in the box.

Personally I think they should do away with warehouse and just use farmhouse, increase the amount it stores, it would be so much easier. They don't think about these things, just come up with an idea and say lets throw it in there, to hell with how it works.

I meant to say farmhouses.  I can't even make one of those.  I tried again today.  Still getting the error that too many nearby farmhouses.  I don't see why they have to have such a ridiculous range.  The area I was in only had a couple of farmhouses and it was a really big area.

This has been a total waste of skill points for me.  I rarely do it but I think this is worthy of a respec.  What a cluster.

You could tell from the beginning that they did not want hundreds of animals standing around, so they made it snarky hard (compared to Ark). Now the Ark devs  finally came up with the cryopod, but that could not work for Atlas for obvious reasons. So it looks like they are eliminating the necessity of having a tame such as elephants, giraffes and rhinos by having the resources gathered automatically. The idea in theory works for their purpose, but looks like they did not think it thru. Some people LIKE the taming aspect of the game. Some people like selling and breeding superior tames. Having these buildings also does not negate the necessity of tames when travelling to other islands for resources necessary for higher craft items. They also made the buildings ironic. They best serve the little tribes or solo players, yet they cannot place them. But at least all of these things are optional. Place or don't place. tame or not. Choices and that is ok.

What is heartbreaking? Losing count of the wipes. The last one was particularly painful. I had reached perfection with my tame, my clothes, my weapons, a fantastic functioning base, my ship. Finally was excited to go to the next level. I was crossing off grids with discovery zones. It was awesome. Mountain climbing, getting back to the ship without getting killed. Sailing in a ship that could take out a red. Finally was having fun reaching the upper levels..... then it was over. Back down to scratching in the dirt for water. 

I'm not a cry baby. I went thru hell and back with Ark. I expect this kind of thing more or less before a game is released properly. But this game takes it to a whole new level. They make the game that cannot be conquered unless you bed spam, or cheat or skip all the immersion quickly before the next wipe comes along. Unending foreplay is not fun, we never get to finish. We appear to be playing the ultimate game of Etch.A.Sketch.

Edited by PoE

My thing is, I've run all around two islands and even when I'm far enough from other farms and gates, then it plays that needs a floor, or whatever crap. THAT is the thing they need to fix asap. Let blocks and farms and floors stop being so damn picky where they are placed.  One more thing that is simple to fix, and ruining the game.  You got people building 50 level platforms in hopes that they can squeeze in a farm on a mountain? Come on! This is not fun.  Easy fix. Do it please.

• Like 1