DannyUK

Warehouses

So with the news of warehouses coming next week what do people think about them now they know abit more information on them? They will connect to farmhouses so automatically gathering resources. At the moment I just use the resource box but now they will automatically go into the warehouse it's another nail in the coffin for tames I guess.

They look quite big on the picture, it will be a nightmare seeing them all over the place. People have already spammed the farmhouse now we will have to see warehouses everywhere. Many probably won't be able to connect them if it works the same way as farmhouse where it says "can't place here to close" 

I think it is taking things away from tames, not sure if this is their intended purpose to cut down on tames but I have never used the elephant, all resources I need goes into the resource box near farmhouse. Only tames I use is bear and giraffe only to carry huge amounts of weight. People who breed and sell won't be to happy, I'm sure they will have a reduction in people coming to buy elephants and giraffes.

I would have preferred them to focus more on things to do at sea first, sailing is to boring, at least to me. We need more things to do at sea and new ships, maybe NPC ships to board at sea etc. I just wish they focus on these first rather than buildings to gather resources. I know these things are in the pipeline but I get the feeling we won't see them for a very long time, maybe even next season.

• Like 1

Farms and warehouses are fine because at least they are doing something to add content. What also find annoying is seeing these buildings thrown down everywhere. Next wipe we really need some build restrictions. When you have a limited amount of Legos, Lincoln Logs, Kniex, etc., it forces you to be more creative in construction. Imagine how much better the game would run if they would just have a lower cap on every piece that you could place. Also have a piece counter to eliminate frustration. Add people to your company to get a bigger base. There would be less lag, less spam and cooler bases (no Walmart’s or Great Pyramids). 

• Like 2

I don't mind them gathering resources but it is taking the need for tames away, at least that is the way it seems to be heading, whether they take them out completely in the future remains to be seen.

Yes I'm sick of the sight of seeing them everywhere also and I wouldn't be against having a limit to building. They want us more at sea, I'm all for being at sea but they seem to be working backwards giving us land based things and not more sea things.

I hope we see these new ships and things at sea in this season but I get the feeling we won't going from experience.

It is not going back to the land, it is so you can automate the land.  Gets rid of man and beast harvesting and cargo lines entirely means you spend less time on land.  With the windmill you still needed the beast to haul your stuff, now even that is gone with the warehouse.   Taming will become a hobby with no purpose in game, why would you want them to harvest or haul beyond early game once you have a windmill/warehouse?   I fully expect them to add an automated hunting lodge and fishing wharf next.  The game will become an RTS rather than an RPG bent.

They could have gone another way and make it so that PVE/PVP could not so easily destroy your ships/bases you spent hours on, instead they seem to be making the game into creative mode where it takes minutes and no effort to make ships/bases.

Do not hold your breath for the new ships, with this new direction they will clearly not be custom modular.   Removing modularity increases game performance, everybody will have the same building and same ships.   The performance they have left will be spent on monetized skins but the minecrafting is going away.

Edited by krazmuze

You will still need a tame to transport it back to base..

Windmill gathers resources and automatically stores it in the warehouse in whatever stacks they allow. You cant build structures close to the windmill or you affect gathering efficiency which is why they are all scattered in the woods etc. You also cant place them near each other which is another reason they are scattered.

So you still need to transport your stuff from the warehouse to your base to use it in crafting or do whatever. Sounds like a nonsense. Could have just increased the storage limit on the windmill and achieved the exact same thing.

What if you placed your windmill in an uneven area, will the warehouse attach or will it not allow it due to being obstructed? So you have to tear down the windmill to make both fit or both may not... will it then clip into the next persons windmill area and then be too close and again not allow it to link? Something I think they need to address before they implement.

@Gomez Addams come on dude you cant seriously call this added content lol. Add windmill leave it to harvest job done.. If anything its removed it, the need for tames, going out with the right equipment to catch and tame them, growing the best food for them, breeding them for stats etc. Going out and farming the resources yourself. Now just plant windmill and walk away. I get they want to move away from the time chore on land but its not adding content. Unless they are setting it up for something further down the line?

• Like 1

I don't like the way they are heading here, with prebuilt buildings, and I am sure that ships are heading that way too. When that happens a lot of the player base they had will be gone. Yeh the ship building needs improving but I like being able to put my own design out there. They probably think if people leave atlas they will play ark instead so they wont ever really lose the players. But a lot of people(myself included) don't get into ark. If I just wanted to play a pvp ship battle simulator i'd play naval action. The devs just better hope a decent pyrate game doesn't release soon. Skull and bones is still in developement, as far as I can tell.

7 hours ago, Ghost Pirate LeChuck said:

Windmill gathers resources and automatically stores it in the warehouse in whatever stacks they allow. You cant build structures close to the windmill or you affect gathering efficiency which is why they are all scattered in the woods etc. You also cant place them near each other which is another reason they are scattered

I think the warehouse is indeed for your dock base to have automated transport.  The graphical design is not something for attaching to a windmill, it looks more like a dockyard structure.   They will attach in a network hub sense is my thinking.   You can put a shipbox on your windmill now to get infinite storage, I do not see them making another building just to automate that, because as you noted they could have just made the windmill have infinite storage.  Which leads to the only reason for warehouse is to get rid of your beast transport.      They really should require sailors to run these things, but then they would need to beef them up so that they are not paperdolls.

Edited by krazmuze

On 8/8/2020 at 10:24 AM, DannyUK said:

So with the news of warehouses coming next week what do people think about them now they know abit more information on them? They will connect to farmhouses so automatically gathering resources. At the moment I just use the resource box but now they will automatically go into the warehouse it's another nail in the coffin for tames I guess.

They look quite big on the picture, it will be a nightmare seeing them all over the place. People have already spammed the farmhouse now we will have to see warehouses everywhere. Many probably won't be able to connect them if it works the same way as farmhouse where it says "can't place here to close" 

I think it is taking things away from tames, not sure if this is their intended purpose to cut down on tames but I have never used the elephant, all resources I need goes into the resource box near farmhouse. Only tames I use is bear and giraffe only to carry huge amounts of weight. People who breed and sell won't be to happy, I'm sure they will have a reduction in people coming to buy elephants and giraffes.

I would have preferred them to focus more on things to do at sea first, sailing is to boring, at least to me. We need more things to do at sea and new ships, maybe NPC ships to board at sea etc. I just wish they focus on these first rather than buildings to gather resources. I know these things are in the pipeline but I get the feeling we won't see them for a very long time, maybe even next season.

How can you of never used an elephant? The only thing you really need is an elephant as everything else is easy to get and low weight.

The elephant vs. bear vs. giraffe is irrelevant as the point is you do not need any of them anymore.

• Like 1

So they basically removed content by pretending to add content. Yeah I liked tames so if they take away the need for them I wouldn’t bother coming back. 

so much for “making sailing more important” 😂 I don’t get how people can be so clueless 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Atlaneer said:

How can you of never used an elephant? The only thing you really need is an elephant as everything else is easy to get and low weight.

Why do you need an elephant when you have a farmhouse the auto collects for you?

Post farmhouse it is not required but I'm sure some still use them.

16 hours ago, krazmuze said:

You can put a shipbox on your windmill now to get infinite storage, I do not see them making another building just to automate that, because as you noted they could have just made the windmill have infinite storage.  Which leads to the only reason for warehouse is to get rid of your beast transport. 

It can be just fake content. Splitting one funktion into two, just so it looks more.

13 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Why do you need an elephant when you have a farmhouse the auto collects for you?

Post farmhouse it is not required but I'm sure some still use them.

The farmhouse has only just come out so how you got on before hand with never using farmhouse 

15 minutes ago, Atlaneer said:

The farmhouse has only just come out so how you got on before hand with never using farmhouse 

Yes but we are talking in the context of farmhouse. Of course I used them before. The point is it is taking those tames jobs away.

I have thousands of stacks of wood to keep me going and if you have several farmhouses well you have more than you know what to do with.

Now it looks like auto collect into warehouse you won't need to worry about wood or most resources ever again. You will need a carry tame of course which I use giraffe for but could still use elephant to carry but its not their sole purpose.

Has anyone actually managed to put one down? When I try to place it near farmhouse it says "out of placement range" I've moved it all over the place and all I get is the orange colour. Sometimes it says needs to be on floor when I am on the floor. Tried to place it near shore area and still no luck. I've give up with trying to place it, more hassle than it's worth.

OKAY!!!! 

1 thousand foundation distance between each warehouse.....Ok so on my claimed Island as owner in E1 35pt island...we can only have 1 on the whole island....thats like them saying to the whole other group of non owners .......a BIG F*** you!   WOW okay DEVS you screwed the pooch again!  and again! and again! 

Hmmmm.....I sure hope you Devs have a BIG ASS rabbit to pull out of that hat of yours!   IMO I am not impressed one f-ing bit!

This game is ALMOST officially dead!  Nice job guys!  Killed your game before it even released! hahahahaha

7 minutes ago, warloki41 said:

Ok so on my claimed Island as owner in E1 35pt island...we can only have 1 on the whole island....thats like them saying to the whole other group of non owners

Yeah they missed the mark on this one.

I just pray the "new optimize ship system" isnt premade ships with single hulls and no customization. That really will kill the game.

Trying to stay positive and see what these new guys cook up, but damn each patch is getting harder and harder.

• Like 1

I think everything is eventually going prefab, which is gonna make pve completely pointless. Also pvp is still partly pve, ie building etc, so there are still things to do and plan when you're not at war, me personally i'd find it well boring with nothing to do but fight.

@Whitehawk

Im ok with functional items like the bank, farmhouse, warehouse being prefab.  (Would love to see a dock and tavern (for crew management/assignment)

But to completly remove base building and going prefab only is something i hope never happens.

3 hours ago, Gindorf said:

I just pray the "new optimize ship system" isnt premade ships with single hulls and no customization. That really will kill the game.

They do not mean optimal for the player they mean optimal for performance.   Drawing a thing that has hundreds of destructible pieces on it is much worse performance than a thing that is just one part.

Just now, krazmuze said:

They do not mean optimal for the player they mean optimal for performance.   Drawing a thing that has hundreds of destructible pieces on it is much worse performance than a thing that is just one part.

Oh I know and understand that. That is exactly what Im afraid theu are thinking too.

On 8/9/2020 at 9:48 AM, krazmuze said:

I think the warehouse is indeed for your dock base to have automated transport.  The graphical design is not something for attaching to a windmill, it looks more like a dockyard structure.   They will attach in a network hub sense is my thinking.   You can put a shipbox on your windmill now to get infinite storage, I do not see them making another building just to automate that, because as you noted they could have just made the windmill have infinite storage.  Which leads to the only reason for warehouse is to get rid of your beast transport.      They really should require sailors to run these things, but then they would need to beef them up so that they are not paperdolls.

Called it.   Good luck making gold as a weight breeder now!

Placed one this am.  Takes wood/thatch to power it.  Does NOT pull thatch/wood from the farmhouse.  Does not pull fast enough to keep the farmhouses going.  You still need to visit them to clean them out.  Says it is connected to 9 farmhouses, however, I only own 3.  With its large placement range very few players will actually be able to place one.  For most players, you will never get to use one.   Not really "automated" since it does not pull "fuel" and must be manually fed.  If your farmhouses are close enough to your base, stick with that, a resource box and a smithy and forget about the warehouse.  Waste of time and materials.

10 minutes ago, The Falcon said:

Placed one this am.  Takes wood/thatch to power it.  Does NOT pull thatch/wood from the farmhouse.  Does not pull fast enough to keep the farmhouses going.  You still need to visit them to clean them out.  Says it is connected to 9 farmhouses, however, I only own 3.  With its large placement range very few players will actually be able to place one.  For most players, you will never get to use one.   Not really "automated" since it does not pull "fuel" and must be manually fed.  If your farmhouses are close enough to your base, stick with that, a resource box and a smithy and forget about the warehouse.  Waste of time and materials.

This... ^^^

Your exchanging wood/thatch as fuel to gather other materials...  Overall seems like a push at best for me....

The radius between is just ignorant.  Farmhouse distance would be fine.