Sign in to follow this  
lordkhan4444

wipes

1 hour ago, lordkhan4444 said:

yes seasonal wipes just what this game needs, i always said quarterly wipes would be perfect for a game like this.

Anyone who's played pirates!: caribbean hunt would probably agree that instantiated small islands would do a lot better then trying to jam people into this bullshit they have ongoing right now.

Knew there would be regular wipes, said it over a year ago. I remember after the second wipe people were saying it will be the last one, there will be no more wipes and I said back then that there would be. You could see it coming because things are a mess and things need to change, for big changes comes big wipes unfortunately.

I don't mind them, I like them because it gives me something to build again and start a fresh but I will admit at this moment in time I am nowhere near engaged in the game like I was a year ago. Done most of the things, nothing much to do at sea other than kill SOTD so I spend very little time playing right now.

I particularly like this fantasy theme, with dragons, hydra, cyclops, mounts etc ... which gives a very cool aspect to the game.

Development plan is to make the game pure pirate, eliminating essences from the mounts, they want to remove those fantasy aspects of the game.
One of the coolest things I think is this ARK style with a pirate, for those who play PvP these future plans can be a good thing.
Unfortunately for me, all these changes redirect the game in a way that I would not like, since I really like to ride, bixo like ARK and venture to do things like yeti, dragon and hydra. I don't want to play ARK, I bought ATLAS because I like that style, but the path the game is taking is quite different with the vision of the new developers who arrived.
Perhaps this is the reason they spoke of, we may no longer have PVE mode in the future and that they had other plans for this mode.

Haha so now they went from "last wipe, promise" to regular wipes? Amazing. What a sad excuse to cover up the crappy development and the lack of content.

1 hour ago, Xantria said:

Any game that offers less content after a wipe is doomed.

Which is why many haven't come back. What they should have done was implement more content when everything went silent for 6 month. They would rather work on Ark though, they have no one to blame but themselves, Jat and Dollie at the top of the tree, they are the ones to blame.

• Like 1

As I said in the other post, regular wiping is not going to do anything positive for the game long term. It will just make more people quit the minute things aren't going their way. 'ahh shoot well let's just come back next season'.  

When a game allows for progressions, and time investment you have alot more to lose in pvp so you defend harder and you play smarter. With games like rust you just grief and grief because anything can be rebuilt in a day, any items can be refarmed in a day. 

If you like rust play rust, this is not that.

They could install a survival of the fittest style server for people wanting early game pvp constantly while allowing the rest of us to mature our companies and build our territory without the fear of wipe hanging over our heads every couple months. 

Wiping all the time in ea makes sense you need repeated testing of the games leveling progress and the trip from early to late game. But at release it makes little sense for a game that has a required time sink like breeding or ship leveling. 

If you want ocean pvp without commitment you have sea of thieves, if you want building and land pvp without commitment you have rust. If you want to commit time and energy to building a base and a company/tribe, bettering its tames and fighting the big fights you have Ark and Atlas. 

If you want regular wipes with accelerated rates then you should play unofficial. 

Gonna be honest, I've played every phase of this game and suffered every wipe.

I'm at the point where i'm not doing it again. I may have a look once it reaches actual release, which I cant see happening soon, they seem happy to milk the "Early Access" cash cow.

There's no point in playing if this is just going to happen over and over. All your progress, tames, breeding etc wiped. Whats the point?

It gets old after a while.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ghost Pirate LeChuck said:

I'm at the point where i'm not doing it again. I may have a look once it reaches actual release, which I cant see happening soon, they seem happy to milk the "Early Access" cash cow.

The reason i stopped. It is just not fun enough to do it over and over again from scratch. For extra laughs search for Jat's promises about the 2 year max EA 😛  Or the several road maps. Sucks, it had potential.