Sign in to follow this  
JDawg

Fix PVE island claims and company pts

The current state on island claims on the PVE server is out of control.

1.  Companies get way too many company points now to spend on islands, when I played previous and had only 6 to 7 members we could only claim a small like 32-35pt island off of A13, we had something like 43 company points total.  Now we have 10 members and we've got over 100 company points.  Enough to own a couple of decent size islands or 4-6 15-20pt islands.

2.  Upkeep on islands is insanely cheap now, most islands pay for themselves or close to it.  Which means they hardly ever come on the market, and when they do - they are swarmed.

3.  On server wipe for PVE there should of been a cooldown inbetween island claims ,24-48hrs before you can claim another island.  This would of prevented the insane land grab the first hours the server was re-opened after wipe.

4.  So many grids that have 1 island only, or just 2 tiny islands.  I understand the trench zones maybe, even though several of those also have 2-3 islands in them but there are so many that have literally 1 island only which makes that grid boring too and limits global interaction.
All zones with only 1 island - J1,K6,B9,K10,H11,K11.  All zones with 2 tiny islands - C1,K4,A5,A8,B8,B9,A9,F10,A11,B11,E11.

5.  PVE needs to have a limit on island claims, I don't really care how big your company is you don't need 6 islands.  My company has 10 people and I could claim 6 of the smallest islands too, or a couple of decent size ones and that is too much, especially when lawless zones are overflowing and rage quitting over lag and max tame limits.  So many poorly designed grids, with tiny islands or 1 island only in it and too many greedy companies with too many company pts to spend with no limits.

Allies of ours were able to claim a 57pt island with just 2 members in their company the day servers came up after wipe.  I just don't understand how that is even possible.  Good for them but really?  

Is the goal for the devs just to wait for companies to quit game because getting an island to call their own is next to impossible and they can't tolerate living ontop of each other anymore in lawless with insane ping and tames maxed?  While greedy companies have multiple island claims for use or for sale to the highest bidder?

• Like 1

Claiming islands is;

-A; Only for the few wich are online after wipes/new installs. Mostly not for EU players, since these drop in ridiculous times at this end of the world.

-B; Absurd how many islandpoints/islands can be claimed by a little company.

-C; Utterly useless on PvE in the way they are now. Next to the fact huge companies use these to train their members for PvP (wich they use as an excuse to remove buildings, even after they "ok'd" you), they are just not usefull.

In my opinion every single player should get a starterisland. Building by other people should be impossible. This way the playershops have way better chance to survive. These little islands have all mats x1 and are not that big. Lawless and freeports should be gone after next wipe and each grid should have loads of small islands, maybe they can be chosen BEFORE making a toon. 

The cosmetic vendor and his collegues should come available in the playershops.

Alliances between soloplayers (thus their islands) should be way more promoted and newly founded companies should be a lot more work/upkeep. If players decide to team up, their private islands should be wiped clean. The newly required island, wich costed X mats plus gold to aquire, is then some sailing away. After the sail to it, they get only a dock and self buildingrights. To let other players on their island, the founders need to contribute more mats/build/earn points/do quests to make special docks for their visiters. Sort of earning the rights to rent out spots on their island. The more people they want to let play, the more points/mats/etc they need to invest to earn those buildrights.

That's my 50 cents.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

12 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

In my opinion every single player should get a starterisland. Building by other people should be impossible. This way the playershops have way better chance to survive. These little islands have all mats x1 and are not that big. Lawless and freeports should be gone after next wipe and each grid should have loads of small islands, maybe they can be chosen BEFORE making a toon. 

Actually instanced freeports are the solution to the starter island.  They are great for building starter commons because you have only generic mats, and they are great for returning home for repairs especially with windmills meaning no more emergency harvests.   Just need to make them buildable/leveling grids just like they are in single player.

So I agree islands are too cheap. They should be more expensive and should encourage folks to company up.

Freeports should go away and be redone w more islands. Some islands should be added and scattered about be nonclaimable bit havs the freeport vendors/buildings include very similar to the B5 island.

Lawless should be gotten rid of and become claimable.

Can anyone explain to me the absolute insistance on soloplay on a multiplayer server? I can not fathom the NEED to play solo.

I have very much enjoyed two seasons in pretty large companies. Both companies come together for events, then basically went solo/duo/whatever the rest of the time. Big benefits with very little issues.

4 minutes ago, Gindorf said:

Can anyone explain to me the absolute insistance on soloplay on a multiplayer server? I can not fathom the NEED to play solo.

Ye, we started out with 5. When te news hit, they where gonna wipe again all except me left.

I think it's fair to say that this happened to most companies the last weeks. 

I personally dont mind being solo, allready done all questst except the FOY the second and third time. Hell, I'm not even sailing better then common brigs/gallies. 

To be fair, you started out with 5.

And the wipe thing, is going to be a while before it happens... if i had to guess either it will be with the ship update or after it, depending on if they can implement it without killing every ship. Even then we are talking a few more months.

2 hours ago, Gindorf said:

Lawless should be gotten rid of and become claimable.

You do that and this game will literally die.  90% of the people who do play this game pve settle in lawless to avoid the bullshit you have to deal with regarding the land claim system. 

If you do not have 1000 hours a week to sink into this game, and HATE the drama involved you stay in lawless.  Sure there is grief a plenty with lawless island being covered with half build trash, beds and signs, however some tool cant just remove everything you build 24 hours after ya place it cuz your on "HIS" island.  Same with the jerks who kill the stuff your trying to tame, then tell you only way you may tame on their island is if you pay a "tax".