GhostKB

Peacetime Griefing

Hey guys, just a quick question in regards to CoC on the Official PvP servers.

There's a lot of speculation between companies than once you island goes into peace time it's against the TOS to grief a island & I'd honestly like some confirmation on this matter. Because I see nothing in the TOS or COC about not being able to mess with your enemies during their peace timer, just because you can't kill them doesn't mean you still can't cause damage & be generally annoying for them.

So for some examples:
Turning of their farms / pop corning
Pop corning their unlocked boxes/ smithies 
Draining their towers while they're on aggressive with either a player, ship or submarine
Building random crap all around their island

The list can go on but those are the more generic ones, is their a grey area of things you can & can't do during a peace time in relation to the rules, if so where is it stated ?

Nothing wrong with any of that. Except I'm not sure in NPCs will shoot in peace time. Cant damage anything in peace time, and owner can remove anything on island within 24 hours of placement i think. So you might mess with a small company some, I doubt youd be more than slightly annoying to a big company.

Your really describing a way to mess with solos and small companys on lawless moreso than any usefull tactic against an owned island.

On 8/6/2020 at 4:13 PM, Chucksteak said:

Nothing wrong with any of that. Except I'm not sure in NPCs will shoot in peace time. Cant damage anything in peace time, and owner can remove anything on island within 24 hours of placement i think. So you might mess with a small company some, I doubt youd be more than slightly annoying to a big company.

Your really describing a way to mess with solos and small companys on lawless moreso than any usefull tactic against an owned island.

Your own npcs can damage your own structures in peace time, so submarine griefing harbours in peacetime is something real and annoying if you have cannons in your defense, I would call it somehow exploit, only way to stop that is to turn off every cannon in peace time, or putting walls around the harbour, which is annoying to take the boats out, some kind of dirty cold war out there. 

Last season devs plainly said "If you don't want your  defenses to shoot a target during peace.. then get creative with how to turn them off & on"

Its not exploit it isn't against TOS. 

Submarine in the harbor.. isn't against TOS.. but it is probably the hardest to counter as a defender.  They need to get more creative with anti-submarine  options..