Sign in to follow this  
Cpt.Yarrr

SOTD spawns

I really like a good seabattle, even if they come in with 2 squads at once.

I really DON'T like they spawn right in front of you. In my kisser. Not funny when sailing filled gally. 

Can the renderdistance please be fixed into a wider one, so we actually see them coming?

• Like 4

I do no think it is a render distance issue I think it is they are literally spawning on top of you.   Just like tornadoes and dolphins spawn on top of you.   You never see them over there, they are always where you are.   If they spawned away from you well it is a big ocean and you might not even see them on the horizon.

Its a combo of render range and sometimes they spawn a bit close for comfort.  I was hoping with optimization the render range could be increased while at sea so we can see ships further out. 

I don't think it is a render issue for sotd, I personally think you can't see them cos they are not there. And are only visible when they random spawn near you. The thing is though there is no way of knowing for sure, only the devs would know the sotd mechanics for certain. I really can't tell one way or the other.

I agree the render distance is pretty bad for the already spawned in ones (at least for Xbox x) and also they spawn ontop of you, both needs worked on ~ Another issue I have is that when people chase them to the border the ships just stay there they should program them to move away from the borders, by time you load in from another grid it can be a bad situation 

This is what I don't get, how do you know if they are already spawned, if you can't actually see them? It's like chicken and egg for me, but yeh my xbox version rendering is terrible too, islands etc are a nightmare unless I have the minimap going from the sextant. And the fog on my xbox is really just a screen whiteout, no depth to it.

A fresh spawned group is like a pearl chain and they dont move initially. If the group is ordered chaotic and driving in different directions, its an old pile of ships.

The render distance at sea got more then halft since release. The more you ask for making it bigger the smaler it becomes 😞