Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Pirate LeChuck

Tame Limit

It would be idiotic to have a tame server 10 companies with 300 would mean the guy with 0 can't have 1. But I am here checking the forums to see why they won't breed in c7 at the moment. Is there a definitive server pop cap on tames, if so why isn't it something that is common knowledge or apparent like the tame cap per company.  I've heard people mention this but I've just dismissed it as just the general idea of it sounds terrible.

Will be extremely annoyed if this is actually the case. Enough to maybe quit the game finally.

And now c7 is just straight down.. I'm hoping that your problem was just a glitch\hiccup

Edited by Sevas

Server tame limits have always been a thing, even in Ark.

The problem is that you cant see what it is and the only way to know if it has been reached is to either try and breed and they wont or to look at a wild animal and see if says its tamable.

An added issue is that even though the tame limit is reached meaning you cant tame or breed you can still bring additional tames into the server which forces you even further over cap.

In Ark it was fixed by people mass transporting tames to another server or if someone left the game we would just mass murder their tames with dragons to bring the cap back down. In Atlas there is no easy way to murder tames like you can in Ark so tames people don't want or need anymore either get stuck on wander and let go or parked in the corner. Only really effective way is to walk them onto campfires and leave them to die.

But yeah, server cap is a thing and C7 has reached it. What the limit is or how far over it is is anyone's guess but it will either need people to kill tames they don't use or move tames out the zone for it to be fixed. I don't see either happening. And if they did it wouldn't take long to be back to cap as people use temperate to breed bears as its the easiest zone.

Pretty screwed tbh....

Just like ARK, players want instant gratification but instead of dozens of tames to lay eggs for kibble, it's pigs for poop.  I asked in chat why one company needs 17+ pigs all lined up in a poop factory, when my 3 pigs supply me with enough poop to make fertilizer for all eternity.  Like "WTF do you need 17 pigs for?", and the answer was "For our 250 crop plots!", which leads to my next question: "WTF do you need 250 crop plots for?"

It’s 300 per company. With a shift away from tame usage it will only go down. So much for my 200 wandering bear island.

14 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

It’s 300 per company. With a shift away from tame usage it will only go down. So much for my 200 wandering bear island.

There is a company limit yeah but there is also a server cap. I am a single company player. I have around 12 tames in C7 but I cant tame or breed my bears any more because the server is capped. Two different things i'm afraid.

• Thanks 1

No.

Remove tames

Bears,giraffes, elephants etc need to go

Itll fix lag and make the endgame less of a zookeepers job.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NosBoss said:

No.

Remove tames

what endgame?

3 hours ago, Kummba said:

what endgame?

I thought zookeeper was the end game...

• Thanks 1

Well this makes sense. Just landed on C7 & thought I was doing something wrong when I couldn't even tame a pig or chicken. Boo. 

Edited by Juddo

On 8/7/2020 at 7:45 AM, NosBoss said:

No.

Remove tames

Remove ships would Further reduce lag. Same with Ressources, 1 Tree per Island should be enough.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ghost Pirate LeChuck said:

Don't take Luck0r's tames away lol

Don't Take Ghost's ships away lol

15 hours ago, Luck0r said:

Remove ships would Further reduce lag. Same with Ressources, 1 Tree per Island should be enough.

I mean with windmills and warehouses you do not need actual trees, they are not actually  harvesting ones that are actually there.   They even harvest things that are for sure not even there.

5 hours ago, krazmuze said:

I mean with windmills and warehouses you do not need actual trees, they are not actually  harvesting ones that are actually there.   They even harvest things that are for sure not even there.

I havent found that. If there is a node of that type within the circle they will harvest it. So if you have a rock that gives you stone flint and metal then it will harvest all 3, same with trees farming wood, thatch and if its the right tree sap too.. only takes 1 node to be inside the boundary and it will farm it. Haven't come across it farming things that aren't there.

1 cat can solve all you fertiliser needs no matter the size of your plantation. And when you don’t need the fertiliser it can catch bugs or fish. 

7 hours ago, Ghost Pirate LeChuck said:

I havent found that. If there is a node of that type within the circle they will harvest it. So if you have a rock that gives you stone flint and metal then it will harvest all 3, same with trees farming wood, thatch and if its the right tree sap too.. only takes 1 node to be inside the boundary and it will farm it. Haven't come across it farming things that aren't there.

Find me a location where your windmill gets no rock, flint, metal because I want to move there....I made every effort to make sure no rocks in circle and still got them.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ghost Pirate LeChuck said:

What about a pebble on the beach? That counts as a resource. I found a point that only collects wood thatch and fiber. Had to be really careful but I did it.

Then I still stand by my statement that it collects things that are not there.   pebbles on the beach only allow the player to collect 1 stone (x harvest multiplier) until it respawns.    I should find a very small number of stones in the windmill.  It should not be filling it with metal.   I have metal nodes for that I want just organics.  I am also drawning in coconuts even though these are a rare spawn compared to fiber.   Leave a player in that same circle for an hour and they would get magnitudes less coconuts.

Edited by krazmuze

D7 is also tame capped. I guess I did my part by not logging in for a few days and my bear & chicken got killed by a snake. You're welcome?