Sign in to follow this  
Tedster

Brig destroyed and Large Shipyard Gone

I play in the PvE server. I logged on today and my Brig that I spent all day on yesterday is sunk, I had not yet deployed it but it was totally completed, fully loaded with sails and cannons, steering wheel etc.  The entire shipyard is just gone too. 

No explanantion or anything in the changelog. I really need some assistance here. 

Untitled.png

Edited by Tedster

I'm sure I had that happen a long time ago while mine was in the shipyard, someone on the forum said to leave one plank off until you are ready to launch which I have done ever since. I'ts never happened again,, whether that is because I leave it unfinished in the shipyard now, I don't know. (I also leave the steering wheel till the last minute now too). It could have been a bug. Also I remember in pve people were able to drop things on the ships in shipyards and destroy them cos of a bug.

Edited by Whitehawk

17 hours ago, Tedster said:

I play in the PvE server. I logged on today and my Brig that I spent all day on yesterday is sunk, I had not yet deployed it but it was totally completed, fully loaded with sails and cannons, steering wheel etc.  The entire shipyard is just gone too. 

No explanantion or anything in the changelog. I really need some assistance here. 

Untitled.png

When did you place the shipyard? Maybe the landloard demoed it 😞

Edited by Kummba

7 hours ago, Kummba said:

When did you place the shipyard? Maybe the landloard demoed it

Less than a day before. I built another and caught the guy in the act, he was able to destroy the shipyard. Is that a thing though? Can the landlord destroy shipyards or is this a bug exploit?

This is the guy.

bitch.png?width=944&height=588

Edited by Tedster

8 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

Like the other person says it depends how long it's been there.

It was there for 3 hours, then destroyed.

If the island owners are going to keep doing this, then you need to find a better island. Or build on lawless. 

3 hours ago, Tedster said:

It was there for 3 hours, then destroyed.

If the island is claimed/owned by someone else, then they have a 24 hour period in which they can destroy new structures. 

Had you talked to the landlords prior to building there?  If not, they may be removing stuff for people they don't know or trust.  Or, they could just be mean and enjoy destroying other people's stuff; but it is still their right if they are the landlord.

17 hours ago, Tedster said:

Less than a day before. I built another and caught the guy in the act, he was able to destroy the shipyard. Is that a thing though? Can the landlord destroy shipyards or is this a bug exploit?

This is the guy.

Check your screenshot! This settlement/island (The Dancing Haven) is his/her (QWP.M T????), check the upper left info on your picture and the player info in the middle. As everyone else said, the land owners can do almost anything on their land, if you are there without their permission. You have three choices.

1. - Talk to the owner and ask him/her, to allow you to stay and let you build in his/her island. This is the protocol - and this is works - in almost every Settlements. But, even if his/her answer is yes and the owner is really a b*ch, he/she still can destroy your things in the very first 24 hours. So...

2. - ...leave this "doomed" island and find a frienly one, but again, always talk first with the owner there too.

3. - Or, go to Lawless region, find a nice and resource rich place, and rebuild your shipyard and ship. Lawless islands are crowded with abandoned bases and ships, but still can you find a small spot for your starting base.

(+1) - start again in freeport, find a some gold in crates/wrecks with ramshackle sloop, then find companies who sells ships and buy one. Of course the 1-2-3 choises are easier and better at the beginning.