Sign in to follow this  
ATLAS

Ask A Pirate Day. Q&A With the Devs #2

Of course that the DEVS don't play their own game. They don't know the shortcomings of the game. When the new team took over, they should have worked to make the game stable, rather than trying to trick the community by offering candy. If they understand the least of what is happening with this game, they would not be talking about new content, but about how to make everything work correctly.

Some of your pearls in this new section.

1 - Let's reduce the map to make the servers with more players available: Result: They forgot to check if the servers would support more than 30 players per grid. They forgot to assess whether it would be possible to have many players together building without limits on a single grid. And we currently have 170ping on empty islands and 250 on islands filled with 19 players. (^. ~).

2 - Let's create the farm:
Like, what's the farmhouse? This sucks for nothing.

When the community asked for a farmhouse, it was internal construction. To take care of the parcels.
Nobody wanted this thing that has no real use in the game!

It removed the value of natural resources that were once sold to the most needy, over-construction increased even more, each company that found a cool place put its farm there, and now we have the whole island clogged with farms. The reappearance of native animals has drastically decreased. ETC.

Among other pearls. Of course, this DEV team is really unable to create a balanced game that works correctly. I don't see a previous study, I only see impulsive people creating things like a child making a mess.

• Like 2

This Q&A (like the one before) does not instill any confidence. It has the opposite effect.

It's really hard to tell if that's not the intention at this point.

I understand that ships and naval is the focus right now, but have you considered making changes to land bases and flag settings, such as reducing the radius that it can be contested or where it can be placed(pillars to ground etc)

On 8/2/2020 at 12:22 PM, Juliocp said:

Of course that the DEVS don't play their own game. They don't know the shortcomings of the game. When the new team took over, they should have worked to make the game stable, rather than trying to trick the community by offering candy. If they understand the least of what is happening with this game, they would not be talking about new content, but about how to make everything work correctly.

Some of your pearls in this new section.

1 - Let's reduce the map to make the servers with more players available: Result: They forgot to check if the servers would support more than 30 players per grid. They forgot to assess whether it would be possible to have many players together building without limits on a single grid. And we currently have 170ping on empty islands and 250 on islands filled with 19 players. (^. ~).

2 - Let's create the farm:
Like, what's the farmhouse? This sucks for nothing.

When the community asked for a farmhouse, it was internal construction. To take care of the parcels.
Nobody wanted this thing that has no real use in the game!

It removed the value of natural resources that were once sold to the most needy, over-construction increased even more, each company that found a cool place put its farm there, and now we have the whole island clogged with farms. The reappearance of native animals has drastically decreased. ETC.

Among other pearls. Of course, this DEV team is really unable to create a balanced game that works correctly. I don't see a previous study, I only see impulsive people creating things like a child making a mess.

Yeah there's literally farmhouses and pillar spam everywhere now. It's about to get worse as well, now there will be warehouses.

I don't think they have any clue about how the game is balanced.. how it taking effort and time to get resources to build is what reduces island clutter and makes things have value.

Can't even do treasure maps now because every island is covered, pillar spam, pillar walls in the water, giant walls everywhere... It looks like minecraft on creative mode.

Can't break down any of the 10s of thousands of pillars surrounding the entire island because the island is in peace mode.

Oh and now they want to "fix" people docking/storing stuff in freeports.. because the trolls/griefers in the Q+A want everyone to be naked, and for anyone with half a life to never have a boat.

Yay.

Edited by SeroJ

The wording of that first question is interesting. Up until now I don't believe I've seen the devs (?) mention a "fix" without ensuring that they also say something about how they know freeports are used by new players, and that they benefit new players arguably better than megas who are "abusing" them which requires a vague "fix".

This "fix" would probably be similar to how they apparently intended to "fix" underwater fobs by patching back in cannon barrels.

Haha