SusanT

Can someone explain this tech issue please? It is something a lot of players have experienced with the map/s.

So I set up a place to breed bears, I know about breeding bears as it was a sort of hobby on the side before the last wipe that was promised to never happen again but, I ran across an issue with breeding that I am not sure if a few or a lot of players have dealt with, here is how it started.

Before the wipe I had no issues with breeding bears in M3 put 12 grills under the floor and anytime I wanted to breed didn't matter the time they bred but one day a guy came through and said " Can someone answer some questions about breeding bears please? " Oh, one of my most fav subjects in Atlas besides sailing which I can no longer do anyway, so one of my longtime friends was on too and he knows some things about tech crap as far as games go I do not but, this guy was having issues with breeding his bears, he lived in the Polar or whatever the very top and most coldest part of the map is, I told him to do the grill thingy and he said he has tried everything! My friend piped in and said something pertaining to, if your pen is too close to the edge of the ocean the map doesn't recognize you are on land, he went into some tech garble that I just didn't get and the guy said he WAS close to the ocean like right at the edge so he left I never heard from him if he resolved his issue but, my friend said that happens sometimes with planting certain things as well that would normally grow in the colder regions.

My issue, H grid, my pen was overlapping the ocean, couldn't get them to breed to save my life!! Talked it over with some folks that just didn't believe it had to do with the map not knowing to separate ocean from land and, I remembered what my friend had said so, I built another one! A big one just like that one that didn't work NO, didn't work, it was NOT touching water however it was in a cove but on land so, my friend on that grid said come on over and see if they breed here, she had such a simple little get up I was like " no way! " and, yes way, she had like eight campfires below and right above she had only a small room that the bears could enter and mine started breeding immediately, I guess they were frustrated with all of the waiting they did with me trying to figure out the map configurations but, I ended up  throwing down a wooden building not far from her place but, non intrusive and they freaking bred, this was waaaaay away from my area so, the map in that area for whatever reason would not allow me to breed on land, if someone can explain the tech jargon for the reason that would be abso awesome! Thank you in advance.

So if you hold the H key down itll show you the biome.

There is usally a small spot along the coast where instead of like Eastern Termperate itll say Temperate (which appearntly is an invalid breeding biome)

This has caight me a few times as well and it usally just big enough to cause this issue. To make matters worse it can be pretty inconsistant too along the coast.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gindorf said:

So if you hold the H key down itll show you the biome.

There is usally a small spot along the coast where instead of like Eastern Termperate itll say Temperate (which appearntly is an invalid breeding biome)

This has caight me a few times as well and it usally just big enough to cause this issue. To make matters worse it can be pretty inconsistant too along the coast.

Oh yeah I have noticed the inconsistency for sure along the coast, thanks for the advice though, I think in the future since I don't understand the tech part I will just throw up something simple like thatch to see if they will breed, not a lot of mats nor time I just thought it so odd though how it happens and all around me ladys were having baby bears left and right.

Edited by SusanT