Sign in to follow this  
DeathMother

What about in game safe play hours for start ups ?

So what do you think about a few hours of game play where nothing you own can be stolen/damage or destroyed for decent start ups ? I.g new character log in and you have a decent 100 hours of game play to set yourself up with everything you need for a decent go. 

That could get infinitely complex as you introduce new people to the company and depending on the setup could be exploited. 

I think better than that would be the ability for each person to upload one ship at free ports and download it at a free port. This would allow small groups to have quality ships and have a chance at the megas, which would hopefully shift gameplay away from mega tribes somewhat.

Simply put:

GS wants you to be in a mega.

If you're not in a mega, GS wants you to get screwed.

Yay megas!

• Confused 1

Yeah I spose that could.... I didn’t think about that hmmm company’s could end up building massive basses but would be good in a way and could make people play together more. After all it would be a handy way to make awsome companies. 

On 7/29/2020 at 10:48 AM, DeathMother said:

So what do you think about a few hours of game play where nothing you own can be stolen/damage or destroyed for decent start ups ? I.g new character log in and you have a decent 100 hours of game play to set yourself up with everything you need for a decent go. 

There is PVE for that play style.  Else you could just start a new character, have someone give you a level 120 canonbear and you'd kind of be invincible.

• Confused 1

I think they shot themselves in the foot a bit with the new map.  While I like it as a veteran thats been around since week 1 I can see its not ideal for new people.  I just wish they could find a way to increase FP space and what new players can do in the confines of this space before venturing out into the unknown.  I think that is why Eve can works so well.  People have that security blanket when needed, but no cap ships allowed.

Edited by DocHolliday

In some games you can't participate in pvp until you are a certain level, which I feel they could implement in Atlas. I've played some games where players will literally wait for you to re-spawn just to kill you over and over again. What a stupid game mechanic that is, they only have to change the re-spawn area for players to stop it. At least Atlas doesn't do that.

1 hour ago, Whitehawk said:

In some games you can't participate in pvp until you are a certain level, which I feel they could implement in Atlas. I've played some games where players will literally wait for you to re-spawn just to kill you over and over again. What a stupid game mechanic that is, they only have to change the re-spawn area for players to stop it. At least Atlas doesn't do that.

Ark*Cough*Ark.....

Just make the freeport grid and some adjacent grids pve. 

Turn freeport into an archipelago of lots of tiny islands with claims that cost alot of gold and actual materials to maintain.  

The devs may as well just turn official pvp into pvpve cos even the "hardcore" pvp megas are hiding in freeport.  Just pull the trigger and make it official.  Otherwise these "pvp companies" are just gonna continue this larping BS