Sign in to follow this  
PEGLEGKILLAZARD

NO XP ON KRAKEN

OK this is stupid so basically  thee xp grind is going to be horrendous and all the reasons to do stones or anything is really gone at this point they are killing the game come on wake up and realize how bad your pushing the game away from us  why play if there is no reward

• Like 1

Yeah, not sure what the hell the reason for this is.  sigh.

Well most likely somebody was somewhere crying again about it's not fair that a group of players can use the XP gain as they are fast equiped to survive this fights because of their knowledge of the game. The once who are new and playing solo don't know about things so they call it exploiting.(well yes there where exploits that got used but most players just do the boss fight to get the achievements the way it's meant to be played)

The most complains sound always like NA server because there are only 2 fractions of mega tribes?

I would say 99% of all players where good with the yeti and kraken achievements and had some fun traveling there, fighting it and getting the well earned benefit.

What makes it even worth for new players and small groups is the XP buff from music. If you play 4 humans as band you can get up to 2,5x amount XP. To figure this out and do it in the right way is the difficult thing. You have to know that as band you can basically play red songs without hitting any key correctly. But you also have to know that dancing can mess up all this very easy.(common before yeti fight is that the group gets told: Who ever dances get killed) The buff duration of a band playing red XP song can last about 10000 seconds. Even if a new player knows about NPC playing music he will not know that the buff is reduced.

By the way, you can beat the kraken with one brigantine but maybe 2 are better depending on the ship level and quality. So the kraken fight can be played solo or in small teams like 2-4 players. Now you have taken away this XP gain from small player groups.

* Good Job Devs. God Job small NA complaining players about megas.(*sarcasm off)

As this game is based on a huge amount of knowledge you can of course try everything your own(survive somehow) or learn the fast way with joining expirienced players.

You could get from 80 level to level 120 in like 3 krakens. How they couldn't foresee everyone would just farm kraken and patch that shit out along with the yeti?

More to the point if anything this just goes to show how bad the level system is when basically everyone would rather just take the short route. In a normal game the skill tree is there to specialize your character, in this game by the time you have the HP and Stam to be a viable contributor to pvp you basically have every skill in the game so what’s even the point of having a skill tree in the first place if it’s not there to specialize your character?

All it does is pve lock pvp content and make a massive gap between new and old players. Not to mention all the other retarded side effects, like time to kill because people have way higher hp then the weapons were originally balanced for..

You could get from 80 level to level 120 in like 3 krakens.

...a-a-a-and 1650 discoveries points which you anyway have to earn somehow : )

51 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

...a-a-a-and 1650 discoveries points which you anyway have to earn somehow : )

Its like 1150. The powerstones can be done in 2-3 hours and you can get the rest of them just by jumping lawless islands or doing trenches.

what an amount of false information here...

there is now way to make all 9 power stones in 2-3 hours even if you have a company of 300 players. The islands and spawns of dragons and hydras are the same like season 3  but it takes you very often lots of time to kite them to your ship to kill them. Of course with 100 and more players with carabine you can kill everything with enough amounition and repairs for the wepons. Than you have to do the cave which is often blocked by fire and stone elements and cobras and bats.

I would say a very organized team can do this with 3-4 ships one day one. But a small group like 5-20 players will need about 15-20h easy.

Everybody had to learn the new map. Now some weeks in you can be faster of course. You have higher level and better/more gear and ships.

Also the Kraken kill requires a hugh amount of canonballs if you don't have the amount of players to use carabines. 

This is a MMO which allows faster progress the more players you have and the more expirience those players have. If you manage to kill the kraken several time because you have the ships, the crew, the weapons, the amunition and medi kits (and luck with the lightning) you are just playing good.

There is no reason to remove the XP gain. This is the way you should level up to the high level end game. The better you are the lower level you can be to successfull kill the boss. It's possible to kill kraken with lvl 30-40 but you can fail if you get hit 2x in a row from lightning. Lot's of players fail this even with lvl 70-80. So the difficulty is good. As said - the more players you have it's just easier.

At the start you have to coordinate the skills to get your gear. Later you can learn most of the skills but still not all.

Maybe the stats should be reduced to 200Hp and 200 Stamina instead of 300 for a better balance of PvP fights.

I like the new discovery point system as this is not to much for old and new players. Only for PvE there is less content remaining -> unfortunately not adjustable to the servers.

4 hours ago, Nacona said:

what an amount of false information here...

there is now way to make all 9 power stones in 2-3 hours even if you have a company of 300 players. The islands and spawns of dragons and hydras are the same like season 3  but it takes you very often lots of time to kite them to your ship to kill them. Of course with 100 and more players with carabine you can kill everything with enough amounition and repairs for the wepons. Than you have to do the cave which is often blocked by fire and stone elements and cobras and bats..

Get 9 keys either by have someone else on the boat when you kill the hydra or kill the hydra 9 times then sail 7 grids and deliver the keys...

@Nacona

Definitely do able in a small company within a few hours. Have the group farm a bunch of keys, split em and have 1 boat run 1 way, the other the other way and bed hop between the two when they arrive.

Its all about being properly setup/equiped (and yes with common weapons).

On topic:

The XP removal is disappointing becuase theres no real reason to rerun these fights now. Want levels, its map grind map grind and more map grinding.

Yeti and kraken should reward xp, just not near the numbers they were and v2 should reward higher xp than v1.

But who knows, maybe they will make levels only impact skill points, and set everyone to a single base of stats. (But that would require making make BPs useful with better stats than now..)

Since there is no XP there should be a buff to the loot that is dropped which would then be fought over.

Yeah we need a reason to run the Kraken on a regular basis otherwise it will just fade away as the server ages.  Sure you'll have new characters or people who pushed it off doing it, but the frequency will drop dramatically.  Besides.......they want more ship combat.  Having companies fighting over running it is a good way to promote that. 

Edited by DocHolliday

5 hours ago, Pant said:

Get 9 keys either by have someone else on the boat when you kill the hydra or kill the hydra 9 times then sail 7 grids and deliver the keys...

So you can deliver the keys in 2-3 hours i agree. But you would have to use an  exploit to reset the timer^^ Also you can't kill hydra or dragon 9 times in 2-3 hours too. You can of course help one player who gets supported by others but i said this based on a group who all want the reward. Also you could create several accounts running them at the same time to get more artefact keys.(exploiting?) And of course you can make 9 ships out of one... easy^^ Don't take this seroius. Again if you join a mega there are lots of players who will help you getting the stones or now lots of mega players figure out the new best way to get to lvl 120 again.

@Gomez Addams the patch note says no XP at all. I think we have to test this as we and maybe the devs don't know if it is working as intended. This is because we are the aplha testers of this game but we have to pay for this exclusive expirience.(well  it's a great and fun game so far) But you can be sure the megas testing this first on PvP will not tell you. Because knowledge is the way to win.

like how do you get the idea to open your map... pick up a barrel... jump into water ... open map again ... to get two barrels(should be fixed now) There are so many creative players outthere with the only mission to hunt some bugs(for abusing) with testing 100 of hours stupid things to dupe. They even managed to dupe with fast travel....

@Nacona

Again with the fake news. Ever try harvesting the hydra then seeing if it respawned? (Spoiler it can and does). No need to cheat with timer exploits.

Multiple boats, split the keys, use lowest timed keys 1st. We have cleared all 9 in less than 2 hours without exploits.

Now I will yield that doing it solo would be a feat and may not be actually doable in one go.

4 hours ago, Nacona said:

So you can deliver the keys in 2-3 hours i agree. But you would have to use an  exploit to reset the timer^^ Also you can't kill hydra or dragon 9 times in 2-3 hours too. You can of course help one player who gets supported by others but i said this based on a group who all want the reward. Also you could create several accounts running them at the same time to get more artefact keys.(exploiting?) And of course you can make 9 ships out of one... easy^^ Don't take this seroius. Again if you join a mega there are lots of players who will help you getting the stones or now lots of mega players figure out the new best way to get to lvl 120 again.

@Gomez Addams the patch note says no XP at all. I think we have to test this as we and maybe the devs don't know if it is working as intended. This is because we are the aplha testers of this game but we have to pay for this exclusive expirience.(well  it's a great and fun game so far) But you can be sure the megas testing this first on PvP will not tell you. Because knowledge is the way to win.

like how do you get the idea to open your map... pick up a barrel... jump into water ... open map again ... to get two barrels(should be fixed now) There are so many creative players outthere with the only mission to hunt some bugs(for abusing) with testing 100 of hours stupid things to dupe. They even managed to dupe with fast travel....

We have done it.  Take several fast schooners, each with a load of keys that were farmed from an easy hydra island and sail to the various power stone islands and you bed hop from one boat to another and just run them in.  Just need a dozen or so people and 5 ships.  Last season, before the stones were all in the same region of the map, we had Kraken down before the first weekend and snowman before the next.  We are, after all, the Wet Bandits. 🙂

On 7/29/2020 at 8:20 AM, Pant said:

You could get from 80 level to level 120 in like 3 krakens. 

This is so bullshit.
Kraken v2 gave 290k xp (with EQ buff) * song (so 500 to 714k xp) after first reset of levels. It was 50% more before. Thats based on the XP i gained for the kills. Could be that the missing XP was from the quest, but i doubed that.
so with a full band song it would have taken about 11 kraken v2 to go fom 80 (770k xp) to 120 (~9.x m xp).

For DPs, you do powerstones, kraken v1 and all essences with trench discs and you are basicly max 120.

I did all powersstones solo myself, kited hydra to ship and drowned her, that was with basic schooner. I did 3 kills then i sailed the keys (most in E7 - all spawns near, some in G5). No reset of timer required. I only died once in the cave, all other runs were first hit. On old o7 i did 2 dry runs before the proper one. It was about 1PS/h solo. In the beginning i often was the only player in GA grid, now with that many it might be easier or worse.

• Like 1

yea i bet a lot of playerbase left or at least plays a lot less because of that, a week or 2 of fighting kraken and other players for xp just wiped because devs felt like it..  I agree it was too much xp, but just fix that.. don't wipe player levels like wtf?

Edited by Sykotech

There's nothing left to do except grind maps for stupidly low XP and wait for the next wipe which we'd all better hope will be sooner rather than later. Nearly 80% of all blueprints are useless in PvE, giving even less incentive. No point in breeding tames for superior stats and mutations when the certainty of another wipe is all but guaranteed. Exploits and duping not fixed BEFORE the wipe led to this disaster. All players gamewide are punished and hobbled.

The basic premise of a game is to provide fun. Atlas is struggling to barely accomplish that.

Just wipe it all again. What have you/we got to lose at this point.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kummba said:

This is so bullshit.
Kraken v2 gave 290k xp (with EQ buff) * song (so 500 to 714k xp) after first reset of levels. It was 50% more before. Thats based on the XP i gained for the kills. Could be that the missing XP was from the quest, but i doubed that.
so with a full band song it would have taken about 11 kraken v2 to go fom 80 (770k xp) to 120 (~9.x m xp).

Thats without the exploit...