Sign in to follow this  
monkguru

Devs have 0 sense of direction

Anyone can claim a piece of an island, No, ok too messy. Take all flags away. Only 1 flag per island now. People upset, not enough islands, only megas claims. Add more islands, twice if I'm not mistaken. Opps, too much sailing, take away alot of grid = take away alot of islands. Not enough islands. Too much grind? ok. Farmhouses. No need to have people on your islands paying tax now, no need for tames either, unless you want them, maby pvp. You choose. NO balance, still no fixies!

Its 2020 now, things change, mostly player numbers, but also number of devs for this game.
What stays is the need to reduce server cost and to deliver some fake content for sale period 😞
Next big change anouncement before black friday boys.

There is your direction.

I think they just have lack of resources and try to do maximum things with minimum costs : )

But really they should somehow increase their resources, because game require ALOT of changes, improvements and new staff.

Edited by George Catcher

Trouble is the way it comes across to me is Ark is their main game and I wouldn't be surprised to find out alot of the money raised from Atlas also goes to Ark, I bet much of Ark money doesn't come Atlas's way.

Got a sense of this when it went silent for months to work on Ark DLC, Jat and Dollie pulled from Atlas to go back to Ark. What they should have done is kept regular streams going on Twitch which costs nothing.

Now they have added farmhouses it has taken tames away from the game apart from bear maybe but alot of it is collected automatic. I just hope they add alot more content in PvE. I'd like to see ship battles and jumping onto NPC ships and they fight you, wishful thinking though.

8 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Trouble is the way it comes across to me is Ark is their main game and I wouldn't be surprised to find out alot of the money raised from Atlas also goes to Ark, I bet much of Ark money doesn't come Atlas's way.

Got a sense of this when it went silent for months to work on Ark DLC, Jat and Dollie pulled from Atlas to go back to Ark. What they should have done is kept regular streams going on Twitch which costs nothing.

Now they have added farmhouses it has taken tames away from the game apart from bear maybe but alot of it is collected automatic. I just hope they add alot more content in PvE. I'd like to see ship battles and jumping onto NPC ships and they fight you, wishful thinking though.

ATLAS was a gamble that didnt pay off. You dont stay on a sinking ship when your career in game development is on the line. They lucked out with the success of ARK despite its issues and thought they could reproduce that success by ripping a DLC into a standalone that flopped. They gave it the gold ol Magikarp try and then fucked off back to ARK where there is still a decent cash flow.

The problem is obvious, none of wild card or thereof are people friendly. Or they would respect their own community enough to keep in touch. All their games were gambles, all early access titles are. They just got semi lucky using a formula with Ark, that they are trying to reproduce with Atlas, and its not going to fly anymore. While I agree what your saying, I do think they will milk the cow as long as they can, the same way they did with Ark. I mean If you played Ark from the beginning and thought it was going to go the way it did you be lying to yourself. Only with Ark there was sort of a cohesive direction. Farmhouses, just show like Kummba said, Fake content. They don't even care how it affects the game with little to no thought. Certainly Both Ark and Atlas are way more grindy than they ever needed to be, but to be counter productive to many systems in place at the same time is like revisiting the claim flag mess in the beginning. They are taking advice from all the wrong people. And lack simple thought and testing. They cater to megas as thats their free marketing platform. That is and has always been their biggest issue.