Hahahaha! The hell this guy is a Pharaoh! 

But if I talk seriously I see the only solution, and no one likes it! To cancel all "Minecraft" construction and introduce premade buildings.

- Those different houses.

- 2 sizes (small and big ones) and 2 materials - wooden and stone.

- You can enter there, there are windows, doors, etc.

- The only "constructor" type left is roads, walls/gates/fences, and pier infrastructure. 

- There is also... some kind of foundation - flat area with slope edges.

The buildings I see are:

- Small/Big tent for beginning. There is a campfire and bed inside. Shelter and respawn.

- Tavern - with cooking spots, food/water storage, beds for respawn.

- Storage house - with storage boxes.

- Workshop - smithy and mortar+pestle. 

- Sewing workshop - tannery and loom.

- Blacksmith - forges.

- Wharf (sea smithy for ship production).

- Living house (for inland crew).

- Tames nursery house (for those, who wanna breed).

- Some farming infrastructure.

- etc.

And maybe - custom house, which is a house and you choice which equipment to put inside).

The building process is simple. You put your foundation. Then place building - like we do now with windmills and lighthouses. Then construction site appears. It requires some (alot) resources for building complete. We bring resources and after some small time period building is complete.

pAgxLBQ.jpg

kQ3CHNz.jpg

9vAzOO2.jpg

Yeah there will be way WAY less creativity, and we no longer be able to create our arty designs. But hey! Really! Are we playing Atlas for this?

cA0qmMY.jpg

Or even this?

FewOjcv.jpg

Really? Maybe we go Sims-4 instead?

The advantages of my idea are:

- No more monstrous, weird, ugly, or just simple cube bases. We all will live in small villages.

- All will be polys optimized. No more server stalls.

- We'll have less time for construction and more for all other staff (there must be other stuff tho, like seas and inland quests etc).

- Devs will be able to introduce different styles of buildings like southern styles, Nordic styles, Asian styles etc, and release them as DLCs to get xtra income.

• Like 1

As someone on Xbox that's lives in C7 ya it can be really crappy but I'd rather deal with 250+ pings, crappy lag, and rubberbanding than prefab buildings. I play to build and very little of the sailing is of interest to me. 

Did he reach his build limit and that's why centre is unfinished? Be funny if true.

• Like 1

You know what I've noticed recently?

Most of players in PvE are actually play this way. They do not seek adventures. They do not preparing and involve themself to endgame content. They don't build and level ships for seas battles. Do not craft a stuff for high level maps. They do not do the quests. They just play "Sims" and "Happy farm". They do building (alot) and then taming/breeding. Then selling tames to eachother so they could do their buildings more efficient way. Play this way for a while.

Then drop the game!

So this Pharaoh guy it the great example of what players do in PvE. I mean not all players, but there are ALOT of them. Most of them! And... well IMAO, devs really should do something with that. I mean If they wanna give us the PIRATE game...

(I mean I'm not judging, everyone find their way to play but... we've already got ARK for breeding, sims for building! And yet don't have any pirate MMO except SoT which I don't like the concept. And if DEVs continue to improve tames and building aspect of the game instead of sailing, we just wont have any pirate MMO we promised).

p.s. - Spent some time today at this C7. Funny bug - the server can not handle it and it's still daylight at 22:00 (10pm). After that it's switching to the night within like 0.1 sec lol.

p.p.s. - I don't know why so many players cover theirs shorelines with foundation spam! But they make bottles unavailable. And these time it's SO DIFFICULT to find purple bottles. Last time I found one after I make circles around 25 islands! And I saw like 5 purple bottles under foundations. Thanks alot. I hope those foundations serve you well. 😦

Edited by George Catcher
  • Thanks 1

You know what I have noticed?, all the pve players paid the same amount of money as the pvp players did for the game. And equally have the right to play how they choose to.

• Like 3

And equally have the right to play how they choose to.

As I mentioned above - I'm not judging. I just feel a bit sad because I personally came to sailing romance MMO, the world full of dangers and adventures and then...

- Islands go to way less dangerous state so ppl could build (I mean I don't remember when I last time felt danger in my island)

- We got more animals for taming/breeding.

- We got farmhouses now so players could do more building...

Where is sailing? Where is adventures? If DEVs mean it!? If they do the game which is a mix between minecraft and sims (or as some say - Atlas is ARK just from another view direction)? They should make confession about it. They should make it clear. So all players who loves sailing romance and want THE Game, would stop suffer from their unfulfilled hopes and dreams, delete game and wait until next one will come up.

The render range in this game is rather stupid.  Case in point.  I have a huge rock in the bay my base is at.  Even when I am standing almost next to it I cannot see it much less avoid it.  Which is why I surrounded it with buoys.  Frankly I don't care about seeing other people's stupid structures as much as rocks that could damage my or even sink my ship.  I think they should be rendered with less quality and not pop-up unless really close or you're on foot.

Edited by McDangles

On 8/6/2020 at 1:07 AM, McDangles said:

The render range in this game is rather stupid.  Case in point.  I have a huge rock in the bay my base is at.  Even when I am standing almost next to it I cannot see it much less avoid it.  Which is why I surrounded it with buoys.  Frankly I don't care about seeing other people's stupid structures as much as rocks that could damage my or even sink my ship.  I think they should be rendered with less quality and not pop-up unless really close or you're on foot.

Agreed, the render on somethings is just horrible. Im ok with bases rendering only when close, but rocks, sods, cyclons etc really need a further render distance than current. (Thankfully buoys render a good distance out)

This is inspiring. >.>

Our company makes small buildings a little distance apart. Basic, but practical. Kitchen house for filling bellies, a library to store the majority of crappy blueprints we'll never use, breeding pen, tamed pen, a few tamed on neutral outside to beat on any hostile spawns, docks built a distance away to park our ships, and of course the main workshop.

If he can build it, it's allowed, whether people like it or not.

Edited by Xantria
beep boop
  • Thanks 1

They want us to be more at sea they say and less on land, well they should bring in a build limit or some sort of build ranger like a flag or 2 to build in. I've gone past islands with big structures and dear me the lag is unreal. Yes people can build how they want but what people must remember  it effects other people aslo.

I have no problem if people want to build high into the sky, if so the devs must fix this and stabilise the game because it is no fun for others. I have a rtx 2080 and even I have to drop settings down to get decent fps. People like to build I get it, me to but I also think about other people and limit what I build. 

People paid for the game with their own money though so if it is allowed then they will do it, it's upto the devs to sort it out and it's been like this for a very long time, since release. I've noticed the lag for as long as I can remember. I wish people had more consideration though towards others.

Edited by DannyUK

Yeh most mmos have company's that are area hogs, as long as they are not griefing I don't really care, but yeh the lag is pretty bad. But as people say this is an issue for the devs to sort out. its all great going on about roadmaps etc, but if people cant log in or play when they do then the roadmap is irrelevant. roadmap = ea pyrate game, buggy.- ea pyrate game more content, no fixes = more buggy. ea pyrate game, even more content, no fixes = broken.....

We also had lags before the wipe when we drove into our port on K7. But when the structures were loaded the game ran smoothly.
Then the structure limit of 8500 structures came with a patch.
We had to find out that we were partially with 14K structures.
We redesigned the base and the port and reduced the structures until we were under the limit.
Result we were able to enter our port.
Now the question is where is the structure limit on the current server in C7? Why can someone disturb the performance of the server so much that all other players in the grid have to suffer.
Surely that cannot be what Grapeshoot intended? Or is it?
Do you want to make PVE so bad and only play PVP?

He's going to get sick of it.  I had built a mega structure as well at one point.  It was basically a massive box with a roof to keep people from falling into it from the neighboring cliff.  Probably the reason why his pyramid panels are not finished yet is they will keep disappearing.  That's the problem I had with my ceiling panels.  I think if they aren't near a wall or foundation they just disappear after a certain time limit.

That's the problem I had with my ceiling panels.  I think if they aren't near a wall or foundation they just disappear after a certain time limit.

No it's not time limit. It's a bug. It's when you do some demolition and construction around - some roofs and ceilings near are randomly disappearing. This one was here since season-2.

Just remove the game trying to render in objects you cant "see," that will improve lag issues tremendously.  Currently it tries to render everything in a grid regardless of its it's blocked or not.  Notice how u can sail up to a bear farm and see 200 bears floating before you see the building?  That's what needs to be fixed.