Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

3 questions about current game.

1) - How do you know how many additional ship levels will bring better quality shipyard? I mean if it is all about shipyard sturdiness, then how many % gives +1 lvl? And yeah, my very first ship from usual shipyard now got 41 lvl, and still gaining exp. I hired some crew of damned lvl 135 and they simply do not level and all their xp stays at zero (I personally would love to see either quality shipyard gives the + levels (like common one - 41, fine - 43, journeyman - 45, masterworks - 47. legendary - 49 and mythic - 51). Or it's like fine provide 41-43 depends on stats, journeyman gives 43-45... etc.).

2) - How does all those captaining skill work? I mean "cheaper crew", "rationing", "maintenance". Are they works only when I staying on the ship? Or they start to work when I'm at some distance from the ship? Or it works for all my company ships?

3) - How many discoveries are in the game right now? I see this 552 number - but those are just "zones" discoveries. There are also 30x2 for whales, 40x8 for powerstones etc. I mean I wanna do this "veteran explorer" quest for 25% of atlas discoveries points. I already have 398 discoveries points and still didn't complete this quest! Are there 1600 in total or even more? Or for veteran explorer we need 25% of all those endgame points, like kraken, yeti, powerstones etc?

Edited by George Catcher

5 hours ago, George Catcher said:

1) - How do you know how many additional ship levels will bring better quality shipyard? I mean if it is all about shipyard sturdiness, then how many % gives +1 lvl? And yeah, my very first ship from usual shipyard now got 41 lvl, and still gaining exp. I hired some crew of damned lvl 135 and they simply do not level and all their xp stays at zero (I personally would love to see either quality shipyard gives the + levels (like common one - 41, fine - 43, journeyman - 45, masterworks - 47. legendary - 49 and mythic - 51). Or it's like fine provide 41-43 depends on stats, journeyman gives 43-45... etc.).

2) - How does all those captaining skill work? I mean "cheaper crew", "rationing", "maintenance". Are they works only when I staying on the ship? Or they start to work when I'm at some distance from the ship? Or it works for all my company ships?

3) - How many discoveries are in the game right now? I see this 552 number - but those are just "zones" discoveries. There are also 30x2 for whales, 40x8 for powerstones etc. I mean I wanna do this "veteran explorer" quest for 25% of atlas discoveries points. I already have 398 discoveries points and still didn't complete this quest! Are there 1600 in total or even more? Or for veteran explorer we need 25% of all those endgame points, like kraken, yeti, powerstones etc?

1: https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Large_Shipyard

They should also make all blueprints give slight buffs. Like +5% for a green ammo box and +20% for a mythic to dmg or a weight reduction to cannon balls or something.

2: Ship maintenance: Would assume dmg from sea travel is reduced by X amount while at the wheel, based on the ones I know that work.

Cheaper crew: + to the timeframe crew take to eat gold out of your resource box when you are steering a ship.

Crew education: + time it takes for water to get into your ship while steering a ship.

Talented crew: +sail rotation -sail folding/unfolding time while steering a ship

Rationing: - to food use while steering a ship.

Efficient repairs: - to time the it takes for the smoke that appears on a destroyed structure to go away for you to replace something like a plank

AFAIK all of these are for the person steering the ship only. Maybe they double if someone's at the LT post. But if 10 captains are on a ship and no one's at the wheel, no buff.

3: https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Level See unlocking levels with discovery points. There's quite a few.

Ok I finally got this veteran explorer quest and got the answer of how many discoveries point in the game!

It's either 1562 or 1565.

I've got this quest done when I hit 414 discoveries points, but as far as "landfall" gives us 2, It might come with 413 as well.

you only get DPs from

Discoveries 2

whale 28 (once each)

powerstones 38

kraken v1 148

essences 38

Kraken v2 148

all quests count as a discovery too, so for the whale kill you get 30 DP in total.

This is pretty acurate, but not 100%
unknown.png

With this you would need 1650 discovery points for level 150 and 1650 / 4 = ~413 so you need that amount for veteran explorer.

but in total there are way more discovery points to earn.

For ship quality, its not 100% clear, but people go after this: (only durability matters, actually current HP of SY matters, so repair before use)
unknown.png

Edited by Kummba
  • Thanks 1

I just remember another question I'd like to ask.

When you level your tames - does damage stat worth to put points in to?

I mean it's usually 0.9% per point, so it'll gonna be 28.8% in total (not really great number). It's like I can raise my tiger damage from 140% to 168.8% and it'll gonna up from 40 to about 49 damage (or with battle against strong enemies from 20 to 25). And I'll sacrifice all additional health, stamina and weight.

For ship quality, its not 100% clear, but people go after this: (only durability matters, actually current HP of SY matters, so repair before use)

(sigh) I wish devs to clarify this issue! I mean if they DO know how it works lol.

21 hours ago, George Catcher said:

When you level your tames - does damage stat worth to put points in to?

I never level dmg, other then for a figher bear (when it got enough hp allready). The gain is just to low otherwise, but you might need to hit a dmg requirement to do maps.
Also for meat farmers, there are specific breakpoints, like only needing 2 bites instead of 3 for killing or harvesting an ele/giraffe etc. it might worth to spend some level to reach them.

Eyp. for tigers i go to 700 stam then alot of weight, and maybe stam to 900 later again.
But i breed my tigers, so i have higher melee (from imprinting) and even higer dmg from riders bonus. My current one does 71 dmg without any level spend, its 162 birth dmg btw.

• Thanks 1