Sign in to follow this  
RedWolfxD

Make Green Anchored ships invulnerable

So if you guys want the focus and energy of the game to be in "Ocean Battles"

you HAVE to make green anchored boats invulnerable.

Because atm people just "grieve" (sink) your boat when you're logged off (and don't tell me I'm a noob who can't protect his boat,

I'm sure that's why massive clans are keeping their boats in Freeports).

And you have to start over making a boat. So it is more difficult to get into the Ocean Battle thing,

when you have to make a new boat EVERY day!

So also: this is causing massive clans to store their fleets (and all their tames and loads of gear) in freeport servers,

causing lags and game crashes, and I'm pretty sure is what's prevented me from logging onto the game since last night, as I was last in a Freeport,

and obviously my boat (and all my gear and treasure etc) is gone, because of faulty game play mechanics.

So yeah, just thought I'd make the suggestion.

A better option than this that would also help with performance and having less upkeep is the system in place in Last oasis. In Last oasis you can upload your ship at the server wall, but obviously we can't have that in Atlas because of the Grid setup, but they could set it up so that ships can be uploaded and downloaded a free port. This way this game is more realistic in terms of real life time required to play the game and would become more accessible to everyone.

5 hours ago, Rofelo said:

A better option than this that would also help with performance and having less upkeep is the system in place in Last oasis. In Last oasis you can upload your ship at the server wall, but obviously we can't have that in Atlas because of the Grid setup, but they could set it up so that ships can be uploaded and downloaded a free port. This way this game is more realistic in terms of real life time required to play the game and would become more accessible to everyone.

Would be very easy to make freeport grid instanced for perfectly safety.   Each grid is its own server, and you are doing the equivalent of ARKs migrate to new server when you cross the shimmer.    All they need to do is spin up private instance servers like pretty much every MMO on the planet, they do not need to be big servers because they would be population limited.

Edited by krazmuze

Yeah they would effectively be using a system similar to sharding in MMO’s. For getting people into company its nice having everyone in the same server, but we could use lawless for that.

I was sort of hoping they were going to take the extra servers they no longer needed in the world size reduction and they would have created this system with multiple servers being used for load balancing free ports.