Sign in to follow this  
UtherPendragon

bug in atlas Can't get in any server

Hey guys, after a while not having played Atlas I needed to update it after the update patch I can't get in to any server not unofficial it official it keeps getting stuck at PrimalGameData_BP and then just stops showing the message joi ING failed, time-out connection... 

Any ideas on how to fix this? 

O wow you getting this too?? I was just coming here to log the same thing.

And what sucks is my boat is prob gone by now as I pulled into a Freeport tile just before this happened.

So I have to be honest, I am getting over this game. Like, I can handle the crazy hardcore'ness of pvp, heck it's

that challenge that makes it so addictive! But spending all that time making my boat, and sailing it, surviving pvp clashes,

doing treasures and getting amazing bp's, only for the game itself to take everything away simply because I can't log on anymore??

Seriously......think I'm going to stay away from this till the devs sort all the server issues out.

People having been encountering this problem since 2018. Still no fixes out there.

Maybe you guys should stop making "new" stuff (gathering windmill for ex) and first fix the stability and bugs of your servers?

So until that's done I'm staying away from this.

Conquering PVP is one thing, but you can't conquer "PrimalGameData_BP"...

I started having the same issue last thursday.   Right before the farmhouse patch.   Are you by chance playing in a hotspot?    I have three hotspots I play on and both Xbox and PC. And i get the same error message at the same time.   I called my internet provider and the best they can come up with is Atlas has changed programming to only allow ststic IPs.   Hotspots are not static and he also said he read tons of people are having the same issue all on hotspot.   I went next door and I can get on off their internet.  But not mine.  Very frustrating losing everything I worked for the first few weeks of the new season.  

I had this issue when i started trying to play official server end of 2019. I use hotspot/wi-fi too and my solution that works is using a VPN connection. This gives your connection to atlas server a static IP. I never thought about a static IP issue. Thanks for this tipp. Tried to refund the game after 20 hours in main menu that time but steam did not accept(only 2 hours playing allowed^^)

I hope some of you will help this to play atlas again. There are also lots of complains in steam forum about this. So if you can not connect first time to this servers or you played and it is not working use VPN. But be aware if  your game crashed when you play on a server already don't use the rejoin button. Always go with join and choose the server. It does not matter which grid you choose on the map as the games sends you back to the latest position.

I was able to play without VPN from December when I changed router settings and opened port etc to make xbox game bar usable.(most friends played Atlas on Xbox that time). But I have to use VPN now again because of the farmhouse update(v407).

Well in the meantime all friends changed to PC because of Atlas not playable on Xbox and based on that we use discord as the Xbox Game Bar is a total mess to use it on PC (not working) and it can't be used when VPN is activated either.

Edited by Nacona

I am unable to submit a bug report on this site - the page does not exist. Therefore, I am writing here. After the last patch (v407), I cannot connect to the official servers of the game, there are no islands on the world map in single player mode. Complete reinstallation of the game and checking its integrity in Steam did not solve the problem. Judging by the posts in this thread, my problem is massive. I'm waiting for a response from the developers officially in this thread, or in private messages.

Edited by RIP_PIRAT