Freesert

Farmhouses

So anyone can operate anyone’s farm house? Seriously?! They can’t open it and take stuff but anyone can turn them off? Wtf kind of sense is that in PVE?

Never noticed, is that possible? If so they have made them same as fires and cookers. That will have to change and it will if that is the case, won't stay that way for long. I knew what would happen when they released them though, everyone has put them down around metal nodes so it's impossible to put 1 down, only 1 close by. I knew they would spam them as close as they could. Nodes go all way up hill, little metal nodes and all you see is windmills, crazy.

Yep tested it with several places already. I freely admit turning them off and seeing what happen but I turned them all back on. Some people also didn’t realize placing them within foundation spam means they get literally a fraction of the collection efficiency. Welcome to the downside of foundation spam lol. 

5 hours ago, Freesert said:

Yep tested it with several places already. I freely admit turning them off and seeing what happen but I turned them all back on. Some people also didn’t realize placing them within foundation spam means they get literally a fraction of the collection efficiency. Welcome to the downside of foundation spam lol. 

had to foundation spam to put one of ours where it is, no flat ground otherwise. A fraction of resource collection is still more than none when we're not there 😛

Edited by themadratter

hmm, I will need to do more research but, it appears that our flag is gathering from other companies farmhouses.

7 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

they also need to add a pin code to these as our allies are taking everything out of them!

Sounds like they aren’t really allies 😂

So pretty much the farmhouses turned out to be yet another fail. Smh.

Well i called it, said there was gonna be problems with them but come on we all knew that right? Lol.

I've never even checked on mine yet, if anyone can take stuff out then I expect it to be empty on my return. 

The same thing happened to the smithy back in the day when there was no codes accessible to all. You would think they learn from these past mistakes. 

It appears that farmhouses belonging to a clan are contributing to that same clan's island tax haul. In other words, if a clan places 30 farmhouses on an island they own, and the tax rate is set at 30%, that clan's flag will fill with 30% of the farmhouse-gathered material in addition to resources gathered by settlers.

If nothing else is done, this at least needs to be changed.

• Like 1

Once again new little thing and its totally  broken unfinished or tested crap.

Really funny is that i can't build it inside my base too many of them in same area wtf.? So my neighbor have farmhouse build first and then i must find place outside base for farmhouse that's just idiotic. All can turn it off  lol 🙂 And why it needs wood or thatch for fuel?, those materials are most needed.

I really think game is alot more fun without farmhouses.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

they also need to add a pin code to these as our allies are taking everything out of them!

They need to change back to the old flag system with your farmhouse being your flag, and everyone being limited to 1 or a few farm houses.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 7:59 PM, lordkhan4444 said:

Yes there is a pin code on them, I checked earlier. I also tried to take things from other people farmhouse and does not let you see inside so works as intended, at least on lawless. Don't ask me what they are like on buyable islands or if you have an ally, I have no allies yet so haven't tested but you can't take anything if you are on your own in lawless.

12 hours ago, Hexaron said:

Once again new little thing and its totally  broken unfinished or tested crap.

Really funny is that i can't build it inside my base too many of them in same area wtf.? So my neighbor have farmhouse build first and then i must find place outside base for farmhouse that's just idiotic. All can turn it off  lol 🙂 And why it needs wood or thatch for fuel?, those materials are most needed.

I really think game is alot more fun without farmhouses.

Well I guess you have plenty to complain about at least 😀

The Farmhouse needs I think just one piece of thatch for fuel initially to jump start it. From then on it just uses the stuff it harvests. No big deal.

It becomes less efficient the more foundations are near it and has a fairly small radius where it collects, so it would be plain stupid to put it inside your base. 

It can contribute to lag, just like any building, so really pretty smart that they limit how many can be placed.

Oh, it is an additional thing you can use, no need to, if you don't like them, simply don't make one.

Ya, the farm houses are idiotic, or maybe something else you mentioned is idiotic, I haven't decided yet.

6 hours ago, gadefence said:

They need to change back to the old flag system with your farmhouse being your flag, and everyone being limited to 1 or a few farm houses.

That is a good idea, although seems like that would work best if the flag/farm house is used to claim an area around it, instead of claiming a whole island. In the latter case, the flag is not always where someone's base is.

3 hours ago, wildbill said:

That is a good idea, although seems like that would work best if the flag/farm house is used to claim an area around it, instead of claiming a whole island. In the latter case, the flag is not always where someone's base is.

My idea was the claim flag claims 1x old flag and resource harvest/taxes 2x old flag.

6 hours ago, gadefence said:

My idea was the claim flag claims 1x old flag and resource harvest/taxes 2x old flag.

Yes, I totally agree. The claim a whole island thing is fine for PvP, in my opinion, if PvE, it should be just the area around the flag, or if the farmhouse is used, around it. I'm playing on an unofficial PvE server that uses the flag to claim island. Seems very dumb to me and not like PvE. Now with the farmhouses, they are wanting to limit it to one farmhouse per company per island. Would be so much better if the game just limited the amount of area you can claim and did it with the farmhouse. Not sure why that has never been a thing. Before the point system and claiming whole islands, there would be flags all over the place, since there was no limit of how many you could place. Same would happen for farmhouses, so if they used the farmhouse to claim land, there would also need to be a point system of some sort that limited how many you can build.

I can't see one good reason why others have the ability to turn off your farmhouse. Was this actually intended? I want to believe it was a dev oversight and not the expectation because if not, I am hard pressed to understand this mechanic. 

Can other players turn the lighthouse on and off? I've never tried but they operate in a similar way.

Just demoed mine. Pretty sure everyone can loot them because there was 6 storage boxes outside of it with various mats inside and it wasn't full after leaving it for hours.

No, you can't pincode them.

So it's like a campfire infinite materials cheat code for everyone.

Great.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:32 AM, DannyUK said:

Well i called it, said there was gonna be problems with them but come on we all knew that right? Lol.

I've never even checked on mine yet, if anyone can take stuff out then I expect it to be empty on my return. 

The same thing happened to the smithy back in the day when there was no codes accessible to all. You would think they learn from these past mistakes. 

lootable crafting stations are absolutely not the same thing, I don't think anyone wants pincoded smithies lol. not a mistake

So farmhouses suck, broken/op and imba... anyone can run up and loot a full base worth of mats and spam crap.

Edited by SeroJ
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, SeroJ said:

Just demoed mine. Pretty sure everyone can loot them because there was 6 storage boxes outside of it with various mats inside and it wasn't full after leaving it for hours.

No, you can't pincode them.

So it's like a campfire infinite materials cheat code for everyone.

Great.

lootable crafting stations are absolutely not the same thing, I don't think anyone wants pincoded smithies lol. not a mistake

So farmhouses suck, broken/op and imba... anyone can run up and loot a full base worth of mats and spam crap.

I didn't say people wanted pincoded smithies but if you played on day 1 you would know that's how it used to be 😉

What I am saying is they haven't learned from the mistake of past experience where everyone used to steal all your stuff from the smithy, same thing with farmhouse.

• Thanks 1

I did a first round of sailing stuff home, most of mine are unlocked now.

And the reality of windmills has occurred.

Solos endlessly spamming stone trash everywhere.

Atlas: Creative mode is something I definitely think sucks so far.

In PVE, you can't access anyone else's farmhouse. turn them off, sure. but, big deal, they fill up so fast, so what?  

What I don't like, is the farmhouse freakin spam on all islands.  

Just more shit to add to the lag. 

As an island owner, yeah, it's awesome all the resources...but, I'd still rather not see these abominations implemented to what...pacify non island owners?

• Thanks 1