Sign in to follow this  
Ranger1k

Listing something as one thing when its another is THE definition of false advertising

I sail across 6 grids

Thatch changes

Fibers change

Metals change

Rocks change

Flint changes

Wildlife changes

YET THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME 2 DAMN SPECIES OF TREE WITH 9 DIFFERENT APPEARANCES???????

COMON soooo LAME

🤨 boo

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Loo, sue those trees then!

Honestly I think the label issue is from the lack of a client update to correct tooltips. They changed em server side but need to push a ptach for client to reflect. (WoW does the same thing w tooltips)

• Like 1

Its been a month.. When does an accident become negligence?

I just wasted many hours interacting w this product being told i would receive 1 thing and instead received something different. "Check tree, says its strongwood, an ingredient i need. Chop tree its softwood"  Not isolated incidents. Significant time wasted. FIX the product. Period

Lawsuits HAVE been lost over this type of behaviour from a company

I have nothing further to say

• Haha 2

I agree though. We set up shop on an island that was supposed to have 2-3 types of wood, thatch, and fiber. But there is only 1 type of all of them even though there are 3 different types of trees and bamboo.  Oh wait, I did find 2 bushes on the edge of a field that gives hemp which is labeled as giving straw....

• Like 1

You know what's funny? Yesterday I was somewhere equatorial. And I found bushes. When I scan them they showed:

- Bush.

And then they contained like everything. Some berries, some vegis, some saps, some fibers and thatches. So with a bear there I could like have around 1000 each resource each swipe : ) The hell is that, lol? Game goes more to easy state!

• Like 2

Found the same, gone to get something and it's completely different. There is no excuse not to push a patch out and fix it, it should be something very simple to do changing labels. I expect problems to arise from the new farmhouse and buying ships as well.

Some games push fixes out every week, even if it's several small fixes but Atlas takes months to fix an issue even then some aren't fixed at all like taming. I have to say I'm not confident in the new team they have, they should have been on top of it straight away but I will give them the benefit of the doubt providing they fix labels in this upcoming patch this week, if not then I think they will turn out just as bad as Jat and Dollie.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

Fix your resource labels.

You ARE engaging in illegal activity

Period

HAHAHA no they're not. They're not selling you anything xD No transaction, no advertising, no false advertising...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, themadratter said:

HAHAHA no they're not. They're not selling you anything xD No transaction, no advertising, no false advertising...

They sold me an INTERACTIVE PRODUCT. Statement is valid. If you went to the store because they were "giving away fruit" and opened it at home and it contained lettuce DAILY for a month after REPEATLY ASKING FOR THE FRUIT how would you characterize it Billy bob?

Goobye i will NOT be responding

• Haha 1

Wow 22 cosecutive deaths since you all blew a gripe out of proportion. In 30 minutes

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

They sold me an INTERACTIVE PRODUCT. Statement is valid. If you went to the store because they were "giving away fruit" and opened it at home and it contained lettuce DAILY for a month after REPEATLY ASKING FOR THE FRUIT how would you characterize it Billy bob?

And when is that precisely?

• Confused 1

As soon as Doc cant think of an original name holliday stops pokin.

Im simply pointing out a simple reality (society is litigous) while venting my frustraion.

Doc wont shut up. Needs to change his name to 2cents the trolling lil toad

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ranger1k said:

No they didn't. They sold a pre-release product with the warnings of errors on the launch screen of the game.

If I went to a "shop"and they were "giving away" something they called fruit, and it turned out it wasn't, oh well - no sale made. No returns, no warranty, no guarantee...

You also said that there's precedent - show me the Case Law that found in favour of an end user due to mis-labelled items within a pre-release game, or stop waffling out of your arse. You might be venting but you're making yourself look like a complete arrrrrrshole, and a misinformed one at that.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, themadratter said:

No they didn't. They sold a pre-release product with the warnings of errors on the launch screen of the game.

If I went to a "shop"and they were "giving away" something they called fruit, and it turned out it wasn't, oh well - no sale made. No returns, no warranty, no guarantee...

You also said that there's precedent - show me the Case Law that found in favour of an end user due to mis-labelled items within a pre-release game, or stop waffling out of your arse. You might be venting but you're making yourself look like a complete arrrrrrshole, and a misinformed one at that.

A Advertising a service/ product free or not and intentionally misrepresenting it qualies for both criminal and civil penalties. Fact

B Is a civil law complaint..heres one... Eppileptic attacks and siezures, ...another one graphic content or nudity...heres a 3rd one general billing disputes... 

3 minutes and your evaporated buh bye

@themadratter go play w doc hes more your level

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ranger1k said:

Case closed i will not be discussing further

And I just got me more rum and popcorn.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

And I just got me more rum and popcorn.

I got ya bro!

@Ranger1k

A prosecuter wouldnt take the case. Only in egrious circumstance might the DoJ or another reglatory agency get involved.

In this situation, you would have to sue the company. Like Doc said, good luck finding a lawyer to take the case. You can always represent yourself, which is fine... just be careful of that "contempt of court".

Now to his other point, good luck finding a judge to hear the case. Most will either dismiss as lack of jurisdiction or because it would be a frivilous lawsuit.

Like it or not, the tooltip issue is just another bug from a development stand point. Yeah its a pita, but its not game breaking and tbh the fact it wasnt updated last night makes me think more changes will occur before they patch it to the client. This is the cost of playing early access, which is an alpha test btw, not a beta test.

Edited by Gindorf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ranger1k said:

A Advertising a service/ product free or not and intentionally misrepresenting it qualies for both criminal and civil penalties. Fact

B Is a civil law complaint..heres one... Eppileptic attacks and siezures, ...another one graphic content or nudity...heres a 3rd one general billing disputes... 

3 minutes and your evaporated buh bye

@themadratter go play w doc hes more your level

There's your downfall; "Intentionally" misrepresenting. S'not like you not being able to make all your BP's from one islands resource is an issue for the game...

Epilepsy, graphic/mature content come with warnings, much like the warning stating the game may have errors or not even work at all..."Pre-Release".

You didn't give me case law, despite claiming it existed..is that because you couldn't find any that fit these circumstances?! because frankly, you're talking codswallop and trying to seem as if you know what you're on about. there's no civil tort here, stop trying to assert that there is.... And I'm not some kid, I'm a guy with experience in law/statute/act/regulation/orders and knows that what you are saying; That someone could bring a court case against a game for "misrepresentation" of entities within the game is absolute nonsense. Not a judge in the UK or USA would accept such a stupid case into their courtroom. Or they would, just to humiliate you on the prosecution.

The game gives all warnings necessary, including those that say they aren't responsible for providing "customer service", and the one that says that the game or it's parts might not work correctly, or even at all. As I said, it's on the launch menu when you load the game - ignorance, is not an excuse in the eyes of the law. you are being ignorant to these warnings and expecting, ney, demanding that something be done about it, when frankly, you have NO LEGAL RIGHT to make that demand, and the game developers have every right to just shut off the servers if they want and discontinue support.

Terms and Conditions of Use and Service, my friend, i suggest you go and read them, and - if by continuing to play the game you agree to them. if you stop playing the game, well, they don't apply and you have no more complaint really.

Edited by themadratter
  • Haha 1

First if your a practicing legal professional then you intentionally swerved from the "free fruit" scenario to a "island BP discussion so you wouldn't have to admit your wrong lol. Boo 🤣

Epipilepsy, graphic and obscene warnings probably evolved from a series both civil and criminal complaints..... correct?

Your defense regarding this games issues is a warning "sticker" & disclaimer

Lets extrapolate this into a real wold scenario.. Lets have a buddy of yours write me up a sticker and disclaimer stating "i will take a shit on the desk of any double talking industry insider that doesnt appropriately address my concerns".. Or are those disclaimers only for companies?...

My point being,.. That every law, warning and etc needs scrutiny from time to time to ensure its still reasonable and not being abused.

During your self promotional rant you missed my point entirely. PRIORITIZE FIXING THIS PROBLEM.

Just because your peers scoff at it doesnt render it invalid. FURTHERMORE THE DEVs actively encourage feedback. Read thier posts...

Expressing my frustration and concern wasnt a threat, it was friendly advice that theyre getting into a grey area. Like warning a drunk friend not to drive...

You embarass yourself with youyr inconsistencies. Go write a 200 page contradiction filled human resources memo plz

Regarding your obssessive request fot "civil tort"... For years in our it county it was perfectly legal to burn a woman at the stake based on testimony from just 3 witnesses... Tort or the lack of provides zero proof of wrong doing

Now...... my threads have been both altered and completely deleted to such a degree that they misrepresent my original point, COMPLETELY UNDERMINING MY FAITH THAT THIS FORUM ACCURATELY REPRESENTS THE PLAYERS CONCERNS, therefore i rescind my previous offers to assist this company and will not be participating any further on this forum. One of you computer whizs look it up... This entire thread has been altered.

Edited by Ranger1k
Typos