Sign in to follow this  
Xsarec

I heard new map is like EVE Online, is this true?!

I have been watching a lot of videos on the new map and they were saying it is now like eve where you can build in safe areas but it is less lucrative and then you have the lawless areas where you can build and defend.  They said it is like EVE online, which would be great because we all know that modal works well.

Is this true are there safe build areas and PVP areas all in the same map!

My guild and I would love to return to something like that so when you wake up in the morning all your building are not gone, but can still engage in excellent PVP 🙂

Is the game balanced like that or are they just assuming? Also is there actually a new version of the map online I could look at, can't seem to find one.

Any help would be appreciated...

There are no 'safe' areas on a pvp map.  Period.  The places the dev's inaccurately called 'safer' is because they are further from the center of the map, that is all.  I did season 4 for a couple of weeks.   The bugs, false promises, and inadequate real estate for the population kill it for me.

Oh well, we got excited for a moment there, thought it was on track to something big.  But nothing wrong with wanting to be a small niche game.

Thank you for taking the time to answer....

1 hour ago, Xsarec said:

Oh well, we got excited for a moment there, thought it was on track to something big.  But nothing wrong with wanting to be a small niche game.

Thank you for taking the time to answer....

Not sure what small niche game they are trying to fill at this point with their PvP except maybe a griefers paradise?  Game is going backwards in a hurry.

• Like 1

Never played Eve online but I like the idea of having 3 or 4 factions on the map away from each other, give everyone some incentive to take a particular area of the map. If it was like that I would play PvP.

They either haven't thought of these ideas or even listened to the community or they are incapable of changing the code because it is copy and paste from Ark, not sure which one it is, could be both who knows.

They certainly could make the outer circle PVE and lawless PVP.   But if they was going to be making a PVPVE game then only making instanced freeports PVE (buidable/leveled like SP is) would be the better option.  That way nobody has an advantage in their actually safe grid, just basic resources.   What the meant by 'safe' was that is where your companies would be building, in the outer circle.  You are 'safe' by virtue of being protected by a company.  Of course your neighbors may not be safe.

Edited by krazmuze
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sydhart said:

Not sure what small niche game they are trying to fill at this point

The smallest possible niche it seems 😞