Sign in to follow this  
Luxfere

Treasure maps wtf

Whats going on with treasure maps now? I went to a fine one with 6 quality 700 gold and got raped by level 98 Undead....are you kidding me or what?

Yet i did another map 16 quality and attacked by level 25 undead which was more doable. Also shipwrecks 50/50 are un completeable.  The ship is locked off from the chest or the tiny arsed hole you made for us to go through doesnt work and or the suit decides to just poof out of existance

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Shipwrecks are  really poorly made 😞 i'm been wasting so much time for diving and ''surprise'' its impossible to get.

Developers please less content more fixes!

• Like 1

I think some of the maps get bugged. They reuse locations and if someone doesn't finish all of theirs the AoD stay. I went to a 2.1 common map this weekend and there was already 8-10 level 25 AoD guys standing around. I watched them sink into the ground and waited a bit but when I got close 3 level 6 guys popped up but the higher level guys popped up too. I took them all out and got my treasure but makes me think it's bugged. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

I think some of the maps get bugged. They reuse locations and if someone doesn't finish all of theirs the AoD stay. I went to a 2.1 common map this weekend and there was already 8-10 level 25 AoD guys standing around. I watched them sink into the ground and waited a bit but when I got close 3 level 6 guys popped up but the higher level guys popped up too. I took them all out and got my treasure but makes me think it's bugged. 

Originally if someone failed doing a treasure map, if you waited for a certain amount of time it reset to have the original number of AoD. Then a year or so ago with one patch it changed that so now if someone does a map and fails, any AoD left will be there until someone kills them. So if a Map was to spawn 5 AoD, the player kills none and goes away, when the next player triggers the map they will get whatever number of AoD their map should have, plus the 5 from the previous one. I've been to do a low level map that ahouls have had about 6 AoD, and it spawned 30!  Time to run away 🙂

I know how you feel, I did 6 shipwrecks spread out and all were bugged but tonight I just did quite a few a few grids away and got quite lucky actually, had about 5 close together including a 17.0 so I can't complain to much.

I've not put alot of time into the game lately, not as much as I used to so I haven't even tamed animals yet, that's why I have been doing shipwrecks so I can buy them. Only have a Schooner right now, looking to build a Brig then Gally or maybe buy one depending on prices.

Haven't even tried the maps yet but it doesn't surprise me they screwed up yet again, they are very predicable and I would put money on bugs coming out of the farmhouses.

The bugged shipwrecks pile  up over time, hadnt had a server restart for a long time. Go hunt them after a restart.

I also find leftover worriors often. I am sorry when it is only 1-3 highlevel, i assume the used all their tames up to kill them, and failed.

They reuse locations and if someone doesn't finish all of theirs the AoD stay.

There were damned army around our bases gate. They were attacked us occasionally for a couple of days. It seems someone didn't complete one : )

And one more thing. I've been to my treasure hunt once. While AoD were spawning I've got critical error. I lost my bear, died, and I forced to get another bear. It took me about 2-3 hours to prepare, to find some good bear etc.

After I back, my old army was there staying up and waiting for me. When I approached, another same army spawned. I took down like 80% of mobs and then suddenly all who left - just disappeared with no animation. 

Then I successfully dug the treasure.

10 hours ago, Kummba said:

The bugged shipwrecks pile  up over time, hadnt had a server restart for a long time. Go hunt them after a restart.

I also find leftover worriors often. I am sorry when it is only 1-3 highlevel, i assume the used all their tames up to kill them, and failed.

Yes, totally agree with this. If you do shipwrecks on a server with daily restarts, you will only find like 1 in 10 bugged out where you can't get the chest. I've probably done 20 or 30 and only found one bugged so far. People that are seeing 50% of them bugged out are getting there after someone else has done most of the ones that aren't bugged.

20 hours ago, wildbill said:

Yes, totally agree with this. If you do shipwrecks on a server with daily restarts, you will only find like 1 in 10 bugged out where you can't get the chest. I've probably done 20 or 30 and only found one bugged so far. People that are seeing 50% of them bugged out are getting there after someone else has done most of the ones that aren't bugged.

I did 5 on 1 map 1 was accessible the rest not at all then of course a sperm whale comes to eat you when the buggy diving suit seems to just disapear.

Ive also been around since the beginning and been through the countless changes if a map is not doable for someone and you throw it away after the time it takes for it to rot so should the undead in the location. Otherwise you get the army of the damned I have seen over 30 of them and at a sick high level lol level 94-98

4 hours ago, Luxfere said:

I did 5 on 1 map 1 was accessible the rest not at all then of course a sperm whale comes to eat you when the buggy diving suit seems to just disapear.

Ive also been around since the beginning and been through the countless changes if a map is not doable for someone and you throw it away after the time it takes for it to rot so should the undead in the location. Otherwise you get the army of the damned I have seen over 30 of them and at a sick high level lol level 94-98

Yes, I've also been playing this game from the beginning. I was on an official server just hours after they were available. What a mess that was 😀 I have taken a few breaks from the game, the last break was about six months long.

I think though what is different between you and me, is as soon as I found a decent unofficial server I went and played there and never came back to the official servers. Sounds like you are playing official servers. Almost all unofficial servers do a daily reboot, since there are many reasons why that helps this game (although if it wasn't so buggy, it might not be necessary). Doesn't sound like the official servers reboot often, which is just one of the many reasons I won't play there.

The most they spawn now is one soldier and 5-6 worriors. No more archers. That alone makes them way more doable, you can kite them in good terain without taking dmg now.
also incoming dmg is reduced by lower numbers. That said i havnt done one myself to check if dmg requirements have risen.

• Thanks 1