SusanT

Dev's meet us! Your PVE community :)

Devs please read my words.
I have played games only since 2014 as a pve player.
I think PVE gets lost in the definition of exactly what it is and, why I was drawn to it myself so please read what I have to say before you make any big moves again and to consider pve players more seriously.
Veterans
People with disabilities
Older generation
People with agoraphobia
Introverts
People wanting to escape the crap of the world today.
There are more I am sure that I have not thought of.

Veterans have fought their wars, they only want to go on a game in pve mode so they themselves can not only control their situations and not have to fight which would most likely trigger a lot of players.
Many of the Vets I have seen posting in the blogs and on the game have left due to them thinking it was going to go to pve/pvp and global server.
PVE offers them the choice to put themselves in a controlled situation.

People with disabilities now have a way to get up, move about like they can't in real life, they can jump, run all of the things that they can no longer do in real life and if it isn't stressful enough in real life, making them play pvp ( if that is your intentions ) in order to play this awesome game would be, well it just wouldn't be right.

Agoraphobia, there are more people out there with this disorder than one actually realizes, they have anxiety about their environment, if it is not a controlled environment then all h#ll breaks loose for them in real life.
With the pve aspect of a game it gives them more control of their surroundings.

Introverts, shy people that would not really have anything to do with other people due to the severity OF that shyness, in pve they can actively participate in conversations and of course, control their environment, this gives them some sort of platform to build better skills and confidence to actually talking and interacting with people.

People wanting to escape the crap of the world today.
I am one of them, if I don't get on a pve game I am in F# jail on a constant basis fighting politics, on games like Atlas it keeps me out of F# jail lol.
I absolutely hate how our nation is acting and so Atlas gives me a MUCH needed reprieve from the real world one where I myself have control over my actions and not have to worry about the actions of others.
There are a lot more out there like me in this aspect than what you think.

Last and I feel weird offering this up but, Atlas brought me back from a stroke, I had a mild stroke, didn't know how to use the asdw I could barely decipher left from right and it took real hard thinking to get that straight, after six days of playing Atlas I finally was capable to sail one of my ships, scary as h#ll but, the game itself helped me to get back my functions I am convinced and of course, those gorgeous baby bears!! OMG I lOVE those bears!!!

In short ( finally ) PVE is a lot more than what you guys realize, meet us, your pve players 🙂 Now please, put us back on NA servers, global servers are not only horrible on the lag and rubberbanding they have a high account of mean, snobbish people ( and jerks scared to play pvp so they do it on pve ) whereas you just don't get many on the NA server, that plays an important part of the pve community and why people ARE pve players.

Thanks, sorry for the long winded explanations.

• Like 2

The core of this game is that it is open world, sandbox, and has a persistent world. PVP is something you can do in a sandbox, so it is also probably a core of the game. PVE is just PVP without the PVP. PVP does contain all of the PVE gameplay, and the devs appear to have tried to just develop the game for PVP, then remove the PVP in order to create a PVE only mode. I can't blame them, and I wish they would just develop the game.

Nice story, another group of players that play PVE that you missed is the people who realise the PVP mechanics are mostly lame/undeveloped/imba/boring and want to just play the content (lol)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Nice story, another group of players that play PVE that you missed is the people who realise the PVP mechanics are mostly lame/undeveloped/imba/boring and want to just play the content (lol)

This is me. I've been playing PvP games since the early 80's with text based PvP MUD's. After that it was Shadowbane, then DaOC, then dozens of other games that at least had some point to engaging other players other than to just kill them. 

I love the sailing. I love the building. I love the idea. But their is literally no point to PvP in this game. No objective. No ladder to climb. No quests to turn in. No rewards to obtain. A lot of risk for zero reward. You can literally lose hundreds of hours of work while you aren't even online.

Hell, even my old text based games had an objective in PvP. There was a program that kept track of kills and every kill earned you a point. You were able to buy resurrection scrolls and items using your points. That was over 30 years ago and this game has NOTHING?!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

This is me. I've been playing PvP games since the early 80's with text based PvP MUD's. After that it was Shadowbane, then DaOC, then dozens of other games that at least had some point to engaging other players other than to just kill them. 

I love the sailing. I love the building. I love the idea. But their is literally no point to PvP in this game. No objective. No ladder to climb. No quests to turn in. No rewards to obtain. A lot of risk for zero reward. You can literally lose hundreds of hours of work while you aren't even online.

Hell, even my old text based games had an objective in PvP. There was a program that kept track of kills and every kill earned you a point. You were able to buy resurrection scrolls and items using your points. That was over 30 years ago and this game has NOTHING?!

31 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

then dozens of other games that at least had some point to engaging other players other than to just kill them

I just don't get it what point other than to kill other players and destroy their bases/ships etc. is there? I am only asking out of curiosity because it was my understanding that it was exactly what pvp is about, am I missing something here? If so please let me know what those points to pvp other than what has been mentioned is about. Thanks.

I am a member of all of the following minorities:

* underrated geniuses

* self-proclaimed saviors of the world

* league of <any attribute that will make me seem more likeable>

* people who feel they are at a disadvantage in any way

And as such i demand this game fulfill my every wish and cater to my needs.

Have you tried to convince Id software about the jumping bit and maybe agoraphobia for the next installation of Quake?

Edited by user1

6 minutes ago, user1 said:

I am a member of all of the following minorities:

* underrated geniuses

* self-proclaimed saviors of the world

* league of <any attribute that will make me seem more likeable>

* people who feel they are at a disadvantage in any way

And as such i demand this game fulfill my every wish and cater to my needs.

Have you tried to convince Id software about the jumping bit and maybe agoraphobia for the next installation of Quake?

Feel better now?<Rhetorical.

1 hour ago, Sydhart said:

You have 49 people to circle jerk with over bashing some poor beginner's starter base and ship over and over while he is offline.

No other game does that quite the way like Atlas does.

I'm sure some of the people on this forum only post here cos they were banned from twitter ! It's easy to spot a die hard pvp player on Atlas forum, cos they are the ones doing the attacking. They just can't seem to help it. 

• Like 1

I still love pvp but not in this game there is no point to it. And i dont think they even read the fking forums anymore, posting bugs getting crickets which will take me to saying fk this game once and for all.

Edited by Luxfere

I thought i was the only ex Shadowbane player...

Now THAT was a beautiful game that went sideways..

• Like 2