Sign in to follow this  
Derfel

island owned , set to company and alliance but...

apparantly despite having the flag set to only us and our allies building (its a small island and we have a few Americans with bad latency so we're keeping the build small) anyone can spam that annoying triple treat foundation ,bed,chair on the island ?
I mean sure I can destroy them ..but why is it even possible? especially as people seem to go extraordinary lengths to avoid simply asking us permission , hiding them up ruins etc
some have even blocked spawns (possibly on purpose who knows)
anyway getting off track..
whats with the permissions? they don't seem to work
and since im here , any solution to the floating crew bug? demolished a gun deck and now 4 crew just float on my ship ignoring me 😛

I always thought that the whole point of being able to own an island, was being able to delete peoples spam in part. If nobody is allowed to build in the first place, then what is the point of being able to demolish it and having a timer? I doubt if anyone would want to have to physically allow people to build every time they ask. And to be honest I asked island owners in the past and all I got was a load of owners trying to be oh so clever with sarcastic remarks. Then another time I built a small hut after asking permission, and the next day it was destroyed, cos apparently it was in the  wrong place. So in the end I stayed on lawless. I don't think the current Island owning situation is ideal, but I don't see many ways round it tbh.

On 7/18/2020 at 3:54 AM, Derfel said:

apparantly despite having the flag set to only us and our allies building (its a small island and we have a few Americans with bad latency so we're keeping the build small) anyone can spam that annoying triple treat foundation ,bed,chair on the island ?
I mean sure I can destroy them ..but why is it even possible? especially as people seem to go extraordinary lengths to avoid simply asking us permission , hiding them up ruins etc
some have even blocked spawns (possibly on purpose who knows)
anyway getting off track..
whats with the permissions? they don't seem to work
and since im here , any solution to the floating crew bug? demolished a gun deck and now 4 crew just float on my ship ignoring me 😛

I wish that setting worked in pve but it doesn’t ~ We are also trying to keep down ping on our island most of us are from NA as well ~ We have settlers but we don’t want more (getting too full) ~

On those triple threat discovery beds, they look bad and often get in the way ~ we have had people place them right near our builds and settlers builds like why people ~

If every island owner allowed every discovery bed they would be littered everywhere ~ If your company mates don’t want to sail to get discoveries that’s on them for wanting to stay landlocked in a pirate game ~ If the owner is ok with it or it’s lawless that’s fine (just be considerate with placement) but if the island owner doesn’t want it be respectful, why annoy a company and be selfish for 2 points ~ Everyone thinks it’s ok for them it’s just one but those beds add up so it’s not ok if unwanted ~ Most of the companies that put those down I’m sure delete them on their island js ~

They need to make the system alert notify every non snapped structure by a settler appears in the tribe log (along with every company member on the island) and give us at least 48 hours to delete instead of 24 

• Like 1

Tbh I could understand wanting that much control if you owned a server and pay for it with real money, but not if you have claimed an island as part of a game mechanic. No one forces anybody to claim an island, you could just live on someone else's or build on lawless. If you give island owners too much control you just end up with some having a god complex and exploiting the power. I was always quite happy on lawless anyway, it's not as bad as people make out.

13 hours ago, ~ Pandora ~ said:

I wish that setting worked in pve but it doesn’t ~ We are also trying to keep down ping on our island most of us are from NA as well ~ We have settlers but we don’t want more (getting too full) ~

If its J11 i'm one of those settlers 😛

Edited by Derfel

3 hours ago, eeeceee said:

Touch my triple threat treat discovery bed and I will wipe your island.

Or you could play the game as intended and y'know sail to the islands...
we will continue to destroy these eyesores regardless of empty threats 🙂

• Like 1

I understand island owners frustration, but it doesn't stop said island owners from spamming beds all around lawless when they can. And they know full well we can't demolish them.