FrodoB

lvl up & justice

Devs  a lot talk about caring for new players. Tell me how to get level for those who didnt manage to use exploit in early days of the game? Return exploit or wipe levels to all players!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FrodoB said:

Devs  a lot talk about caring for new players. Tell me how to get level for those who didnt manage to use exploit in early days of the game? Return exploit or wipe levels to all players!

You are not demanding justice. You're asking the devs to do something that would be beneficial for you and detrimental for many players who didn't take advantage of the exploit and yet managed to reach high levels.

You get levels by doing treasure hunts. Bears are really good for that. Discovering islands will also help you increase the max lvl you can get.

14 minutes ago, Christopher Blake said:

Вы не требуете справедливости. Вы просите разработчиков сделать что-то полезное для вас и вредное для многих игроков, которые не воспользовались эксплойтом и все же смогли достичь высоких уровней.

Вы получаете уровни, занимаясь поиском сокровищ. Медведи действительно хороши для этого. Открытие островов также поможет вам увеличить максимальный уровень, который вы можете получить.

sound like person who used exploit.

treasures exp nerfed. damned nerfed, alpha nerfed ...

Not sure if there is an exploit to get 1100+ discoveries points fast... Maybe to join the company which have like beds at 500 islands in the game?

Nah, no advantage to being lvl 120 for extended peroids of time. Devs, need to actually balance the game, instead of blowing each other. No reason 2-3 companys should own 1/2 the map 24 hrs into a wipe. Its not going to get any better from here. Its like me making a game just for friends and family but a week later I'll let you play too even though you stand no chance against racism and hacks. But thats ok, because the loser mentality is that who can cheat the best wins! Ya, they really care about developing this game.

• Thanks 1

On 7/18/2020 at 9:33 AM, FrodoB said:

sound like person who used exploit.

treasures exp nerfed. damned nerfed, alpha nerfed ...

I honestly wasn't expecting more from you. Keep going with your childish tantrum. If you are that interested in me: I play on PvE servers and I'm not even 50 yet. You asked how to get levels in Atlas, I gave you different ways to obtain them. 

If you come to a public forum and request something you should expect difference of opinions. If you are not ready for that, you should keep your babycry within your group of friends.

The way to level is doing quests.
You get your 1140 Dps for max level 120 after,
Powerstones
whales
kraken v1
essences with trench discoveries.
It is that easy this season 🙂

doing that and kraken v2 / iceboss too, and you are greater level 80 from Boss XP alone allready. (play red xp songs)

On 7/20/2020 at 12:29 AM, Christopher Blake said:

I honestly wasn't expecting more from you. Keep going with your childish tantrum. If you are that interested in me: I play on PvE servers and I'm not even 50 yet. You asked how to get levels in Atlas, I gave you different ways to obtain them. 

If you come to a public forum and request something you should expect difference of opinions. If you are not ready for that, you should keep your babycry within your group of friends.

There has been exploits in the game.

This is not opinion, this is fact!

People have been using exploits to gain levels that would otherwise be unachievable in the same amount of time.

Nobody got banned for this.

There has not been a rollback.

They just let them keep their cheated XP.

20 hours ago, user1 said:

There has been exploits in the game.

This is not opinion, this is fact!

People have been using exploits to gain levels that would otherwise be unachievable in the same amount of time.

Nobody got banned for this.

There has not been a rollback.

They just let them keep their cheated XP.

It is funny because I have not supported the dev's decision and the way they have dealt with this issue in any of my previous comments.

I am aware that there has been an exploit and, when reading you, I am 100% sure you haven't even read the OP. You just came here to spit your bile  because you are clearly pissed by the whole situation. I nowhere say I'm happy with cheaters and exploiters getting away with it.  The OP is demanding one out of two options on his post, and I'm gonna make it easier for you by using bold font here: EITHER THE EXPLOIT RETURNS OR EVERYONE IN-GAME GETS A FULL LEVEL WIPE, and all that under a thread containing the word 'Justice'. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS REPLYING TO. That is, by no means, a way to fix this issue. Of course, the fairest thing would be to ban those who took advantage of it one way or another, but I am pretty sure a lot of people fit in that group and they don't want to lose players.

A summary in case that's too much text for you: I am not happy with cheaters and exploiters, and I think they should be banned, but I can also see why that is not happening.

Let's keep things less hostile moving forward please. No need to even start insulting others even if you disagree with their viewpoint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluestone said:

Let's keep things less hostile moving forward please. No need to even start insulting others even if you disagree with their viewpoint.

Quite the contrary, all scumbags who actively pursue cheating or accept it without resistance need to be met with extreme hostility.

Oh, does that include your boss?

48 minutes ago, user1 said:

Quite the contrary, all scumbags who actively pursue cheating or accept it without resistance need to be met with extreme hostility.

Oh, does that include your boss?

So how, exactly, were people "cheating"?

16 minutes ago, themadratter said:

So how, exactly, were people "cheating"?

By using exploits that have been around.

- Various additional exploits regarding Yeti boss
- various yeti boss exploits.
- an exploit with the Guillotine

Source: 
Official ATLAS Wiki - atlas.gamepedia.com

Ask anyone above lv 150 for details.

6 hours ago, user1 said:

By using exploits that have been around.

- Various additional exploits regarding Yeti boss
- various yeti boss exploits.
- an exploit with the Guillotine

Source: 
Official ATLAS Wiki - atlas.gamepedia.com

Ask anyone above lv 150 for details.

But these were exploits, and if people are exploiting in game mechanics to their advantage, that can't be seen as cheating, no? I mean it's unfair for those that don't know about them, or how to do them, but it's part of the game. it'#s not going to take that long to level back up from level 80, realistically. Especially if you're in a large company.

But they weren't cheating, per se, they were just using in game mechanics to their advantage... is it cheating to keep killing yourself to harvest the meat and hide from your own body? or is that an exploit using in game mechanics?

FWIW I'm capped at 54 through discoveries at the moment, but I had a higher level character last season and we farmed yeti's...mainly for the mythos though lol.

1 hour ago, themadratter said:

But these were exploits, and if people are exploiting in game mechanics to their advantage, that can't be seen as cheating, no? I mean it's unfair for those that don't know about them, or how to do them, but it's part of the game. it'#s not going to take that long to level back up from level 80, realistically. Especially if you're in a large company.

But they weren't cheating, per se, they were just using in game mechanics to their advantage... is it cheating to keep killing yourself to harvest the meat and hide from your own body? or is that an exploit using in game mechanics?

FWIW I'm capped at 54 through discoveries at the moment, but I had a higher level character last season and we farmed yeti's...mainly for the mythos though lol.

Many games online (if not all of them) have policies against exploiting instances or, in other words, taking advantage of a bug or glitch for your own benefit. You could argue that is part of game mechanics, and it is, but not intentionally. The fact is it is not allowed and those involved in cases of exploiting can be punished. The code of conduct has a particular section for this matter.

Exploiting - examples are not limited to but can include:

• Attacking from, traveling through, or building in unintended game-zones (ex: under terrain or above the map)
  • Duplication of tames, items, other assets, or characters
  • Unintended building mechanics used in an exploitative manner (ex: floating structures)
  • Attacking or blocking players through the terrain
  • Griefing players in Freeports by finding ways to destroy another person's or company's boat/creature, this includes but is not limited to: setting creatures alight, pushing players outside of Freeports to attack them, or finding other ways to sink their boats. Simply put, do not force or attempt any kind of PvP on Freeports whatsoever.

• Like 1