Sign in to follow this  
gadefence

What counts as grief exploitation?

I had someone grief exploit pillars and gates into my boats and then start demanding things from me.

I sent the contact page an email about it and it's already fixed - can't tell if they decided possibly getting banned was a high bar on their own or if someone sent an email telling them they'd get banned, but this obviously counts as grief exploiting.

I know someone else on the island I'm on (lovely people on this island) likes to try and box people's boats in and make demands from them (usually when people piss them off by parking in their spots so I doubt anyone reported them yet). This, I assume, would also count as grief exploiting? Looking for clarification for the future.

My assumption of the rule is, outside lawless, immigration can be banned but emigration can't.

I don't have an answer for your question but I'll have a seat on this thread to see whether there's an official response to it. I reread the code of conduct after having someone killing my entrapped tame and I had the impression it was very vague and incomplete. Sadly this game has been designed in a way that gives players a lot of different ways to grief other players. I am not sure whether actions are being taken against those who block buildings and ships (especially if they make demands afterwards), but the way I see it the real ones to blame here are the devs. If the game gives you options to grief other players, there will griefers all over the place.