I am just returning to PvE was on the NA server before so now have moved to the EU server. I have played on that server before the most recent wipe and it was playable. Since coming back my ping is always above 130 and the game lags horribly. It makes sailing nearly impossible. 

I am curious if other players are also experiencing this or if possibly it is something on my end. Any suggestions? Do we think they will patch this soon so I can enjoy it?

• Like 3

Everyone is experiencing it from what I've seen and heard in chat. I've posted multiple times about it in the General Forum and in the Bug Report forum.

I tried to do a map last night in F7 and the AOD were warping and rubberbanding so bad I couldn't hit them or dodge the big guys swings on my bear. Ended up dieing because of it and ran back, finished the last 2 AOD, but it bugged the treasure map and said there were 2 more guardians (which there wasn't). Couldn't complete the map. Game is running terrible right now. 

No one @ATLASis acknowleding the issue which makes it worse. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The server C7 is also not playable, ping is 150-180.
Ship control at sea is almost impossible.
The worst is on the island of Rimounear Enclave, where the company The FB Pyramide! build this monster pyramid.
They also make fun of it because all the other players scold.
This has been going on for a week now and the Atlas team is unable to prevent this or get the problem under control.
I've been playing Atlas since January 2019, but if it continues like this
Atlas is uninstalled and I look for another game.

• Like 3

H5 and I5 in PVE - has like 40-45 online players and those are laggy as hell! We live at I7 - it's way smoother but has some spikes from 60 to 120 and back.

• Like 1

I went on this morning to do some metal runs from another island, took ship out and the sails are moving backwards and forwards with lag. I go so far out and said na not bothering, turned back and shut the game down.

Until it is fixed I will leave it for now, I can't play with lag like that, reaction time from hitting buttons is crazy.

• Like 5

F4 & G4 are laggy as hell. I am from EU and on some servers I have sub 60ms ping. But on these two I am having over 200ms. And ships barely move. SOD is everywhere.

• Like 1

It really seams like the lawless regions are far worse for lag then the owned islands.

I'm based in H2 and there and the squares around it have little to no lag.  Went resource hunting at the weekend and just about every single lawless grid I went into had lots of lag leading to lots of rubber-banding. Would hate to live in one of those grids.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2020 at 8:33 AM, Sydhart said:

Everyone is experiencing it from what I've seen and heard in chat. I've posted multiple times about it in the General Forum and in the Bug Report forum.

I tried to do a map last night in F7 and the AOD were warping and rubberbanding so bad I couldn't hit them or dodge the big guys swings on my bear. Ended up dieing because of it and ran back, finished the last 2 AOD, but it bugged the treasure map and said there were 2 more guardians (which there wasn't). Couldn't complete the map. Game is running terrible right now. 

No one @ATLASis acknowleding the issue which makes it worse. 

Agreed and at this point I will not sail which, is the biggest part of this game!! I knew this would happen and would have railed against it had I had a say so in the dumping us all on global but nooooooo none of us get a say so and now look, to the author everyone is complaining not just a few. We were attacked five times last week due to not being able to get the sails to work right they kept going up and down up and down due to the lag and rubberbanding sadly if it isn't fixed I will have to give up the game, really sucks!!

• Like 1

Haven't really wanted to log in but decided to see how things were last night on D7. Latency was over 200. Fed my animals and promptly logged off. I don't even want to get on to try the new Farmhouse because the game is unplayable right now. 

• Like 2

On 7/18/2020 at 2:22 AM, DangerRocket said:

The server C7 is also not playable, ping is 150-180.
Ship control at sea is almost impossible.
The worst is on the island of Rimounear Enclave, where the company The FB Pyramide! build this monster pyramid.
They also make fun of it because all the other players scold.
This has been going on for a week now and the Atlas team is unable to prevent this or get the problem under control.
I've been playing Atlas since January 2019, but if it continues like this
Atlas is uninstalled and I look for another game.

C5 is the same way.

• Like 1

D6 is also unplayable, ping of 180 with 28 connected, sailed to the C4 freeport only to have 231 ping with 8 players connected, even logging in to feed the animals and re-anchor the ships is hard work due to the constant rubber banding, never had lag issues before the wipe in any regions or even 20+ ship fighting the Kraken, games getting a joke now

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sl4cK3r said:

D6 is also unplayable, ping of 180 with 28 connected, sailed to the C4 freeport only to have 231 ping with 8 players connected, even logging in to feed the animals and re-anchor the ships is hard work due to the constant rubber banding, never had lag issues before the wipe in any regions or even 20+ ship fighting the Kraken, games getting a joke now

You never had those issues because it was on an NA server not a global server.

Is anyone losing animals during sailing due to this? I wouldn't know since I am afraid to sail which is stupid since that is what the game is based on but I don't want to lose my bears.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SusanT said:

Is anyone losing animals during sailing due to this? I wouldn't know since I am afraid to sail which is stupid since that is what the game is based on but I don't want to lose my bears.

i was sailing, server went down, was up again after about 5 min, next stop i was missing my shoulder mounted monkey

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, George Catcher said:

I didn't but my pets are prefer to travel outside vessels : )

5MKnh5A.jpg

Cutting some Atlas waves eh? LOL

• Haha 1

yea lawless areas are the worst compared to the owned island areas the lag if over 10 people the pings skyrocket

Unfortunatelly it's getting worse. It's not just somehow worse, it's the MAJOR worse everyday. More and more severs are lagging. Even those which was fine just a week ago - now starting to stall. 

My I7 grid was fine before. Then it got small spikes of ping ups. But more and more people come. They build more and more bases around. Also those gigantic complex constructions. And yeah, windmills didn't help to improve the situation (Got it worse to be honest. More buildings around. With resources gathering - easier to build big bases).

So now server just stops for like 1-2 seconds every 10 seconds. If I run somewhere during that "stop" period, I then warp back to where I was before all stopped.

p.s. - U know it's really difficult these days to find a good quality map? I once had to do circles around 25 islands before I've got live average lvl12 one... and now I've got pretty good one and guess where treasure is? : )) It's on C7 (pve official).

Edited by George Catcher

On 7/28/2020 at 7:53 AM, Kummba said:

i was sailing, server went down, was up again after about 5 min, next stop i was missing my shoulder mounted monkey

B5 went down same here. RIP George.. he was the bestest level too (lvl 69)

I would like to add - I was really REALLY stupid to involve myself into battle against damned squad on one of the glitchy server (it was at G4 PvE).

My advise to everyone. Don't do that. EVER! I almost lost my lvl-42 Brig. I'm sailing home now with planks instead of gunports. And you know - I pretty experienced SotDs fighter I've got down like hundred of them this season. With lvl-60 Galley for quest.

There are 3 issues fighting them in glitchy server:

1) - Because of glitches no one clearing the area so if you go fight against a single Galley, after a minute you may find yourself fighting against 10 or 15 damned ship at once.

2) - Because of glitches you loosing about 30-50% of your speed. My brig usually do 10 knots downwind when it's calm. On glitchy server I could barelly do 5 in the battle.

3) - You can not turn your sails (they waving, flapping and dancing). And because your ship do jerky movement, within stops periods it doesn't turn and speed up/down. With this stalled control, slow speed you just easy target for damned ships.

Usually I'm like dancing with damned ships. But this time I was like and old knot, slowly passing by. Their Galley just turned around and released for about 10 volleys to me, until I managed to get out of his range. And yeah, most of volley even didn't showed to me. I just saw damage numbers without any damned cannonballs.

I've got 10 planks gone, and I've got only 9 extra so I thought I was about to loose yet another ship. Thx Gods I had 450 wood in my grile. So...

...damn! Never again! Just NEVER. There are golden ages without any structures and crowds - let them be a place for hunting.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, George Catcher said:

I would like to add - I was really REALLY stupid to involve myself into battle against damned squad on one of the glitchy server (it was at G4 PvE).

My advise to everyone. Don't do that. EVER! I almost lost my lvl-42 Brig. I'm sailing home now with planks instead of gunports. And you know - I pretty experienced SotDs fighter I've got down like hundred of them this season. With lvl-60 Galley for quest.

There are 3 issues fighting them in glitchy server:

1) - Because of glitches no one clearing the area so if you go fight against a single Galley, after a minute you may find yourself fighting against 10 or 15 damned ship at once.

2) - Because of glitches you loosing about 30-50% of your speed. My brig usually do 10 knots downwind when it's calm. On glitchy server I could barelly do 5 in the battle.

3) - You can not turn your sails (they waving, flapping and dancing). And because your ship do jerky movement, within stops periods it doesn't turn and speed up/down. With this stalled control, slow speed you just easy target for damned ships.

Usually I'm like dancing with damned ships. But this time I was like and old knot, slowly passing by. Their Galley just turned around and released for about 10 volleys to me, until I managed to get out of his range. And yeah, most of volley even didn't showed to me. I just saw damage numbers without any damned cannonballs.

I've got 10 planks gone, and I've got only 9 extra so I thought I was about to loose yet another ship. Thx Gods I had 450 wood in my grile. So...

...damn! Never again! Just NEVER. There are golden ages without any structures and crowds - let them be a place for hunting.

It will only get worse as time goes on sadly.

• Like 1

Been almost unplayable the last two weeks. So I have only been logging in to check on my tames which that seems to be a chore with the lag. Rubberbanding, magical teleplorting when just walking and sometimes deadlocking. Tried to sail just now. Nope. @ATLAS can we get a server maintenance for PVE? Or a restart? Or maybe kicking the hamsters on the wheel. Halp.

While I was reading the forums I've been thinking.

Maybe DEVs should consider to open one more server.

- There wont be any damned ships.

- No alphas on islands.

- No cannons or gunports available.

- No treasure maps with damned armies.

- Current "the Sims" building style.

And just a lot of islands with bears and elephants so everyone who just wanna build their grand palaces and then breeding bears, go there, do their buildings, pyramids, towers, castles, palaces, and breed bears for selling em to eachother, and don't destroy game experience for anyone who wanna play sailing game?

• Like 1