warloki41

The Biggest Time Sink!!

The biggest time sink in game atm is hands down the breeding!!  Stop wasting our time with "farmhouses" and start actually getting us off the land and onto the Seas!  You Devs should reduce breeding times by 1/2.  Do that.....and then you can work on other stuff.  But before you even do that......you should fix all the bugs you recreated from Season 1.  Give us back our 6 resources for each material....cuz atm....we are missing 1-2 mats from each resource.  The farmhouse is nothing more than a glorious claim FLAG!.....We already have a resource pool!  Also stop lying too the community too get them back playing the game!  You said a "New World (order) map!  You said Tradewind routes!  Sofar we've seen none of that!  You also need too fire that Admin running your Discord!  We are testers in your game!  When we find things missing/labeled wrong/or bugs/game breaking stuff( not having all 6 of the resources for mythic mats)....we are required too report them!  But every time someone does....that Admin deletes the post and most likely does not report the bug/problem to the Dev Team!  Saying we need more info!  With the old Dev Team...we had a "fix" almost everyday!!  This team has only done 2 fixs so far in the first week....first fix worked.....2nd fix was about the resources  FAILED miserably!  And so far that is it!  No more fixes!  What are you guys doing over there!  If you have a job.....DO IT!  Don't 1/2 ass it like you are doing now!  I love this game....I would hate too see Devs ruin it!  And PLZ for the love of god!,   start listening too the player community for once!  I have seen GENIUS ideas posted about game mechanics and such!  But you just keep steering the game in the opposite direction!  Down the drain!  What do you all think guys??  I mean am I wrong???  I don't think so

• Like 1

How is breeding a timesink?

You mate, you wait, you feed for one hour, you harvest your crop plots from time to time. Then you imprint for 1 min every 8 hours.
For x elephants per batch thats like 1-2 hour time investment in total, this is spread out ofc. Meat eaters require more time inverstment, most shoulder pets too.
The worsed are cats, but thats it.

12 hours ago, warloki41 said:

The biggest time sink in game atm is hands down the breeding!!  Stop wasting our time with "farmhouses" and start actually getting us off the land and onto the Seas!  You Devs should reduce breeding times by 1/2.  Do that.....and then you can work on other stuff.  But before you even do that......you should fix all the bugs you recreated from Season 1.  Give us back our 6 resources for each material....cuz atm....we are missing 1-2 mats from each resource.  The farmhouse is nothing more than a glorious claim FLAG!.....We already have a resource pool!  Also stop lying too the community too get them back playing the game!  You said a "New World (order) map!  You said Tradewind routes!  Sofar we've seen none of that!  You also need too fire that Admin running your Discord!  We are testers in your game!  When we find things missing/labeled wrong/or bugs/game breaking stuff( not having all 6 of the resources for mythic mats)....we are required too report them!  But every time someone does....that Admin deletes the post and most likely does not report the bug/problem to the Dev Team!  Saying we need more info!  With the old Dev Team...we had a "fix" almost everyday!!  This team has only done 2 fixs so far in the first week....first fix worked.....2nd fix was about the resources  FAILED miserably!  And so far that is it!  No more fixes!  What are you guys doing over there!  If you have a job.....DO IT!  Don't 1/2 ass it like you are doing now!  I love this game....I would hate too see Devs ruin it!  And PLZ for the love of god!,   start listening too the player community for once!  I have seen GENIUS ideas posted about game mechanics and such!  But you just keep steering the game in the opposite direction!  Down the drain!  What do you all think guys??  I mean am I wrong???  I don't think so

What are you ranting about breeding? I breed ele/giraffe/bears/crows in 48 hours. Dunno how long they take at your base? 

Next to that, there's a new team. Give them some time, let them wipe again and for the love of the rest of the playerbase, let them settle a straight course to the (hopefully final season 5) game and their intention. 

Keep in mind, and its hard for me to stay calm at some points as well, this game is STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT.

Take a chillpill, buy some rum and popcorn and be ready for a week of some mayhem on the servers when they introduce the farmhouses/tradewinds. 

That's what happens. Because if it doesnt happen, that will mean the new team sets a complete new standard for them selves.

Wich the majority approves.

lIts been 2yrs now....still in developemnt due too too many changes in the wrong directions.  48hrs for mating? Breeding not a time sink???  You sir are kidding your self!  When your a major breeder...you have multiple breeds going on at the same time....i.e. Bears....I breed 3 sets of 11 females with one male.  Elephants/Giraffes/Rhino's smaller sets due to them being so large you cannot possibly breed that many.  Crows/Parrots  even more than the bears.  If your not doing this....then your wasting your time trying too get too those elite super breeds.  So YES its a HUGE fricken time sink once you get going.....you will have time for nothing else!  Join the ranks of the elite breeders and you will see....if your just going too argue that...then your just telling me your not a serious breeder.

Edited by warloki41
  • Haha 1

To me it is yes, that's why I never bother with breeding. Sitting there for the first 4 hours is not my idea of fun, really don't know how people can do it, I'd rather watch paint dry lol.

If people want to breed though that is upto them, if they get something out of it good on them but I will leave the breeding to others and just buy them, to me it's a waste of my time.

I think they are slowly taking animals out of the game with the new resource gathering in farmhouse and whatever else is to come. I guess we will have to see though, I know many won't like it if they take them all out.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 3:16 PM, warloki41 said:

Kind of sounds like laziness. As it is people breed 100’s of tames everyday. If you want the times reduce so you can breed as well and not have to buy one from someone that is just not going to happen. I would suggest either buying tames from people or not being lazy. Either one with help you out a lot.

I mean dont get me wrong, i wouldnt complain about a 50% reduction in breed times/cooldowns, but really not needed.

Breeding really isnt that bad anymore w the 10% trough fix back in s2.

• Like 1

That response Pooter absolutely made no sense!  Breeding tames all day is 100% not being lazy!  Being lazy is having people in your company do everything for you and/or you buying tames instead of breeding them.  Jesus did the IQ's drop suddenly in this Forum?

5 minutes ago, warloki41 said:

That response Pooter absolutely made no sense!  Breeding tames all day is 100% not being lazy!  Being lazy is having people in your company do everything for you and/or you buying tames instead of breeding them.  Jesus did the IQ's drop suddenly in this Forum?

Thats just it, buying a tame isnt lazy, you had to go get gold to buy said tame.

Having someone else breed for you isnt lazy, if your out doing other meaningful activities for the company. Im not a huge fan of treasure mapping, but love breeding. So I breed, others map. I supply better bears, they get gold, then when a good stat is up for sale they can buy it to feed my habits.

As to the iq on the forum, i dont think its the forum, it feels like the whole internet has gotten really dumb over the past year.

• Like 3

First of all i would advise against judgemental statements.

Second thing... Breeding is supposed to be difficult. Its intentional because difficulty correlates to scarecity..

I would advise introducing 2 things at SOME POINT DURING EA...

Allowing a "breeder" or "animal handler" skill tree spec to reduce time for players that want to specialize

Increase the cost of respec proportionally to level. A level 70 player should pay more to re spec than a level 30 player.

This would allow people to utilize the gameplay mechanic they find most enjoyable yet also discourage animal spam...AND allow the "animal handler" time to explore new content.

Good solution? Bad? Already tried in Ark?

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, warloki41 said:

lIts been 2yrs now....still in developemnt due too too many changes in the wrong directions.  48hrs for mating? Breeding not a time sink???  You sir are kidding your self!  When your a major breeder...you have multiple breeds going on at the same time....i.e. Bears....I breed 3 sets of 11 females with one male.  Elephants/Giraffes/Rhino's smaller sets due to them being so large you cannot possibly breed that many.  Crows/Parrots  even more than the bears.  If your not doing this....then your wasting your time trying too get too those elite super breeds.  So YES its a HUGE fricken time sink once you get going.....you will have time for nothing else!  Join the ranks of the elite breeders and you will see....if your just going too argue that...then your just telling me your not a serious breeder.

If I wanted a zoo, I went back to ARK. Why should I breed a superbreed when they probably get wiped again? I rather spend my time on sailing, battling and building. Tames should be a tool on this game in my opinion.    

But hey, you sir are a elitebreeder here. I only had 8K hours on ARK, what do I know right?  

Everyone  his sport and fun ofc, but the time of massbreeding (1 male, 30 females giga/rexes/ankys/doedics/tekrex/And so on and all to 100%) sounds to me like keeping a zoo. 

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

On 7/16/2020 at 5:41 AM, warloki41 said:

Did you misunderstand me? Not sure. I didn’t say breeding tames was being lazy. I am saying that very specific people in companies have the time/opportunity to do it and others don’t. The lazy remark is to the people that don’t want to have to wake up at certain times or don’t want to have to babysit the babies. Yes that is laziness. If you don’t want to do that then you simply don’t deserve it. Hence the “go buy it”. Stop being lazy once again.

• Like 1