Sign in to follow this  
FatalCrazy

kraken had changes after the wipe!

Do you agree with these changes?  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. After the wipe the developers removed the skill reward for using submarines for players who are only outside the kraken battle bubble. Do you agree with this decision?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/15/2021 at 07:07 PM

kraken had changes after the wipe, who does not participate in the battle, now will not receive the skill as a reward for being on the grid. 😥😥😥

Edited by FatalCrazy

14 hours ago, FatalCrazy said:

kraken had changes after the wipe, who does not participate in the battle, now will not receive the skill as a reward for being on the grid. 😥😥😥

Why the crying faces?

6 hours ago, Percieval said:

Why the crying faces?

Because with this change in rewards for underwater skill, many players will not be able to complete. This was an alternative that helped these players.

Unfortunately many will be left without using this feature in the game, submarine is very cool. But the Kraken is the most difficult challenge in the game.

If most can do it in a day in a fresh season then why worry about never being able to do it It's obviously easy af

@Gomez Addams

Been several months but the Co i was in said one day "Hurry up, fast travel to Ship XYZ." I complied. When the battle started we simply had a section of the ship (roof piece/ armor) just barely sticking in the bubble, the krakken was defeated by someone else (who received zero assistance from us), and from just having a piece of our ship in the bubble 2 of us recieved the sub unlock, several levels of xp and the skin. I guess thats what is being talked about...

I apologize if I'm posting an "exploit"

Its cheesy, also never attempted to rinse and repeat the method since i was capped via discovery points.. Also Im not sure if thats what OP is referring to...

@FatalCrazy i would simplify the poll questions and responses, I am having trouble w the wording

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, FatalCrazy said:

Because with this change in rewards for underwater skill, many players will not be able to complete. This was an alternative that helped these players.

Unfortunately many will be left without using this feature in the game, submarine is very cool. But the Kraken is the most difficult challenge in the game.

I don’t agree at all. If the kraken was hard, it shouldnt be able to be completed within 24 hours and v2 within 48 hours. The people with ships laying at the border, doing absolutely nothing and still getting awarded has always been a very bad thing. I’m happy that it’s no longer possible. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Percieval said:

I don’t agree at all. If the kraken was hard, it shouldnt be able to be completed within 24 hours and v2 within 48 hours. The people with ships laying at the border, doing absolutely nothing and still getting awarded has always been a very bad thing. I’m happy that it’s no longer possible. 

I 100% agree with this, and just to give some context, only time I got that achievement was a day I saw a group being formed on the Atlas Discord encouraging people to just go there to get the achievement. I went there with my sloop, didn't shoot a single cannonball and yet I got it. I enjoyed the submarine but it makes no sense that you can have access to end game stuff without doing absolutely anything.

As far as I know all you have to do now is deal some damage to it. It is not about killing by yourself or dealing a certain % damage. Anyone can team up with other people even through alternative channels get the achievement. 

• Like 2

I would advise just having a "Boss Rewards" section in the skill tree and the player choose their own reward for PARTICIPATING in the defeat of a major boss. I.E. Help kill the Krakken equals 1 "Boss Point"

Also, as the game AND player evolves over time, allow the "Boss Reward" section to be part of the respec process.

Bump?

Edited by Ranger1k

Interesting idea.  Another reason to keep doing the Kraken instead of it being a one and done thing for a lot of people. 

I didn't advocate it being stackable, however, if so, i would suggest diminishing returns over time to reduce camping

2 hours ago, Christopher Blake said:

I 100% agree with this, and just to give some context, only time I got that achievement was a day I saw a group being formed on the Atlas Discord encouraging people to just go there to get the achievement. I went there with my sloop, didn't shoot a single cannonball and yet I got it. I enjoyed the submarine but it makes no sense that you can have access to end game stuff without doing absolutely anything.

As far as I know all you have to do now is deal some damage to it. It is not about killing by yourself or dealing a certain % damage. Anyone can team up with other people even through alternative channels get the achievement. 

Same with the hydra killing. Just hit it with 1 arrow and you get the key even if other people do all the work. 

On 7/15/2020 at 6:14 PM, Ranger1k said:

@Gomez Addams

Been several months but the Co i was in said one day "Hurry up, fast travel to Ship XYZ." I complied. When the battle started we simply had a section of the ship (roof piece/ armor) just barely sticking in the bubble, the krakken was defeated by someone else (who received zero assistance from us), and from just having a piece of our ship in the bubble 2 of us recieved the sub unlock, several levels of xp and the skin. I guess thats what is being talked about...

I apologize if I'm posting an "exploit"

Its cheesy, also never attempted to rinse and repeat the method since i was capped via discovery points.. Also Im not sure if thats what OP is referring to...

@FatalCrazy i would simplify the poll questions and responses, I am having trouble w the wording

OK

• Like 1

The more people sapping the Kraken fight, the harder it is for the people actually in the bubble due to lag.  There was 180 people on the grid for one battle (NA PVP) and only 2 ships in the bubble.

Don't have to be in the bubble or at least it was that way over a  year ago. Me and a friend went to do it, I took a brig and I got inside the bubble my friend was abit behind but someone started it and when he got to the bubble he said he could not enter.

He was angry he went a long way and missed out on it or so he thought, when it was over he also got the quest achievement just for being near the wall of the bubble, I didn't know this until that point. I've only ever done the Kraken once and I haven't done it since.

Idk, you still get the achivement outside the bubble (need to have the fight timer), but i got no xp for the second time. A crew member got her discovery points for the second kill (she didnt had all PS for first kill). First kills we were inside bubble and fighting. Second did not make it into, so stayed outside.
I would say it is just inconsistet.