Sign in to follow this  
Lagz

What did they do to skill points?

I must be missing it in the patch notes.. But I am level 12 and got 23 skill points back when i logged in. This doesnt come close to giving me the amount of skills i had last night. Not even half. This is a terrible system but im wondering if im missing something here? Does it get better as you level? 

They adjusted thing so skills cost more.  Some skills went to 2 points instead of 1, Advanced Tools went from 1 to 8, which is a bit of a killer.

Yeah it's in the patch notes.

- Rebalanced Skill Point requirements as originally intended, where higher tier skills cost more SP. Forced a one-time 'free' respec to use these new values.

- Added one more Skill Point earned by all level-ups above 10 (recommend players Respec)

6 minutes ago, Coggage said:

They adjusted thing so skills cost more.  Some skills went to 2 points instead of 1, Advanced Tools went from 1 to 8, which is a bit of a killer.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yeah it's in the patch notes.

- Rebalanced Skill Point requirements as originally intended, where higher tier skills cost more SP. Forced a one-time 'free' respec to use these new values.

- Added one more Skill Point earned by all level-ups above 10 (recommend players Respec)

Thanks for the info.. Seems stupid to me though. I thought the system was pretty good. Admittedly it did seem like we had too many for the levels, and i was actually wondering when it would get nerfed, but this is worse than having too many.. Maybe if they added an extra one every other, or every few, levels as well. But i guess we'll have to make it work. 

If my ships didnt disappear today id have all the stuff i cant make now 💔

I read the patch notes and at lvl 12+ they are giving an extra skill point, which I think might just do the trick.  Level 12 isn't hard to get and it will encourage people to get out of the newbie zones, more than likely.

"Added one more Skill Point earned by all level-ups above 10 (recommend players Respec)"

I am sure it will get rebalanced at some point.. they went from one extreme to the other haha they need to sit some place in the middle.

Still there are a few suggestions in the suggestion section of these forums so jump into one of those and show your support.. maybe the devs will look into one of them.

1 hour ago, Coggage said:

I read the patch notes and at lvl 12+ they are giving an extra skill point, which I think might just do the trick.  Level 12 isn't hard to get and it will encourage people to get out of the newbie zones, more than likely.

"Added one more Skill Point earned by all level-ups above 10 (recommend players Respec)"

It's 10+ not 12. Which is pretty easy to get to as you can get upto 8 in freeport areas to begin with.