ATLAS

Teaser: Coming Next Week - Farmhouses and Buying Ships with Gold!

1 hour ago, Peet said:

Devs and community manager, please can you rework building our dream ships? It's really annoying build some structures on ship because every time I get message OBSTRUCTED. Can't place ceilings, walls etc. Thank you

I fully agree. Brigatine e Galleon is not a dream, it is a nightmare to build on them. Very Very Crashed!

no other problems? farm house? buyable ships? what a garbage! Atlas of Thiefs? xD really? When can we find all resources? When will the islands be repaired? You learn from wildcard ... new content and no improvement. Why not a farm house dlc, ah yes ... not enough players ^^ wth

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Helgard said:

They could have decreased island points per company, but hard capped to 1 island ? 
And how do you think to defeat your enemys and claim their island if you have to drop your island doing it ? 😄

Shallow thinking mate

If you destroy the assets on the island most companies will drop the claim anyways.  Shallow thinking is why the game is in it's current state.  What's to prevent a company from splitting to own all the islands?  I don't have that answer.  But I do know if a few companies are able to consume most of the land the population problem will take care of itself. 

WOW I am happy to see this.  Keep moving things forward guys!  We appreciate it!

• Like 1

It's really important that you can go in to the building and access inventory form the inside. Please update the bank building to, so you can go inside and do the same 🙂 I do really like this idea, it sounds like good stuff 🤎

Please fix the explosive barrel duping also, that bug has been there long enough! Devs can send me a message if they need the video of how people are doing it, it is on youtube.

1 hour ago, esditas said:

no other problems? farm house? buyable ships? what a garbage! Atlas of Thiefs? xD really? When can we find all resources? When will the islands be repaired? You learn from wildcard ... new content and no improvement. Why not a farm house dlc, ah yes ... not enough players ^^ wth

okay, when you get a negative impulse like this.. walk away form your computer, calm down and think about it for a little while.

First of all you can not have dlc you have to pay for in a game that is still early access. The devs are totally new and they need time to learn the code and all that stuff. This is a content addition that is being added, this does not mean that nothing will be changed or fixed in the game. They can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time!

I would wait for the patch notes before i start flaming the new devs, give them a chance or get out of here dude! Don't you dear ruin this before they have had a chance! People need to stop being rage dummies!

Edited by Shepard_Fury
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Shepard_Fury said:

okay, when you get a negative impulse like this.. walk away form your computer, calm down and think about it for a little while.

First of all you can not have dlc you have to pay for in a game that is still early access. The devs are totally new and they need time to learn the code and all that stuff. This is a content addition that is being added, this does not mean that nothing will be changed or fixed in the game. They can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time!

I would wait for the patch notes before i start flaming the new devs, give them a chance or get out of here dude! Don't you dear ruin this before they have had a chance! People need to stop being rage dummies!

Oh you saying the company should not have release DLC during early access? They did that with Scorched Earth dlc map on ark. Wildcard and Grapeshot are technically the same organisation.

8 minutes ago, Juzek19985 said:

Oh you saying the company should not have release DLC during early access? They did that with Scorched Earth dlc map on ark. Wildcard and Grapeshot are technically the same organisation.

No, Grapeshot and Atlas are their own devs/game in my eyes. This team has not released any paid dlc in this game.

People need to get over them self and realist that this is a different game. They took assets for Ark and updated the engine but they also changed the key mechanics. Game companies do this all the time when making a new game.

I would like Grapeshot to be more independent of Wildcard, stop stealing the grapeshot devs when ark is pooping it self! 😆 I also hope that the new devs will be more oriented on working pvp mechanics.

We need cool downs that prevents zoning when doing ship pvp, loot bags need to collect to a big bag that last longer to prevent popcorning and beds need to have charges so your ship is not a "clown car".

Edited by Shepard_Fury
  • Like 2

I'm happy they are adding different ways to playing the game for sure. As for the PvE side is concerned there defiantly needs to be more accessible things to do other than kraken and yeti. I've had a blast over the year smashing all the content with my smaller company. The game is big and deserves its accommodations.

Having NPC boats in game would be amazing. Or factions like the Navy, specific brands of pirates, or merchants that sail the seas would be awesome. I like the idea of single player where these lands are already taken over by NPC crews and its your job to take them over, I think this be be expanded on. Having these NPC factions that own land and have fleets scouting the ocean would be awesome, and depending on the factions depend on the aggressiveness of them. The ability to use the claim flag on "faction ships" as an instant claim would be great(after killing the crew or taking them prisoners), with the addition of a towing hawser to tow these boats to either freeport, main base, or an entirely new faction of pirates;  buy the ships for gold, resources, or even blueprints. 

Please add the ability to declare war with another company in PvE. Just make it so that both companies have to agree to the war to enable ship damage to the companies in the Declaration. pleaseeeeeee ❤️

NPC towns or freeports can be expanded on with characters that have full dialog and give out quests to people for specific resources or blueprints for rare rewards, quest only cosmetics, and other rewards. 

It would be really amazing to have masterwork ship builders that have quests you would have to do for them to be able to unlock new ship styles, different cannon cosmetics, sails, and other cool and fun additions. 

Overall I just love Atlas, and I would love to see the PvE side of the game grow. I know PvP is insanely fun and rewarding but as for the PvE side mmo goes, I know it has insane potential and I'd just absolutely love to see it grow to what it can be. 

Keep up the good work and I'm keeping my eye on all the updates to come, I'm really excited to see what the farmhouse introduces. ❤️

-V31L

Edited by V31L

are the farmhouses going to be build able structures, or just something people claim on the islands? (pirates hideouts)

19 hours ago, Pattus said:

Any land based structure kind of defeats the goal of putting people to sea.  The issue right now is that, due to the cost reduction of islands, the turnover of land is at an all time high.  A few companies have capitalized most of the islands.  There are fewer, cheaper islands that result in a lot of land contention.  Therefore, a farmhouse may sound useful, but if you can't keep the land it makes no difference.  This season will see the same companies dominating a smaller world, faster and with fewer resources.  It's already happened.   There should be a hard limit of one island per company as the way it is now everyone is paying 30% tax that isn't part of a large company.  It's getting old fast.

I have the answer to explain how to pull that rabbit out of a hat.

Sadly though, I must refuse to give it to the devs for free 

This is GREAT NEW! Sorry to ask for anything more but we or I would like to be able to buy/trade someones ship. 

501/5000

I wonder why one always adds new things before one corrects everything else that goes wrong in this patch we have been looking for 4 days stretching choice is untraceable, stones are wrongly labeled when you press the H keyboard with the PC in some sectors it paints a lot I am glad that I can leave this sector again so much to do and correct but no more is added that more errors have to be fixed is slowly no more fun to play atlas.

This game will never be playable how you want it to be, you want players to spend more time out and sea, then you need to not fuck us when we are, sailing lovely with a little wind then night time no wind and fog plus 2 glowing red galleons come out of nowhere and sink me in the middle of no where My whole crew gets killed by a shark I’m trying to swim to the nearest island which is not close at all lost both my bears and literally everything I own, went down with that ship trying to play the way you want. Unfortunately this probably will mean the end for me, haven’t got a problem losing a ship or a crew, but when you try to play it the way the developers want, you just get screwed. 

3 hours ago, Padwah said:

This game will never be playable how you want it to be, you want players to spend more time out and sea, then you need to not fuck us when we are, sailing lovely with a little wind then night time no wind and fog plus 2 glowing red galleons come out of nowhere and sink me in the middle of no where My whole crew gets killed by a shark I’m trying to swim to the nearest island which is not close at all lost both my bears and literally everything I own, went down with that ship trying to play the way you want. Unfortunately this probably will mean the end for me, haven’t got a problem losing a ship or a crew, but when you try to play it the way the developers want, you just get screwed. 

Thats a bummer losing ships and tames etc. I sympathize with that frustration... Maybe i can help...

I remember being sooo happy exploring w an awesome new decked out schooner.. I was heading up a coast-line taking in the scenery, figuring out resource locations, scouting potential bases etc., and learning about the game..

BAM!!-1200dmg, 1200dmg, 1200dmg, 1200dmg... My ship raggdolled and throttled then sank... I was befuddled. Zero time to react. Standing on shore staring at the wreckage wondering what happened? NOTHING was visibly near my ship.. 🙄 Didn't want to swim out for a look because i thought it was some invisible-sea-monster-thing and i didn't have a nearby bed.. 🙄 for 15 minutes shoreside w 2 NPCs "Is this the Kraken Ive heard about? A squid or the killer whale?"... then anger kicked in, i was SOOO PISSED. "WTF this a terrible game mechanic how can i fight or evade a DAMN MONSTER I CAN'T SEE??!!"...😣...

Someone strolled upon me while i was contemplating rage quitting.. "Need help?" she asked. Smoke came out of my ears while i explained i was sank by an invisible sea monster..

"What?" she asked again 🤨

I explained the invisible-monster encounter, again, and pointed out the debris in the water. "Oh, that sucks" she said.. 🙄.... "Wait here".. She got her Co member, swam out, investigated and concluded it was a bug, invisible friggen rock. Filed a bug report. I wound up joining them. Had a great time for a few months and learned ALOT...

Point being this isn't the final product. Also they encourage a "focus" to get feedback. I am NOT saying in ANYWAY that your wrong. My only advice is YOU purchased it so play it the way YOU want. Tell them what sucks, whats fun and why. Take breaks as necessary, i am.

GL

Edited by Ranger1k
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Padwah said:

I’m sorry that happened to you that sucks 😞 ~ The fog seems to be worse this season (in the tundra at least) this season I have gotten it back to back and I lived in the eastern tundra last season that never happened ~

I had a similar thing happen to me yesterday ~ I was sailing past 4 sod brigs in my schooner and then fog kicks in again I had a good idea where they were so I kept heading away ~ Then after a good distance away I think ok this is a safe place to drop sails, it wasn’t lol ~ As soon as my sails are down a gally ran right into the front of my ship ~ I couldn’t see him until he was on me and I was on alert the whole time ~ I was lucky the wind was in my favor he only broadsided two planks down to 1000 health and I got away ~

The fog is nuts I don’t know if it’s worse on xb but I can’t see anything in the fog at all ~ I always carry extra planks, wheel and tons of supplies but that could have gone way worse 

Edited by ~ Pandora ~

17 hours ago, ~ Pandora ~ said:

I’m sorry that happened to you that sucks 😞 ~ The fog seems to be worse this season (in the tundra at least) this season I have gotten it back to back and I lived in the eastern tundra last season that never happened ~

I had a similar thing happen to me yesterday ~ I was sailing past 4 sod brigs in my schooner and then fog kicks in again I had a good idea where they were so I kept heading away ~ Then after a good distance away I think ok this is a safe place to drop sails, it wasn’t lol ~ As soon as my sails are down a gally ran right into the front of my ship ~ I couldn’t see him until he was on me and I was on alert the whole time ~ I was lucky the wind was in my favor he only broadsided two planks down to 1000 health and I got away ~

The fog is nuts I don’t know if it’s worse on xb but I can’t see anything in the fog at all ~ I always carry extra planks, wheel and tons of supplies but that could have gone way worse 

Time for a seagull to get an extra function. 

20 hours ago, ~ Pandora ~ said:

If you dont see anything it is likely you where not in the crows nest. You need to put an npc on the wheel and command your ship from the crows nest to actually see stuff.
Since the crows nest is not the place to be for the captain i hope we will be able to place npcs there in the future so we can actually do stuff other than standing there just for the massive view buff.

On 7/16/2020 at 7:58 PM, Padwah said:

LMAO. 
Sorry to laugh at your tragedy. But it has happened so many times now that I found it funny to see that other players go through this too.

I know that what happened to you is horrible, but I really think it is very good that the game can have this kind of experience. After all, if you look closely, the problem was yours on several issues.
1 - I learned that to navigate safely you need to navigate near the grid lines. There you can escape SODS, storms and fog. Just run to the other grid.

2- Never sail without extra boards and boards. When your ship left for the sea, already put some in your inventory for emergencies.

3 - Never sail with extra weight.

4 - Never approach an island with all sails open and at high speed. It is very likely that you have a lag and when you return you are already taking damage on the sand or on another ship.

5 - Never teleport from your boat to another bed if your boat is in the middle of the ocean. I've lost ships like that. The Game is buggy and your ship's bed no longer appears as an option to return.

6 - Never travel on your ship with all your belongings at once. Make several trips, it will take longer, but it is much safer.

7 - While approaching islands, always keep an eye on your map. I already had problems with shallow places where there were stones out of water and I didn't see them. When I found out it was too late.

These are some tips that I learned in the worst way. In all of them I lost my boat. And so I learned several tricks to stay alive.

I think this is what matters in a survival game. Learn to survive.

I get sad when I lose everything. And literally I have already lost everything several times. But I rest a little, I recapture my patience and when I come back I come back smarter and more motivated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Linea said:

If you dont see anything it is likely you where not in the crows nest. You need to put an npc on the wheel and command your ship from the crows nest to actually see stuff.

I used to double-box (run 2 accounts simultaneously) my observations were this..

Character in crows nest sees tall things first, such as SotD. He was in front crows nest so he actually crossed grids first also by ~1 full second.

Character at wheel actually spotted low stuff first such as flotsams, sunken treasures and whales.

Doesn't make sense but that was confirmed consistently for months. When it was supper foggy i lowered sails, watched the crows nest view primarily, and if an attack came i quickly raised my sails (all handling sails) adjusted to get a tailwind no matter where fire was coming from, accelerated away & then verified i wasnt going to hit land.

As PP stated knowing border location can help cheese it also, i did plenty of times 🤣

I swear the game cheats and looks at your cargo box, got a bunch of gold and BP.   Calm seas sunny skies.   Starts raining, water spouts, fog, and SOTD all at once.    If it did not feel bad when you die then it would not feel as good when you survive it.

On 7/16/2020 at 7:45 PM, Ranger1k said:

Thats a bummer losing ships and tames etc. I sympathize with that frustration... Maybe i can help...

I remember being sooo happy exploring w an awesome new decked out schooner.. I was heading up a coast-line taking in the scenery, figuring out resource locations, scouting potential bases etc., and learning about the game..

BAM!!-1200dmg, 1200dmg, 1200dmg, 1200dmg... My ship raggdolled and throttled then sank... I was befuddled. Zero time to react. Standing on shore staring at the wreckage wondering what happened? NOTHING was visibly near my ship.. 🙄 Didn't want to swim out for a look because i thought it was some invisible-sea-monster-thing and i didn't have a nearby bed.. 🙄 for 15 minutes shoreside w 2 NPCs "Is this the Kraken Ive heard about? A squid or the killer whale?"... then anger kicked in, i was SOOO PISSED. "WTF this a terrible game mechanic how can i fight or evade a DAMN MONSTER I CAN'T SEE??!!"...😣...

Someone strolled upon me while i was contemplating rage quitting.. "Need help?" she asked. Smoke came out of my ears while i explained i was sank by an invisible sea monster..

"What?" she asked again 🤨

I explained the invisible-monster encounter, again, and pointed out the debris in the water. "Oh, that sucks" she said.. 🙄.... "Wait here".. She got her Co member, swam out, investigated and concluded it was a bug, invisible friggen rock. Filed a bug report. I wound up joining them. Had a great time for a few months and learned ALOT...

Point being this isn't the final product. Also they encourage a "focus" to get feedback. I am NOT saying in ANYWAY that your wrong. My only advice is YOU purchased it so play it the way YOU want. Tell them what sucks, whats fun and why. Take breaks as necessary, i am.

GL

I am sorry but the way you described the invisible monster I just had to laugh. I too had a similar thing happen as well as others only we weren't sailing, our ships were parked outside of the base in waters that did not have boulders below otherwise, we would not have chosen that spot but they kept growing and our ships would just " leave the company " .......I had a brig, two schooners and a sloop go poof, a few other people in the same grid had the very same problem, this was before this last wipe ( which by the way was never supposed to happen according to the promise made from the previous wipe with xbox ) I turned a ticket in and in the following patch there were notes pertaining to fixing the growth of underwater boulders that weren't there before but, still had loss of ships, I just rebuild just easier to let them know what is going on and where than to try and make a list of all that I have lost I like to keep it simple.

Aside from the features, are there any important things being addressed in this issue? At this point most of us could care less for new features because the game is not running well. Many bugs that were fixed last season are back and QoL things presented last season are missing.