ATLAS

Teaser: Coming Next Week - Farmhouses and Buying Ships with Gold!

20200713_ATLAS_farmhouse_announcement-1920.jpg

Yo ho! Pathfinders.

As previously promised there is some new ATLAS content on the horizon! We’re excited to bring you all a little sneak peek of two of the new features in our next update coming next week!

:anchor: Farmhouses :anchor:

Introducing the first of our upcoming features, Farmhouses! Tired of toiling away on land like a landlubber, when you could be out adventuring on the high seas? You’re in luck! The new Farmhouses will automatically collect resources within a range around itself. All you scallywags can now spend less time on your chores and more time sailing out beyond the shores! 

Take a gander at some of the concept art for various Farmhouses styles below:

ATLAS_WoodFarm_Front_Rear_Concept-min.jpg

ATLAS_Farm_ColorStudy_Concept-min.jpg

ATLAS_StoneFarm_Front_Rear_Concept-min.jpg

*Please note that these are concept art and not the final rendition.

:anchor: Buy Ships with Gold :anchor:

In addition to the upcoming Farmhouse update, we’ll also be introducing the ability to purchase ships with gold. Building ships is core to the ATLAS experience, so you can still craft your own masterpiece.  Afterall, nothing beats the beauty of a ship that you create with your own blood, sweat, and tears! However, if you have a chest full o’gold and are anxious to get out sea quickly, purchasable ships will come in handy! We’ll be interested to see how this option will expand sea travel and interactions.

More information to come! Stay tuned! 

0HQoR0ut02zCsb5w-eyJzmOhOFNonyKVKQ33Ecod

Happy Sailing,

- ATLAS Crew

:skull: For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information:  :skull:

Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas

Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas

Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas

Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame

View full article

Nice. Cant wait for a full patchnotes

Edited by Brae
  • Like 1

I really hope the farmhouses don't make the animals useless... and I really hope you can't just buy Mythic ships. Otherwise looks interesting. Would love to see more animals, skins, and decorations!

• Like 1

When can we buy a lower ping? Cause 250 on PVE isn't low enough. I wanna see 400 baby!

• Like 2

Good! I'm happy to see things like this, it will help smaller companies and solo players more. Hopefully they add more things like a mine, and other structures. it will offer different ways to play the game and offer ways to lessen grinding and put more time into actually playing. I'm just hoping they add NPC merchant ships that we can board and fight the crews on them, in hopes they are carrying valuable resources and treasure. A towing hawser  would also be a great addition to be able to tow ships back to main base to use, or back to a freeport to be able to sell.

• Like 3

Nice, I like where the game seems to be going, creating new options for the players. My only hope with this update is that you can't just buy OP ships, but simpler ones just for exploring or maybe small battles.

Edited by Colonel Sarge
  • Like 1

Hmm, these farmhouses seem like they could really be useful. While I do enjoy farming resources sometimes just because its relaxing, I like  the thought of having resources farmed while Im out at sea. Excited to see what this looks like. 

Question, any plans on revisiting the icebox functions to allow food to be stored? or adding an actual fridge that uses ice? I dont mind ice in the preserving bags,  but for bases, an actual fridge function would be nice so i can save the preserving bags for ships.  Not really a huge deal, more of a QoL question. 

• Like 2

More time sailing about our shores on a smaller map?  C'mon! So, what's the benefit of owning an island now?  Is this something that can be placed on lawless?

Any land based structure kind of defeats the goal of putting people to sea.  The issue right now is that, due to the cost reduction of islands, the turnover of land is at an all time high.  A few companies have capitalized most of the islands.  There are fewer, cheaper islands that result in a lot of land contention.  Therefore, a farmhouse may sound useful, but if you can't keep the land it makes no difference.  This season will see the same companies dominating a smaller world, faster and with fewer resources.  It's already happened.   There should be a hard limit of one island per company as the way it is now everyone is paying 30% tax that isn't part of a large company.  It's getting old fast.

41 minutes ago, Pattus said:

There should be a hard limit of one island per company as the way it is now everyone is paying 30% tax that isn't part of a large company.  It's getting old fast.

They could have decreased island points per company, but hard capped to 1 island ? 
And how do you think to defeat your enemys and claim their island if you have to drop your island doing it ? 😄

Shallow thinking mate

About farmhauses:
1. Would be only normal to be needed to man them with crewmembers, let's say you can put in it total of 10 crewmembers( or any different ammount)  each of which gives 10% of total production, reaching 100% at 10 crewmembers, in this case those automatically farmed resources wont be free, but you actually would need to pay gold to crewmembers working there, so stimulating players to go more out to farm maps/whales and other ways of getting gold.

2. Farmhause would be needed to be able to be put on a ground without blocking nearby resources, either it would block only the place it's put on or tiny bit around it.
3. Also a option that it transfers resources to flag if you are a owner of the island. ???

As of questions:
1. Does taxation will work on them, if settler has put one down on your island ?
2. Can you put one on claimed islands only or also lawless ?
3. If someone destroys it, does they get access to resources stored inside it?
4. Will it collect all resources around it, or let's say you will be able to choose which specific resource you want it to collect?
4.1. Will the production be capped at X ammount of resources per resource type per hour, or X ammount of resources total per hour ?
(Like if there is around trees, rocks, metal, crystal etc. will it collect 100 of each resource per hour, or will it collect 100 randomly picked resources in its range)

Edited by Helgard
  • Like 1

I think the farmhouses will be great for pvp, but why would you want to do less in pve? Not sure about the ships though as building and selling ships is something players could do, It would be nice if they were blueprints for different ship types though.

Oh well this really finish PvE off. The majority of PvE is farming resources and building.

Now you have automatic farming and no need to build ships, what will be left for PvE to do? 

Now this sounds interesting. We start to see more clearly which direction it is going now and it sounds awesome.

I wonder does the farmhouse collect everything or just food and plants which would make sense so we see mines and other buildings in the future?

I asume we need to stock the farmhouse with npc's to keep it running -> consumes gold that way. This will give us another reason to sail out and get gold on our adventures.
Should also work well on PVE or mixed servers if you later come around to add more adventure and pve activities for cooperative and solo play. Everyone should be happy then, maybe we can even see dynamic events scaling to the number of participants.

It seems you have a good course there i definitly want to see where it leads :)

The problem I foresee is if games like skull and bones get released, which is essentially gonna be hardcore ship pvp battles. Atlas has more potential as a pyrate survival game than a rust on water style of game. Yeh a lot of people like pvp, but not all of them are gonna want to play at being pyrates. And bearing in mind, after the initial purchase of the game, there is no income from it, and it isn't good enough to have a subscription or micro transactions. It will just end up as another pvp grief fest, with tons of unfixed bugs, what a bore.

Request: ship insurance or prefabrication of a self-made template.

The possibility at the shipyard where a ship was built to recall the destroyed ship.
Costs either gold or 2/3 of the original materials.

So far, it has been the case that you sometimes build a ship together for several days and then have to level it first. This hurts the loss a lot!

insured_ship.png

• Like 5

Devs and community manager, please can you rework building our dream ships? It's really annoying build some structures on ship because every time I get message OBSTRUCTED. Can't place ceilings, walls etc. Thank you

• Like 2

It would be interesting to remove the timmer from manufactured foods and add the option of being able to sell them for coins

• Like 1

i smell the free to play cash shop where you can buy ship with gold and gold with cash $$

plz be aware the pvp is a feature like another  its not all ,

plz dont do what Aventurine did With Darkfall

thx