WilliamGrayton

Dedicated server not showing in server list -----!!!!! No Longer RESOLVED !!!!!------

I have to ask first off is the private host feature broken? I have run many different private servers for many different games and this is the only game that will not act as it should. 

I have opened all the ports I can find from the various posts. I have tried the DMZ, I have disabled the firewall added rules etc, fresh install multiple times. I have used ASC, I have done it manually. 

I also see there have been many unanswered threads on this issue most seem to have given up. 

I will post screens of anything I can to help get this fixed (maybe I did miss something) but is the game broken or dead as this forum seems?

for anyone currently hosting a dedicated server behind a router please help!

Edited by WilliamGrayton

So as a reply to my own post this problem has been solved for me.

It seems no one ever replys or has a solution to this issue so I will post my own solution for others to follow.

This works for windows 7 64 bit OS, dont know about any other. I did not find the fix on these boards. (if it was posted or linked I must have over looked it.)

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/workaround-if-you-cannot-join-your-own-dedi-server.4672/

open that page and follow the directions, simple as that. Was like magic and everything worked for my server after that.

• Thanks 1

Our server vanished from the server list for me.  Wasnt a server issue as all of my friends were actively playing.  I was able to join from the steam server list that is nested under the view tab.  Still very strange that it just vanished though

It appears what ever fixes that were discovered are no longer working. I have been able to host a server that others over the internet can join with no issues pretty much out of the box. Now if I want to play on it it gets tricky unless you have a router that supports NAT loopback. There is a work around so that I was able to join my own server how ever No one else on my same network can join. The point of running my own private world is to escape from the toxic griefer ridden community whom this company care nothing about stopping. I want to play the game with my friends and family and not have to deal with anyone else.

I have a system capable of hosting no problems. Why am I being forced to pay company to host so we can achieve this goal? Why at every turn are they "fixing" our ability to host our own servers? This was all something that used to work with this game. I have hosted in the past to family on my own private lan and friends across the internet. Now it seems no longer possible. We will not be forced to play on public servers. We will not be forced to pay a company to host for us. Unfortunately we will be forced to play another game that will accommodate our needs. This is all this company is forcing people to do. it is a shame to see such a promising game die while still in its creation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1