Sign in to follow this  
Afsan

Thoughts on Season 4 - A casual pve'r perspective.

Hi All,
Well it's been a week and I thought I'd give a bit of feedback on the new season. To note: I realize this is just my perspective.
Where I sit. 
I'm on the pve Server. I don't like the stress of pvp (usually no mater what the game) and prefer pve content. In Atlas that translates to Map running and exploration. I have about 750 odd hours in the game, with 35hrs in Season 4.
The new Map.
I like the size and shape of the new map. There feels like enough islands, though upkeep is so cheep i think there's going to be lots of 'dead' islands (owners who don't log in anymore) in a few weeks. What i don't like is the new biome layout. It just feel unnatural to go from a tropical to a tundra. I liked the old natural progression. The unreliable resource information ('h' key) is also a frustration, but could be fixed in a patch. I'll also note, the move to a single pve server was a good idea. The world feels populated with 10's of people on some grids. 
On Exploration.
One of the reasons I'm writing this was an epiphany last night. I was sailing past an island, on my way to map. In the past I would have stopped to look for exploration points, check out the local shops eg. drive content. Last night I had no reason to visit it. A dimension of my game play has been removed, namely exploration points. In the same vein, the company was doing a higher map on an island were we previously lived. Some of the old guard showed off a cool area that used to be an exploration point. Then we remembered that they were removed. So we left the island. What could have happened was everyone spending an hour or so going to the other exploration points and really exploring the world.
In the end....
There are two options for mental health, play the game that is or don't play. I think for this season I'm choosing the second option. We'll see what Season 5 brings.