GCDragonfli

PVE .. Single Players .. What is the Status for the game

At this point in the game .. You have not addressed what is going to happen with SP.

There are many that do play SP and prefer to keep it that way ..

Mainly because of the Grief that comes with MP or PVP,  .. plus hacking issues.

I for One only play as a SP in any game that I buy and prefer it that way. 

Thank You 

They're focused on PVP now, proverbially kicking the PVE can down the road.

Since singleplayer is playing PVE solo, it probably sits with that category.

• Like 1

They hand picked the questions to answer in the Q & A and only answered 3, just when you think t hey couldn't stoop any lower they go and break the record.

Here is a question about PvP server. I'm reading between the lines and could be completely wrong but with opt in conflict why would they need a PvE server when you can go about your business with opt out? With them saying "we are breaking PvE away into something else" I'm betting on them putting everyone on PvP server so you opt in/out of PvP.

I say again, I could be completely wrong but they certainly don't give me the motivation to play with these stupid answers. I bet someone posted a question "are you removing PvE servers in the future?" and they said to themselves, na we won't answer that, next question.

Question: I guess my main question would be about new PVP official servers. When you claim an island, is it safe for you or is it possible to be raided? I don't mind PVP at sea, but base raids suck. Just curious. Thanks.

Answer: Atlas is intended to be a game about pirates, and while our land-based combat is deep and rich, the new energy behind Atlas is to bring that depth and richness to sea as well.  More interesting interactions with the oceans and ships is where we are pointed and we'll be making a host of changes to drive more player energy in that direction. Look for our future development to lean towards creating opportunities for greater rewards and higher risks on the water with more opportunities for opt-in conflict.

On 7/11/2020 at 5:55 PM, DannyUK said:

...I'm reading between the lines and could be completely wrong but with opt in conflict why would they need a PvE server when you can go about your business with opt out? ...

Elder Scrolls Online does this, and that is what I love about that game.  I can play in a huge MMO environment safe in the knowledge that I can play without being griefed.  Yet, if I chose to I could enter the dedicated PvP areas of the map.

• Like 1