Sign in to follow this  
Dissy

Sperm whale

Hey

Does anyone know there to lock for sperm whale. I havet searched in polar but can not find any.

Edited by Dissy

As far as I see - devs broke something with whales resp timers.

About week ago we did both quests.

- Blue whales (non aggressive) can be found both in Tundra and Polar. We killed one in Polar.

- Sperm whales (aggressive) can be found in Polar. We were searching one for couple grids, and player (huge thanks and hugs for him) told us in chat that he saw one just one grid away. Wished us luck and happy hunting. We found one just one grid away. While on our way home we also spotted 2 blue whales and 1 sperm whale (didn't touch them). The day after I also spotted 2 blue whales in Tundra.

Today I was leveling my pathfinder, did alot of discoveries and treasures. Maps got me in to 3 Polar and 2 Tundra regions, and while I was chasing the islands and icebergs, I DIDN'T SEE a SINGLE WHALE at all. Also there were like 10-15 players each region who were on the whales mission and they keep spamming messages like "any1 see any whales?" and no one answered he does (I mean there was one troll guy who was trying to send players to central maw. Shame for him).

My guessing is - all, who already did this mission, just killed all whales around and they simply did not respawn yet.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 1

Be careful with the sperm whales as sometimes the damage bar does not show up. i found out the hard way when I only realised it was there when my brig was in the air and was smashed to pieces. I've killed lots of blue whales but the sperm whales no, you just don't know where they are until it's to late.

You just have to search around for them until you see the indicator on your screen but as I say it might be to late when you see it so be careful.

Edited by DannyUK

You just have to search around for them until you see the indicator on your screen but as I say it might be to late when you see it so be careful.

Yeap. Recently I saw a whale, and thought it was a blue one, but then he aggroed me.

And one more thing. There is damaging wall around them - like 5 ship body away. I hit one twice. It's not deadly but nothing good either : ) Sperm whale was turning around after we hit him whit couple of bolts. So careful if he is around the border. If he hit's the border he despawns.