Sign in to follow this  
Whitedirewolf77

Issues with Taming

today I took 14 hour to tame a few animals. Taming can be so bad that it can take up to an hour because the taming goes down so fast. It also has glitch problems as well. Lost so many creatures I tried to tame and had so many problems like something rolls up to kill it that I spent an hour to tame or die by the bola glitch when it disappears from my hand, creatures twisting every 5 -10 and kills me. Getting stuck in bad places where I can't even feed like through the ground. Using 20-30 bolas or more to tame one animal. Feed timer is so slow and got to feed individual doesn't help especially when something attacks or gets in the way to feed in time, causing the bola to time count down and nothing can be down to increase timer, but to wait until it breaks, just to start over. So many problems to deal with just to tame. Its getting so bad that so many people have to build traps to capture animals just to tame because of how bad the taming is. The feed radius is so small, most of the time it can kills you easily. Worst of in all of this,, it can waste your time that you can not ever get back of gameplay that can put you in a very bad position to get your base wiped or to frustrated to play.

What needs to be done is to up the taming because its a joke. Feeding radius needs to be bigger. Need rope to extend the timing or have a bola reset the bola timer when throwing a new bola. Fix glitches and have animals not to attack anymore since that gets a lot of people killed (even in Ark they are knocked out and can't attack).  What else we need is a Net and a net gun for capturing creatures, fish, and players (if player is caught and has anything sharp can cut free, not creatures). I believe this would solve so many issues its having.

Edited by Whitedirewolf77
  • Like 1

I normally just deal with the issues on here but really starting to get to me the annoyance for a fundamental tame needed for farming. My biggest gripe with taming is the elephant, you have a target behind the ear but it won't take the food. You stand by its front legs it'll hit you as soon as you're close enough to feed it. Sneak 3 seems to do absolutely nothing in fact it feels like it makes it worse. last weekend was able to sneak by its front legs and get just about close enough if i was careful without sneak skill, today over an hour with sneak 3 and get hit sometimes before i could even get close enough.

I understand that a tier 3 tame shouldn't be easy but there is a big difference between difficult and next to impossible without a group of sacrifices for every single feed.

I like the taming on here better than ark as it feels a lot more realistic that put a tame to sleep and it magically wakes up your best friend but some of the tames really do need their taming mechanics looking at. Where is the enjoyment in spending over an hour trying to tame a creature to be killed after 3-4 feed attempts, bola wears off and by the time you get a fresh bola on it most of your progress is gone.

even if that agro box was made a little smaller would make a whole world of difference in being able to tame them.