Sign in to follow this  
Jacxq1

I have no pirate ships, why?

Its funny how its a pirate game and yet I have no pirate ships at all, just Ships of the Damned.

Any ideas please?

Wild Pirates exist only in single player.    They patrol the harbors of the pirate camps, and unlike SOTD they are built the same as your ship so just like PVP you have to take out planks and sails.   The only difference is their AI bot is a repair cheater so the only way to sink them is waste lots of cannon balls trying to out damage their repairs.

They had promised to release Wild Pirates for unofficial servers with lots of editing variables but never did.  The feature served its purpose of XBOX hype and they have since moved on and there is zero support for this feature in any megapatch (I guess we call them seasons now).

Edited by krazmuze

7 hours ago, Revy said:

There’s a server that has its own Pirate Ships with custom AIs: https://www.radioactivegaming.eu/atlas-2/

It would seem the above server figured out how to unofficially mod in wild pirates from single player?  Is this mod available for single player as it seems to go further than harbor patrols.